The Battlestar Galactica Thread

astr0creep

Really the only ones I could'nt stand losing are Adama (sr), Sharon & Helo, Six ,and yes, Baltar.

The rest of the characters are a bit too one dimentional.

Apollo jr. and Starbuck get a lot of screentime, but it's pretty rare that something interesting happens. Just ihmo, of course.

And yes, I have managed to watch the entire 3 series in the couple of days since my last posts. Not bad. I wish I got sci-fi where i'm at.

Edited by Gorgon

Na na  na na  na na  ...

greg358 from Darksouls 3 PVP is a CHEATER.

That is all.

It's gotta end sometime. Better to end before it got stale.

I can think of a few shows that went on and on long after they should have been put out to pasture. A certain Macgyver and a chunky headed egyptian fellow springs to mind.

If shows don't end they turn into Lost with no one having a clue what they are about anymore.

Edited by Gorgon

Na na  na na  na na  ...

That is all.

Baltar's lawyer is Badger! :D

The next season of BSG is apparently going to be the last one. What do you guys think of that?

It would be nice if the last season was at least a full season instead of a half season. But at least they had warning and are able to wrap it up, unlike certain other awesome sci-fi tv shows.

Apparently they're working on some TV movies too, I think thats how they should end the series. The season finale of next season should just be the beginning of a trilogy of TV movies to wrap it all up.

Edited by Oerwinde
The area between the balls and the butt is a hotbed of terrorist activity.

Devastatorsig.jpg

The next season of BSG is apparently going to be the last one. What do you guys think of that?

Where did you hear that?

"While it is true you learn with age, the down side is what you often learn is what a damn fool you were before"

Thomas Sowell

Where did you hear that?

I don't think its official, but it was only picked up for another 13 episodes, so people are assuming its the last one.

Devastatorsig.jpg

It would be nice if the last season was at least a full season instead of a half season. But at least they had warning and are able to wrap it up, unlike certain other awesome sci-fi tv shows.

Apparently they're working on some TV movies too, I think thats how they should end the series. The season finale of next season should just be the beginning of a trilogy of TV movies to wrap it all up.

Last I heard a tv movie would be bridging the gap between season 3 and 4.

As for season 4 only having 13 episodes, I don't mind at all. Season 1 only had 13. Less filler.

As for season 4 only having 13 episodes, I don't mind at all. Season 1 only had 13. Less filler.

And season 1 is the best of them all.

Ron Moore(the creator of the series) said he had planned a story arc spanning 4-5 seasons.

I would be happy with 4 seasons. It's already starting to drag on with lots of filler episodes and many plot holes that just appear out of nowhere, most notably the episode "Hero" and Helo's story arc(he just got promoted to CAG, as if Hotdog wasn't a better Viper pilot. Meh).

By the way, 4 of the final five Cylons have been revealed in a spoiler thread on the official BSG forum. The poster was banned and all threads related to the original were deleted. I really hate myself for finding this out but if anyone wants to know, I'm willing to PM the results.

It's a doozy though so be warned...

Agreed. I loved the first season. After that I steadily lost interest...it's still a fun show but not compelling enough to make me watch it regularly.

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

I prefer filler to repeats. :lol:

Devastatorsig.jpg

Agreed. I loved the first season. After that I steadily lost interest...it's still a fun show but not compelling enough to make me watch it regularly.

The series starts to lose steam right after Resurrection Ship Part 2(S02). The pacing simply drops, the fillers come in and the story arc is left on the sides in favor of more character centric episodes.

This not necessarily all bad, just very different from what we got used to during the preceding 47 episodes.

Atr0creep, you are just killing me here. I stay away from the forums over there to avoid spoilers, now you dangle the biggest one in front of me....

I hate you.

PM me with a yes or no answer, is Starbuck one of them?

"While it is true you learn with age, the down side is what you often learn is what a damn fool you were before"

Thomas Sowell

Baltar's lawyer is Badger! :D

I wouldn't mind if the current show is wrapped up in 4 seasons. Having a really good finale would make room for spinoffs and would prevent the show

from becoming stagnated. I believe there is already a spinoff show planned.

I have to admit that, while the writing is good, it is probably the acting of James Olmos that carries it for me.

That is not to say the others can't act but Olmos is just perfect for that role.

I believe the spinoff show is to be a "prequel" of the current show.

