The Battlestar Galactica Thread

astr0creep

It might as well be. Ive almost stopped caring about the show. Its ridiculous the way they keep creating mysteries and leaving them unanswered for so long that everyone forgets about them completely.

I watch Lost out of habit now.

Like Smallville. :("

But(on topic) BSG is still awesome, despite it's recent hickups.

It might as well be. Ive almost stopped caring about the show. Its ridiculous the way they keep creating mysteries and leaving them unanswered for so long that everyone forgets about them completely.

Yea, BSG figures out ways to answer question that leave giant plot holes or just in ridiculously silly ways.

Both shows are slowly being crushed by their back story at this point.

Last sunday's episode was one of the best this season.

Although there was still a bit too much Kara/Michael - Lee/Dee stuff, it seems to be resolving in a very realistic manner. I liked the way they're handling this.

Plus it was one of the most intensely dramatic episode of the entire series and no one dies. Characters we haven't seen much of this season make a comeback with an extra layer of depth added to them like Roslin, Adama, Baltar and most notably Gaeta.

The only thing that really pisses me off is that not even a month has passed since the show came back from mid-season hiatus and already they're making us wait two frakking weeks for the next episode?! :)

it seems to be resolving in a very realistic manner.

Yes, I particularly enjoyed: "I mean these are our fraking marriages we're talking about, it's not some stupid dog fight we can just jink our way out of"

That has a an award for best writing all over it...

it seems to be resolving in a very realistic manner.

Yes, I particularly enjoyed: "I mean these are our fraking marriages we're talking about, it's not some stupid dog fight we can just jink our way out of"

That has a an award for best writing all over it...

I meant going back to their spouses despite the urges. I liked Lee's little speech to Dee, although corny I felt it was appropriate and natural.

This episode has some of the best acting in the series.

I liked the episode very much.

It was an improvement, most def

Something really bugged me tho: Since when is Roslin the anti-torture spokesman? That 360 really just bugged me for some reason.

Also, is it me, or is the show 100% better recently when they focus more on Baltar instead of the tag teams of Lee/Starbuck and Adama/Roslin?

Edited by kumquatq3

I agree. They should mix things up a bit more, introduce a few new characters to add some variety to the drama - theyve killed off semi-important characters over time (the priestess, that boy who used to help roslin, the wife of the bald guy, starbucks rival pilot etc) without introducing new ones which is probably why things are getting a bit stale. Also certain important story arcs have already come to their conclusions - such as the rivalry between Roslin and the terrorist, or Sharon 2s problems with getting accepted, and the whole baby thing. You are right that currently they keep focusing on tag teams. They should show some more interraction across the board.

Im sick and tired of the whole lee and starbuck thing. Its just dragging on and on - nothing more than useless and irrelevant filler because they dont have any other characters to play around with.

Just to throw this out there. Sooner or later they have to arrive at Earth. What time period do you think Earth will be in? 21st Cent modern, pre-Roman, sometime in the future? According to the end of season 1 The 13th Colony left Kobol 2000 years before the current show started. Now assuming the 13th tribe founded the ancient Greek Civilization, that really began in 323 BC with the beginning of the Hellenisitc Era. So for the sake of argument lets say they arrived on earth shortly before that. That means Galactica will arive at earth around AD 1677. And they are hoping earth will be a refuge from the Cylons? Good luck with that!

"While it is true you learn with age, the down side is what you often learn is what a damn fool you were before"

Thomas Sowell

You know, if they do get to modern Earth and the Cylons follow them would they get coffee at Starbuck's?

Murphy's Law of Computer Gaming: The listed minimum specifications written on the box by the publisher are not the minimum specifications of the game set by the developer.

@\NightandtheShape/@ - "Because you're a bizzare strange deranged human?"

Walsingham- "Sand - always rushing around, stirring up apathy."

Joseph Bulock - "Another headache, courtesy of Sand"

Just to throw this out there. Sooner or later they have to arrive at Earth. What time period do you think Earth will be in? 21st Cent modern, pre-Roman, sometime in the future? According to the end of season 1 The 13th Colony left Kobol 2000 years before the current show started. Now assuming the 13th tribe founded the ancient Greek Civilization, that really began in 323 BC with the beginning of the Hellenisitc Era. So for the sake of argument lets say they arrived on earth shortly before that. That means Galactica will arive at earth around AD 1677. And they are hoping earth will be a refuge from the Cylons? Good luck with that!

