The Battlestar Galactica Thread

astr0creep

Thats just a small detail anyway.

I'm much more interested in the reversal concerning the baby Hera.

Now the Humans believe she is dead when in fact she will be raised by Cylons, unless Baltar does something.

Baltar's fate is another interesting turn of events. He will now be living with the Cylons, presumably on a Basestar.

Wow.

This last one was a great episode as well. Much more dramatic and very interesting.

I felt Roslin getting her job back so soon was kind of strange and I wonder if her giving Zarek the Vice-Presidency is not doing the same mistake again but heh, only time will tell.

I'm glad Jammer is dead. Never liked him.

Gaeta and Starbuck are becoming even more interesting.

The way it is now, it's like BSG is restarting from scratch. I love this show. (w00t)

I missed an episode or two...or maybe three. Comment about past events:

I'm glad that guy's wife is dead, she always annoyed me. So was she the big 'death' of the season, or do you think it's still someone else?

Jammer I barely knew, so don't care.

Tho it seems to me that they could've figured out a more humane way to kill people - like shoot them - before sucking them out into space to suffocate. That whole plotline didn't endear me to those characters - tho the revenge vs. justice theme is always interesting.

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

I felt Roslin getting her job back so soon was kind of strange and I wonder if her giving Zarek the Vice-Presidency is not doing the same mistake again but heh, only time will tell.

Crappy too.

She basically stole the presidency twice.

"He's doing you a favor. You need the support of the military"

She irks me.

Tell me something Astro, where are you getting Sci-fi channel from?

It's on Space here. A cable station. Why do you ask?

I know it's on Space, but it just seems like you keep finding ways to see it before it airs on Space here. :)

Sometimes I do, sometimes I don't. Depends on the availability of time mostly and on how eager I am to see it.

Sometimes I do, sometimes I don't. Depends on the availability of time mostly and on how eager I am to see it.

There is only a 24 hour time difference between when it airs on Sci-fi and when it airs on Space. Are you telling me that you can't wait that long? :huh:

Yup. The show is that good. :D

Ok, just finished Season Two.

It really is developing into a soap space opera, with both small episodic plots that fit snugly into the over-arching one(s).

I particularly like

the fact the Pegasus hasn't been destroyed (yet?) as it was in the original series, I liked the Admiral Kane character and her story, the story with sympathetic vibrations with current affairs about the abuse of prisoners and even the definition of love by the Cylon, that forsook the ethereal faith in gods and counselled the embracing of the love of colleagues, insted. I like the character interplay between the Adamas and the Presidents, and the grey morality of the extremities of both Cylon and human societies.

But I hate you all because now I want to watch the next Season, which isn't out for months. :-

OBSCVRVM PER OBSCVRIVS ET IGNOTVM PER IGNOTIVS

ingsoc.gif

OPVS ARTIFICEM PROBAT

It really is developing into a soap space opera, with both small episodic plots that fit snugly into the over-arching one(s).

I particularly like

the fact the Pegasus hasn't been destroyed (yet?) as it was in the original series, I liked the Admiral Kane character and her story, the story with sympathetic vibrations with current affairs about the abuse of prisoners and even the definition of love by the Cylon, that forsook the ethereal faith in gods and counselled the embracing of the love of colleagues, insted. I like the character interplay between the Adamas and the Presidents, and the grey morality of the extremities of both Cylon and human societies.

But I hate you all because now I want to watch the next Season, which isn't out for months. :huh:

You can get all the episodes, up to date, from iTunes every week. Plus there are other ways... apparently.

Oh and by the 6th episode of Season 3, Pegasus has gone bye bye. In what I believe is the best episode of the entire series so far.

:D

Yeah, I have to say that I like it to. However, I wouldn't mind if they occasionally had more focused, tactical episodes and did not always try to tie it together (i.e. a 3-episode arc in which you only see the landing party and do not see Galactica).

But, all-in-all, I like what they are doing. The main story is strong enough to keep this from being an out-and-out soap.

Oh and by the 6th episode of Season 3, Pegasus has gone bye bye. In what I believe is the best episode of the entire series so far.

