NWN2 is absolutely PC exclusive?

Blank

I don't have a nice rig to run pretty games. however, i was planning on purchasing a 360. in light of this, i was wondering how hard it would be to take NWN2 and port it to a console. i don't want this process to start now of course, but eventually, like after the game is out for pc, it would be nice. maybe upgrades/mods could come through xbox live and you can put it on your 360 harddrive? i don't know, but i wish :devil:

The toolset might be a bit hard to implement. Has anyone tried something as ambitious for a console title yet?

Fionavar's Holliday Wishes to all members of our online community:  Happy Holidays

Join the revelry at the Obsidian Plays channel:
Obsidian Plays

Remembering tarna, Phosphor, Metadigital, and Visceris.  Drink mead heartily in the halls of Valhalla, my friends!

I think that reimplementing/dumping Microsoft .NET-based toolset and overhauling UI aimed for PC users (F1-12 quickslots, mouse) is too much of an effort.

Plus, NWN2 is targeted towards PC gamers.

But, anyway, why should you have a 'nice' rig to run NWN2? By the time NWN2 is out you will be able to get a decent videocard cheaper, you don't have to have the latest hardware if resolution under 1600x1200 doesn't drive you crazy.

DX2 was made for PC and console on the same time. Didn't help either version...

With DX1; well, the result wasn't really that great...

And the main point of NWN (Online play with Dungeon Masters and such) doesn't looks like it is really possible to do with the limited online capabilities of the current consoles (for the setup), or with a controller (for the actual playing)...

And the main point of NWN (Online play with Dungeon Masters and such) doesn't looks like it is really possible to do with the limited online capabilities of the current consoles (for the setup), or with a controller (for the actual playing)...

I'm pretty sure the main point of NWN is its single player, as Bioware themselves stated that the majority of the people that played NWN only played the OC. It was all part of their explanation of why Hordes of the Underdark did not officially support multiplayer.

In Bioware's case it was too little too late.  They had a huge SP community with BG and BG 2 and they turned their backs on us with NWN and only gave lip service with one expansion.

They still have a huge single player community. Quite a few of the more popular mods available are single player, as well as the two expansions. Although I did hear many developers lose sleep over incuring Hades wrath.

Sarcasm in this is not appreciated. Mods are just mods, Hurlshot and we are not talking about mods. We are talking about the base game. If you want to talk about mods make a new thread.

In any case I doubt a port over to X Box 360 will happen. If they aren't going to make Linux or Mac versions i doubt they will make a version for a console.

In Bioware's case it was too little too late.  They had a huge SP community with BG and BG 2 and they turned their backs on us with NWN and only gave lip service with one expansion.

They still have a huge single player community. Quite a few of the more popular mods available are single player, as well as the two expansions. Although I did hear many developers lose sleep over incuring Hades wrath.

Oh God! Defend us agains the arrows of the Huns ,and the wrath of Judge Hades :rolleyes:

IB1OsQq.png

I'm pretty sure the main point of NWN is its single player, as Bioware themselves stated that the majority of the people that played NWN only played the OC.  It was all part of their explanation of why Hordes of the Underdark did not officially support multiplayer.

How sad. You buy an "not that great" game, and then you only use the worst parts of it... :rolleyes:

Ah well, consumer "Intelligence" it seems...

EDIT; No, the *you* is not aimed to Alanschu, but to any random person buying NWN

Edited by Battlewookiee

If you have ever seen xbox live, then you would see that it isn't quite as limited as you think. As for the controller, i am willing to purchase a cheap usb keyboard.

I guess since i am getting a new rig in a year or so that buying a base video card for just the game would work, thanks Diamond.

So are there actually any NWN SP mods worth playing?

Anything by Adam Miller is fantastic. :ermm: Demon and Dreamcatcher series for example.

Admin of World of Darkness Online News

News/Community site for the WoD MMORPG

http://www.wodonlinenews.net

---

Jericho sassed me so I broke into his house and stabbed him to death in his sleep. Problem solved. - J.E. Sawyer

---

"I cannot profess to be a theologian; but it seems to me that Christians who believe in a super human Satan have got themselves into a logical impasse with regard to their own religion. For either God can not prevent the mischief of Satan, in which case he is not omnipotent; or else He could do so if he wished, but will not, in which case He is not benevolent. Fortunately, being a pagan witch, I am not called upon to solve this problem."

- Doreen Valiente

---

Expecting "innovation" from Bioware is like expecting "normality" from Valve -Moatilliatta

So are there actually any NWN SP mods worth playing?

There is Tortured Hearts and that is about it for the SP only mods.

I could never get into tortured hearts. The dialogue is almost childish.

"Of course the people don't want war. But after all, it's the leaders of the country who determine the policy, and it's always a simple matter to drag the people along whether it's a democracy, a fascist dictatorship, or a parliament, or a communist dictatorship. Voice or no voice, the people can always be brought to the bidding of the leaders. That is easy. All you have to do is tell them they are being attacked, and denounce the pacifists for lack of patriotism, and exposing the country to greater danger."

- Herman Goering at the Nuremberg trials

"I have also been slowly coming to the realisation that knowledge and happiness are not necessarily coincident, and quite often mutually exclusive" - meta

I suggest you send harrassing messages to Microsoft and Obsidian in the hopes that they'll listen and make a 360 port.

This is typical ignorance on this topic. Obsidian has NOTHING to do with ports. Thats 100% in Atari's hands. Emailing MS or Obsid on the topic is futile.

http://www.nwn2news.net/modules/news/article.php?storyid=563

With that said they have stated no console port for nwn2.

Admin of World of Darkness Online News

News/Community site for the WoD MMORPG

http://www.wodonlinenews.net

---

Jericho sassed me so I broke into his house and stabbed him to death in his sleep. Problem solved. - J.E. Sawyer

---

"I cannot profess to be a theologian; but it seems to me that Christians who believe in a super human Satan have got themselves into a logical impasse with regard to their own religion. For either God can not prevent the mischief of Satan, in which case he is not omnipotent; or else He could do so if he wished, but will not, in which case He is not benevolent. Fortunately, being a pagan witch, I am not called upon to solve this problem."

- Doreen Valiente

---

Expecting "innovation" from Bioware is like expecting "normality" from Valve -Moatilliatta