Bethesda + Their Games

Llyranor

So, how is that Call of Cthulu game?  Any good?

It's good but very bugged right now. I would wait to see if Bethsoft will release a PC version instead. I have to admit that it is really creepy with quite a good deal of respect towards the source material.

Edited by Berserk

So, how is that Call of Cthulu game?  Any good?

It's good but very bugged right now. I would wait to see if Bethsoft will release a PC version instead. I have to admit that it is really creepy with quite a good deal of respect towards the source material.

If they release a PC version I am so getting it :thumbsup:

I wouldn't take anything ShadowStrider says as any indication of what FO3 may or may not be. I doubt he'd risk revealing stuff he shouldn't.

No, I wouldn't. If any of my bosses read this and thought I was, I'd probably resign because I would feel guilty.

just remember: Big Brother is watching! :ph34r:

If by a very very slim chance that Fallout 3 has the following aspects I will buy it.

1:  Full use of the SPECIAL rules system, which includes true turn base combat as in Fallout 1 and 2.

2:  Full 3D environment which we the player can set the camera angle and distance where he or she wants (as in Neverwinter Nights).

3:  A Tool System.

4:  Follows at least 85% of Fallout cannon.

Just like you had sworn off PC gaming for consoles and were never coming back. Or all of your bitching about KOTOR2 (and KOTOR1) because of them forcing you down the path of the Jedi. Remember, the only reason why you even played it is because someone else bought it for you, right? You've already caved on your previous stance of demanding that it by a 2D isometric view, because that's what "Fallout is." If there's one thing I've learned on these boards, is that your word doesn't mean very much. IMO you're just a drama queen.

Edited by alanschu

Before we go on I think that we need to have a consensus of what a proper Fallout 3 should or should not have.  Now I know Gabs would be very much happy with a Fallout 3 done that it looks and plays like the first 2 Fallout CRPGs.  It is a valid desire but there is no way in hell that is going to happen.

A Proper Fallout should have key elements that makes Fallout well Fallout, but not necessarily have these elements exclusively.

1:  The Rules System.  The Rules System of Fallout 3 needs to be recognizably SPECIAL.  Now of course there will be necessary changes to update and streamline the system.  I have a few ideas how I would do it but that is neither here nor there.  For the combat aspects there needs to be a turn base mode for us old timers but I am not saying the game should be exclusively turn base.  If we have the option to toggle between Turn Base and Real Time (as presented in Fallout Tactics) that should give the reasonable old timers and the rest a good middle ground to meet on.

2:  Graphics and Style Representation.  Expecting a game in this day and age from a developer/publisher to be 2D is downright ludricrous.  That being said I would most definitely want full 3D environments that I can fully enjoy blowling up people and see blood and body parts fly all over the battlefield.  Now I would like to see a free roaming camera aka Neverwinter Nights, with a toggle that will allow first person view or lock it in over the shoulder view.  3/4 view should be an option but not the only option.

3:  NPCs.  It has to have Dogmeat and Harold in the game or its just not Fallout.

If I think of more must haves I'll post them.  :wacko:

What, no consideration to the setting.

It seems silly that people have these demands such as "must have camera style control X" and "use rule system Y" and so on, otherwise they will absolutely not be buying the game.

My preference for a game is that it must be FUN. Next up, interesting...which is related to fun. The only concern I have for cameras and controls is that they are intuitive and don't hinder the game experience.

This is because I like games, and enjoy playing fun games. If it is a fun game, I will get it.

People here are such hardliners that even if the gaming consensus agrees that Fallout 3 completely revolutionizes the games industry with phenomenal storywriting, fantastic plot, magnificent characters, with all the freedom of choice and a tight story and pull off a 1 in a million perfect game....if it doesn't use SPECIAL then you just aren't buying it.

Yeah right :thumbsup:

The setting is about the only thing important to Fallout. It's a fictional world, and a ruleset is just an abstraction that is created to handle interactions in that world.

I'd be very happy if they came up with a system that was even better than SPECIAL.

I figure setting and story would be Fallout by default. I mean Bethesda isn't that thick. Besides, Darque and Alanschu. the Fallout discussion was over so why are you two bring it up again? Kind of late to the party weren't you. :(

Also you bring up the issue of credibility. Let me clue you in on something: this is an internet forum and not real life. Who gives a smeg? I most certainly don't.

Edited by Judge Hades

Also you bring up the issue of credibility.  Let me clue you in on something:  this is an internet forum and not real life.

It very much is real life. Just because the internet provides anonimity at large and most take it as a license to being jerkwads doesn't mean everyone should follow the trend and be the same.

I figure setting and story would be Fallout by default.  I mean Bethesda isn't that thick.  Besides, Darque and Alanschu. the Fallout discussion was over so why are you two bring it up again?  Kind of late to the party weren't you.  :blink:

Also you bring up the issue of credibility.  Let me clue you in on something:  this is an internet forum and not real life.  Who gives a smeg?  I most certainly don't.

They had 'Wintersleep' :huh:

IB1OsQq.png