I'm guessing they didn't found the ancient Greek civilization.....the lack of spaceships tipped me off

Maybe they did and they decided to blend in with the natives and removed the technology from their society.

Murphy's Law of Computer Gaming: The listed minimum specifications written on the box by the publisher are not the minimum specifications of the game set by the developer.

Around the officiel boards they say Galactica could land on Earth and find the 13th tribe in Atlantis, above water, and the following battles with the invading Cylons destroys the continent or something to that effect.

I'm thinking more along the lines of pre-history, in which the 13th tribe inhabits Atlantis. The Humans and Cylons fight amongst roaming tribes of Neanderthals. Neither side truly wins, instead they wipe out each other trying to protect a flock of human/Cylon children who end up to be the infamous "missing link" and our ancestors.

Or, they could just rewrite Galactica 1980.

I'm guessing they just make a alternative reality earth

BTW, if the cylons know wear Earth was and wanted to destroy humanity, it would have happened. So I doubt any of those ideas are plausible.

I'd guess the cylons find earth and have a "we should just let them be, it would be wrong to kill them" moment or some such. I suspect that the "Final 5" are going to be at earth too. So they find humans and Cylons living side by side.

I'd guess the cylons find earth and have a "we should just let them be, it would be wrong to kill them" moment or some such.

They might also want to educate them (us!) by stealth to be more tolerant to their sentient creations, in some sort of metaphysical rapproachment. :D

OBSCVRVM PER OBSCVRIVS ET IGNOTVM PER IGNOTIVS

ingsoc.gif

OPVS ARTIFICEM PROBAT

One theory I've seen floating about is that everyone is a Cylon. Humans build cylons, cylons rebel, cylons wipe out humans, cylons eventually forget what they are and consider themselves human, humans build cylons, rinse and repeat. One explanation for the whole "this has all happened before" deal.

Perhaps both cylons and humans will get to earth and find a people that know full well what they are, everyone realise they are the same, and they all live happily ever after.

One theory I've seen floating about is that everyone is a Cylon. Humans build cylons, cylons rebel, cylons wipe out humans, cylons eventually forget what they are and consider themselves human, humans build cylons, rinse and repeat. One explanation for the whole "this has all happened before" deal.

interesting idea, but it feels off, could be somethign to it tho

BTW, anyone wanna bet that Adama's dead son is a cylon or comes back some how?

interesting idea, but it feels off, could be somethign to it tho

BTW, anyone wanna bet that Adama's dead son is a cylon or comes back some how?

That would make things for Starbuck way too messed up!

I dont think Adamas dead son comes back.

• 2 weeks later...

This show is so dropping in appreciation for me. I had more fun watching a rerun of Doctor Who than last sunday's BSG.

One would think that more background on Zeus Adama would make for a great epiosde but man was that boring.

Was he projecting like a Cylon? Was his wife a Cylon? Unless his kids are hybrids and Hera is NOT the first of a new race making the entire series fall apart completely, than no. So why the "Head Wife"?

Did they avoid an actual flashback to cut down on Lost comparisons? Useless filler episode when more detail on the upcoming trial of Baltar would've made much more compelling storytelling.

What the frak is happening with this show?

And Heroes is moving to sunday nights?! Bye bye ratings!

I'm very sad. :'(

This show is so dropping in appreciation for me. I had more fun watching a rerun of Doctor Who than last sunday's BSG.

One would think that more background on Zeus Adama would make for a great epiosde but man was that boring.

Was he projecting like a Cylon? Was his wife a Cylon? Unless his kids are hybrids and Hera is NOT the first of a new race making the entire series fall apart completely, than no. So why the "Head Wife"?

Did they avoid an actual flashback to cut down on Lost comparisons? Useless filler episode when more detail on the upcoming trial of Baltar would've made much more compelling storytelling.

What the frak is happening with this show?

And Heroes is moving to sunday nights?! Bye bye ratings!

I'm very sad. :'(

I agree that that was a boring, confusing episode. The airlock thing was ok but obvious pad material.

Thing is, filler episodes are fine, but that is when you have guest stars and use the 2nd rank characters like Kat.

I agree that they need to introduce another batch of foil characters.

Of course, Baltar's trial could be really interesting but, thing is, today's audiences want interesting episodes every time

and are not just going to wait for the writers to develop the main story.

I remember reading on Ron Moore's blog that he had considered having actual marine characters and having story arcs

that focus on them. That might be good. Also, having other combat ships in the fleet (for instance, Heavy Cruisers) might

be good. That way, you can move people around and still have some plausibility to it.