The Battlestar Galactica Thread

astr0creep

This season is just too back to the way it was. The end of season 2 showed dramatic changes and they've almost all been completely reversed.

"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."

They're also focusing too much on the same characters.

The first two seasons everything was a team effort and we could see everyone evolving. In almost every episode there was time for all the characters to develop a bit.

These days it's Starbuck this and Starbuck that.

I like Starbuck but I like the ensemble better.

Still, season 3 had some very good moments so far.

He doesn't buy pirated stuff and it wasn't mising a DVD. I think he said it was a "2.0", but it had all but those last two episodes, which apparently come with "2.5". I thought it was strange, because I have only one DVD title to choose from here in the UK. :cat:

OBSCVRVM PER OBSCVRIVS ET IGNOTVM PER IGNOTIVS

ingsoc.gif

OPVS ARTIFICEM PROBAT

He doesn't buy pirated stuff and it wasn't mising a DVD. I think he said it was a "2.0", but it had all but those last two episodes, which apparently come with "2.5". I thought it was strange, because I have only one DVD title to choose from here in the UK. :ermm:

When I mentioned a pirated version I was thinking more of him possibly being ripped off. The region 4 DVD set definitely has all the episodes (including the extended Pegasus episode).

The episode where

Baltar

wakes up at

his desk, one year later

, is the last episode, right? :(

He doesn't buy pirated stuff and it wasn't mising a DVD. I think he said it was a "2.0", but it had all but those last two episodes, which apparently come with "2.5". I thought it was strange, because I have only one DVD title to choose from here in the UK. :ermm:

When I mentioned a pirated version I was thinking more of him possibly being ripped off. The region 4 DVD set definitely has all the episodes (including the extended Pegasus episode).

The episode where

Baltar

wakes up at

his desk, one year later

, is the last episode, right? :aiee:

That's the last one I have, so I hope so! (And what a presidency that looks to have been!)

OBSCVRVM PER OBSCVRIVS ET IGNOTVM PER IGNOTIVS

ingsoc.gif

OPVS ARTIFICEM PROBAT

Love the show, but a few little details kind of irk me. For example, I wonder if we're ever going to get a full explanation behind Baltar's "Inner Six" and Caprica Six's "Inner Baltar". The whole "I'm an Angel sent by God to help you." thing is getting kind of lame. <_<

Speaking of which, why doesn't Caprica Six experience more of her own Baltar hallucinations/visions/whatever? From what was shown in "Downloaded" I was under the impression that pseudo-Baltar was subtly manipulating her into helping the humans i.e. the opposite of what Baltar's Inner Six is doing to him, yet we never saw her halucinate again after that episode.

He doesn't buy pirated stuff and it wasn't mising a DVD. I think he said it was a "2.0", but it had all but those last two episodes, which apparently come with "2.5". I thought it was strange, because I have only one DVD title to choose from here in the UK. :)

US release of 2.0 on DVD came out before 2.5 even aired. The series was aired in two seperate parts, so they released the DVDs as soon as they could (at double the price compared to what you brits had to pay)

Strange episode that was.

Pacing was all over the place, they could've made an entire episode from the pre-credits.

Why did Cavil suddenly agree to pull out the troops when he was so eager to kill all humans not one episode before.

Also, I just want to say that I'm never going to the official BSG forums again as this episode was completely spoiled from speculations in those threads.

It ruined it for me.

Hmmm...

Who was it that the woman saw and appologized to? Which of the humans has she wronged previously?

Anders?

Wow that was a really good episode... :rolleyes:

Dialouge was great - a real epic feel to it! seemed like the beginning of whole new story arc/branch in BSG..

the backtracking to Starbucks paintings were pretty cool - since it starts the speculations of her being a Cylon again.. and I can't really remember who Nr 3 (D'Anna Biers) wronged - well all humans in fact - but in particular.. I have to dig up my DVD collection to watch the episodes with her again to see).. And now the Fleet has Balthar again! that's gonna be interesting..

Fortune favors the bald.

When did that happen? I thought it must have been

Starbuck

She tried to kill Anders back on Caprica after he blew up the cafe

:p

She also tortured Bulldog for a looong time

and Batlhar..

No, Baltar is not a Cylon. The point of the character is that he is so unbelievably human.

Some evidence seem to suggest this though. Like Six having visions of him or how he survived his home razed by a nuclear blast. I think it's all smoke screens to keep us speculating and watching the show.

Nothing more.

:p

She also tortured Bulldog for a looong time

and Batlhar..

No, Baltar is not a Cylon. The point of the character is that he is so unbelievably human.

Some evidence seem to suggest this though. Like Six having visions of him or how he survived his home razed by a nuclear blast. I think it's all smoke screens to keep us speculating and watching the show.

Nothing more.

Never said he was a Cylon.. just said that

number 3 also tortured him

- And I don't think he is either.. much like you point out I believe he's too important as a human character - besides it would be a too obvious plot twist if he was.. ^_^

Fortune favors the bald.

Yes, the only resolution to the Balthar-cylon thingy is him figuring out that he is just a normal human.

Wasnt number 3 on the Galactica as a reporter in Season 1? Maybe it was someone that she wronged then, not back in the planet?

It could even be someone we haven't seen yet.

There's a flashback episode coming, an Adama-centric episode where we meet his ex-wife and young Zack & Lee. There is also a Kara-centric flashback episode in which we meet her abusive mother.

Flashback episodes? I hope this show doesnt turn into Lost, because Lost is turning into crap.

I suppose they need to delay the finding of Earth for as long as they can.

I don't want to spoil anything but that is from posts I've read on the official forum.

Isn't Lost over now(it's been so frakkin' loooong!)? :D