As far as a new show in the future timeline, it all depends on how they end the current series.

They could make it extremely open-ended with Cylons still around after they find Earth.

I wonder if Earth will actually be found in the show since the metaphors in the show are so inherently real-world-based.

That is, I believe, the biggest dilemma Moore has faced all along: have footage of Colonials on Earth and you loose some

of the allegory....by the same token, some will be disappointed if Earth is not actually found (i.e. colonized).

I think the best bet would be for the Colonials to find some way of ending the Cylon occupation of their own solar system

and to recolonize. Then, a future show can concentrate on them finding the 13th Tribe for reasons other than survival...basically

it would be Star Trek with strong religious overtones.

I haven't watched Season 3 yet (so this might be redundant), but I definitely want to see some shows that involve the

Cylon homeworld and the top management of that empire.

Who says earth isen't inhabitied already, or that they will even be happy to see their long lost kindred. Imagine them landing in the middle of a tense political situation and having to pick sides in a civil war.

As for the religous themes, they're just stupid. I mean we have no clues what the values of their gods are at all, they mean nothing to us. If they are the ancient greek pantheon they aren't exactly a moral anchoring, what with human sacrifice etc.

The tomb raider style ancient collapsing temples shtick is even worse. The only thing that holds promise in the main plotline is the 'buddhist' everything moves in circles theme.

Edited by Gorgon

Na na  na na  na na  ...

That is all.

I wouldn't mind if the current show is wrapped up in 4 seasons. Having a really good finale would make room for spinoffs and would prevent the show

from becoming stagnated. I believe there is already a spinoff show planned.

Caprica, its about two families of scientists who create the Cylons. Originally it was sposed to just be about two families of scientists who have a huge AI breakthrough, and Sci-Fi told them to talk to the BG people because they thought it would be perfect for that universe, and the rest is history. It sounds like it could be neat, especially if they eventually move towards the first Cylon/Colonial war.

Devastatorsig.jpg

The series starts to lose steam right after Resurrection Ship Part 2(S02). The pacing simply drops, the fillers come in and the story arc is left on the sides in favor of more character centric episodes.

This not necessarily all bad, just very different from what we got used to during the preceding 47 episodes.

Yay! I'm not the only person to notice this.

Of course, I thought that it started dropping off with Resurrection Ship part 2, not after. That's the first episode they start skipping over events. Almost the entire battle against the resurrection ship was skipped over.

"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."

>>>Who says earth isen't inhabitied already, or that they will even be happy to see their long lost kindred. Imagine them landing in the middle of a tense political situation and having to pick sides in a civil war.<<<

well, yes, I think Earth is already inhabited, but just like in the original show, the 13th Tribe colonized other worlds besides Earth.

they could leave it at the same place the other show did: contact with 13 Tribe = yes, finding Earth = no.

of course, an interesting twist would be for them to find Earth but that Earth is not in the current era....not time travel, just that Earth took

a step backward technologically and that the current era for Earth is Bronze Age, Dark Ages, whatever.

>>>As for the religous themes, they're just stupid. I mean we have no clues what the values of their gods are at all, they mean nothing to us. If they are the ancient greek pantheon they aren't exactly a moral anchoring, what with human sacrifice etc.

The tomb raider style ancient collapsing temples shtick is even worse. The only thing that holds promise in the main plotline is the 'buddhist' everything moves in circles theme.<<<

well, the religious component is a direct carryover from Larson's original vision of the show...the 13th Tribe being an important part of Mormonism.

the Tomb Raider stuff is to be expected....it is the only way religion is dealt with in sci-fi and fantasy shows.

but it is precisely the strong beliefs in the Greco-Roman pantheon that would pose problems with them finding Earth in the current era.

having Earth be in a much earlier era would allow for the Colonials to help shape religion on Earth....in other words, it would fit better than if

people landed in a spaceship in the current era and started talking about Zeus (Jupiter) and the rest of the pantheon....it just wouldn't work as well.

Atr0creep, you are just killing me here. I stay away from the forums over there to avoid spoilers, now you dangle the biggest one in front of me....

I hate you.

PM me with a yes or no answer, is Starbuck one of them?

PLS PM me the answer to this as well....

If they're moving towards a civil war I'm probably going to stop watching this show. It seems so obvious, that it better be wrong.

"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."