Love Interests

Hello, I am a gamer that loves to play rpgs with romantic elements in it for it makes the game much more enjoyable. Anyway, my question is there any love interests for your char in the game? If so, who could be your possible love interest. I thought Atton could be a girl char's love interest, but sometimes I wonder about that.

Oh! Another question of mine is if there are love interests, does the ending kind of correspond to who your character is in love with? It was kind of crappy in KotOR I when I spent all that time to just have them appear beside me. I mean, c'mon Bioware could have done better! :shifty: Sorry for taking up your guys' time^^.

Yes. There are love-interest, but they are worked out VERY badly.

They include (for males)

Visas: Least worked out romance... and most likely to be happening (and excluding the more interesting one <_< )

Handmaiden: Not comparable at all with Bastila, but loads better than Visas'. Due to how easy it is to seduce Visas (without even knowing) this one might be hard to form though, which is a shame

(for females)

Disciple and Atton; both very unnoticing it is actually a love-interest... Most parts that should point out that they are in love with the PC are cut...

And about the resolution;

Only in Handmaiden's case there is some extra for you when having a relation, the other just die a quick dead.

And about "ending"... Kotor2 doesn't have an ending, so no, there won't be a "fullfilling" end with your interest.

Oh! Another question of mine is if there are love interests, does the ending kind of correspond to who your character is in love with? It was kind of crappy in KotOR I when I spent all that time to just have them appear beside me. I mean, c'mon Bioware could have done better!  :ermm: Sorry for taking up your guys' time^^.

Don't worry about taking up time, if we are here, then we obviously have time to be taken up.

As for your post, i also enjoy romance in crpg's, however, Kotor2 doesn't fully deliver on this. It does somewhat, but in the end, like battlecookie said, it isn't "fullfilling".

And even though Visas is the least developed love-interest, she's still my favourite :( ... :(

I don't think that was in it at all actually Sargeras. Mira tells the Exile that he's too old for her. There's a whole conversation with her.

Exile: "Come on, I can't be that bad. Give me a chance."

Mira: "Are you sure you're a Jedi? That exile of yours must have gone on longer than I thought.

Look, you're way too old for me. Even if I were interested, you couldn't handle me anyway.

I mean, you're really good in a fight. And you've got those intense eyes, and it's obvious you take care of your body, but I really don't have the luxury of getting attached to you.

Besides, you already have your little entourage. I don't want to be a part of the pack, you know?" (referring to Handmaiden and Visas)

Exile: "No, I don't."

Mira: "{Sing-song, as if she's said the same thing a hundred times} Look, if we start sharing a bunk, the other girls would get upset, and then I'd have to kick the hell out of them to show them who's the pack leader around here. No thanks.

{Pats the player on the cheek} You're sweet, old guy. But let's keep it professional."

Sorry.

For male LS exile:

Handmaiden - most of her feelings are mentioned in a conversation with Visa, and implied by Mira. Kreia comments about Handmaiden "totally surrending" to the exile. Near the end Handmaiden declares her name and that she will follow the exile. In a fixed conversation with Atton, Atton notes that the Handmaidens training with the exile is a bit more than just training. Later the Handmaiden states she doesn't want to do futher battles, apparently tyring to control her feelings.

Visas - near the end of the game, Visas states she wants to experience what the Handmaiden experiences when with the exile. Then the dialog includes a "lets look at each other" which transitions into a seen where they both look at each other through the force (Jedi lovemaking?). Visas is the only female that Kreia mentions that the exile should not mate with, concerned about the offspring (probably strong in the force).

Mira - As already posted, doesn't want to share a bunk with the other 2 females. Mira is the only one to show up at Malachor V to help the exile, but then the rest of that part is cut out. Apparently Handmaiden and Visas would be there also, but those parts got cut out as well.

There's also a few little hints in the gameplay. On Nar Shaddaa, Handmaiden shifts uncomfortably when I take an interest in the bounty hunters called the Twin Suns. I was also going through old dialogue about her mother after I had made her a Jedi when I came across some new things, hinting that her mother must have been beautiful based on her face. It ended with her saying "Together, then", after we had agreed to fight evil side by side.

Before leaving to fight Darth Nihilus, if you chose the dialogue option "Stay close to me" she'll say, "I would have it no other way."

