The Battlestar Galactica Thread

astr0creep

This show is so frakkin' good, it deserves it's own thread.

What do you think of the show, what are you expecting in the coming episodes, what moved you the most so far, comparisons to the 1980 series, favorite characters, anything about it, post it here!

I shed a tear when they removed the vale off the Blackbird in ''Flight of the Pheonix''

And I think Starbuck is pregnant with Baltar's child.

Best show on television!!!

Oh and yes, I searched before I threaded.

Edited by astr0creep

Good tv show. I can only watch it when it comes on DVD, my area doesn't get the sci-fi channel. :blink:

War is Peace, Freedom is Slavery, Ignorance is Strength

Baldur's Gate modding
TeamBG
Baldur's Gate modder/community leader
Baldur's Gate - Enhanced Edition beta tester
Baldur's Gate 2 - Enhanced Edition beta tester

Icewind Dale - Enhanced Edition beta tester

BSG is good all around. When Ron Moore left Star Trek, he took the quality that made DS9 interesting with him, it seems. So far the whole thing has been very well done plotwise.

Of course, you have wonderful actors in some important roles. I actually think it's quite a scoop that they got Edward James Olmos to be the new Adama. He didn't seem right to me when I first heard he had the role, but I must admit that he does a brilliant job. I also love how deep he really is, which naturally is the foundation for the dissent between him and Cain in the recent Pegasus arc. The fact that he too plots against her is nail-bitingly scary.

And Jim Callis is brilliant as Baltar - so much more interesting than the incredibly stereotypical Baltar of the original show. Baltar is still a traitor, but he's not really an enemy - he's just willing to betray the others to save his own neck. My biggest fear recently has been that he would be president if Roslyn died.

Then there are the visual effects, of course. It's easy (though expensive) fodder for the fans, but boy are there many ships on screen during the fights!

I also think the music does much for this show, since it's quite different to most we've heard before. The fights are underscored by solo drums, while Baltar's hallucinations have their own distinctive music.

I say that the series is good and I find it incredibly funny that Richard Hatch (the origional Apollo) is the criminal idologist on the prison barge.

Victor of the 5 year fan fic competition!

Kevin Butler will awesome your face off.

Of course Starbuck was a guy!! He was Face from The A-Team.

yep yep.. the original was good, but the remake of it is alot better.. to me its not like a tv series you would normally watch.. its almost like watching a movie each week.. :D very well done.. I hope the star wars tv series they are talking about doing, is as good...

It was a plesant surprise the first time I watched it and I have enjoyed the second season as well.. The character development is done very well. Each of the characters have their own issues amongst the bigger issue (war , and the possible extinction of the human race)

Lots of suprises to finding out who will be the next cylon etc..

It is so refreshing to see strong women in leading roles.

Lou Gutman, P.I.- It's like I'm not even trying anymore!
http://theatomicdanger.iforumer.com/index....theatomicdanger

One billion b-balls dribbling simultaneously throughout the galaxy. One trillion b-balls being slam dunked through a hoop throughout the galaxy. I can feel every single b-ball that has ever existed at my fingertips. I can feel their collective knowledge channeling through my viens. Every jumpshot, every rebound and three-pointer, every layup, dunk, and free throw. I am there.

I guess I'm just making fun of people who say stuff like that.

One billion b-balls dribbling simultaneously throughout the galaxy. One trillion b-balls being slam dunked through a hoop throughout the galaxy. I can feel every single b-ball that has ever existed at my fingertips. I can feel their collective knowledge channeling through my viens. Every jumpshot, every rebound and three-pointer, every layup, dunk, and free throw. I am there.

Also, I like to get down to business watching women in leading roles.

When I first saw that, I thought it said pope dancing.

Haw, haw, haw.

Pope dancing...

I'm so topical.