You meant the 4th episode right? The 6th one hasn't aired yet. :thumbsup:

Actually I mean #5. The first 2 hour episode counts as 2, named "Occupation" and "Precipice".

Still, I was right in saying that by Ep#6, Pegasus is no more.

:rolleyes:

You are right that the two hour premiere counts as two, but the episode in question is still #4. Occupation, Precipice, Exodus Pt. 1 and Exodus Pt. 2. :rolleyes:

I didn't want to mention the episode to avoid the spoiler.

As strange as this may sound(read) coming from me. :D

I like Cylon hybrids - and I like the whole Cylon sub-plot. In fact, even with my general dislike of Baltair (sp?) I like it a lot more than all the human psych-tragi-drama on the Galactica right now. :lol:

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

I particularly like

But I hate you all because now I want to watch the next Season, which isn't out for months. =]

You can get all the episodes, up to date, from iTunes every week. Plus there are other ways... apparently.

It truly was. Seeing the digital effects of the Pegasus taking a beating, then being blown into smithereens was awesome. :thumbsup:

If money is the root of all evil.....why is the world not destroyed?

I like Cylon hybrids - and I like the whole Cylon sub-plot. In fact, even with my general dislike of Baltair (sp?) I like it a lot more than all the human psych-tragi-drama on the Galactica right now.  >_<

Are the Cylon-Hybrids considered Biocylon models?

I thought it was very interesting that the Final Five models seem to be unknown by anyone, even the Biocylons themselves, or at least such a secret.

Maybe they are unresurectable, unique models.

I would like it if Tigh would start to get visions of Ellen like Baltar has visions of Six.

This was a great episode despite the slower pacing. Cylon life makes for great tv :D

I would not like it if Tigh got visions of Ellen since those kooky visions that Baltar (and #6) has are one of the more annoying elements on the show in my opinion.

Ellen might have been a cylon, though; remember episode nine of the first season, where Ellen was first introduced? At the end, Baltar's own little personal imaginary cylon babe asked him what the test really showed, and he replied something like "I'll never tell." As someone suggested these models may be unique, but why would they waste a model like they did Ellen in that case? Then, on the other hand, why would they imply that Ellen was a cylon and leave it dangling at that?

There's obviously going to be more plot twists with cylon revelations up ahead, so what usual suspects do we have? Starbuck? Gaeta? Dualla?

Starbuck would the obvious let-down. They'd have to come up with a really good explanation. *scratches off list*

Gaeta. Well now there's a thought. Some friends of mine have argued that he has no real connections to anyone and remains a bit of a loner. Having had his reputation redeemed following those collaboration accusations (I hated that witch hunt and it made me sick seeing what Starbuck had become - good television, though), he's the perfect guy to bring out of the closet now that people will be less prone to expect it.

Dualla had some bad business with Roslin's pet Billy, which obiviously shouldn't go unpunished. She might be a cylon agent.

I'm just thinking that maybe the other five cylon models can age and stuff like that, which would make virtually anyone a possible cylon, including the Adamas and others. Can't wait to see. :thumbsup:

^Yes, that is a good observation, Checkpoint. /God

Tigh may have a guilt complex going but lets not turn him into another Baltar that hallucinates the past women in their lives.

I must have missed something in one of the epsiodes but Starbuck has a nasty attitude of late until Adama straighten her out on last weeks episode. She's one of the last people I would have thought that would talk trash about the military.

War is Peace, Freedom is Slavery, Ignorance is Strength

Baldur's Gate modding
TeamBG
Baldur's Gate modder/community leader
Baldur's Gate - Enhanced Edition beta tester
Baldur's Gate 2 - Enhanced Edition beta tester

Icewind Dale - Enhanced Edition beta tester

*snip*

I'm just thinking that maybe the other five cylon models can age and stuff like that, which would make virtually anyone a possible cylon, including the Adamas and others. Can't wait to see. :)

Hmm, since they have already played the "anyone-could-be-a-cylon" card I don

This post is not to be enjoyed, discussed, or referenced on company time.