There's also a couple cutscenes where they quietly fight over you.

So, little things like that.

Edited by indarkestday

The lack of romance in Kotor 2 was a shame - I always enjoy it, too. I was surprised how much I liked the (not terribly believable) romances in Hordes of the Underdark, but perhaps the disappointment of Kotor 2 has made me less choosy, and Bioware seems to be doing better.

"An electric puddle is not what I need right now." (Nina Kalenkov)

Am I doing something wrong with Atton? LoL. He never really has anything new to say, I got him to be a Jedi and done almost all of the Influence options. Am I still on the right track? Just curious since the romance with Atton is kinda..up in the air. Sometimes he acts like he cares for my character.. Someone please help^^

Am I doing something wrong with Atton? LoL. He never really has anything new to say, I got him to be a Jedi and done almost all of the Influence options. Am I still on the right track? Just curious since the romance with Atton is kinda..up in the air. Sometimes he acts like he cares for my character.. Someone please help^^

It is, potentially, the beginning stages of a romance. Atton is certainly pretty smitten with you, and it's up to your own role-playing vision of your character to determine whether she reciprocates. However, the relationship will not be taken further in the game itself - there are no conversations or cut-scenes where you declare your love for each other. Any development of the relationship comes after the events of the game, and for that, you need to rely on fanfic or your own imagination. :wub:

"An electric puddle is not what I need right now." (Nina Kalenkov)

Getting back to LS male exile, initially the only one he shows interest in is Mira, with his "I want t get to know you better ... more intimate" dialog.

Handmaiden's feelings are more implied by her actions than her words. Although she does mention that she doesn't want to continue doing battles, so apparently she's trying to control her feelings.

Mira just doesn't seem interested, so she lets the Exile down gently.

Visas is the only one who's dialog mentions her feelings. She's the only one that Kreia mentions "mating with", and they share that moment looking at each other through the force, so maybe the Exile feelings have grown with Visas, especially after that force look bonding scene.

Which IMHO is another reason for K2 favoring the LSM Exile - there are simply more romance options to discover.

I find Visas is somehow more of a romantic attachment than Handmaiden, but then it might just be because I like spiting Kreia - how dare she tell me who I can and cannot get close to? And the veil makes Visas seem rather mysterious somehow.

But then I'm also uncertain about where Handmaiden's feelings come from, and she seems to be so herself. It feels more like she is trying to understand her father's choice than embracing the Exile out of genuine romantic interest. Note how she mentions that she sees in the Exile something she has been searching for all her life and want to know how her mother felt, when she stood next to Yusanis. That doesn't suggest true love to me, though I can't fault her for it, since she doesn't seem to be aware of it herself.

t is, potentially, the beginning stages of a romance. Atton is certainly pretty smitten with you, and it's up to your own role-playing vision of your character to determine whether she reciprocates. However, the relationship will not be taken further in the game itself - there are no conversations or cut-scenes where you declare your love for each other. Any development of the relationship comes after the events of the game, and for that, you need to rely on fanfic or your own imagination. original.gif

The first time I played through the game I got a cutscene where Atton asked Bao-Dur about me and asked him whether he thought I would go for him or not. Bao-Dur just kind of laughs at him, but I thought it was really sweet.

I would love a romance with Bao-Dur, though. Any guy that calls me "general" all the time... :rolleyes:

Man I just got finished. Was so disappointed when Kreia told me that the Disciple loves me, and Atton does love me but they both know he is too much of a fool to have someone like me. I was like, "No you are not too much of a fool Atton!" LoL.

Oh and definitely Bao-Dur and you should be able to fall in love. I bet a human + irodorian might look crazy though xD.

Edited by Phaedra36

Oh and definitely Bao-Dur and you should be able to fall in love. I bet a human + irodorian might look crazy though xD.

icon8.gif

But looking back, it makes me sad that the game was so unfinished. it could've been a lot better with some tweaks to the romance plot.

Edited by Blank

Man I just got finished. Was so disappointed when Kreia told me that the Disciple loves me, and Atton does love me but they both know he is too much of a fool to have someone like me. I was like, "No you are not too much of a fool Atton!" LoL.

Bao-dur is awesome! :)