Bethesda + Their Games

Llyranor

Tim Cain

Feargus Urquhart

Leonard Boyarsky

T-Ray Isaac

To name some.

Name them all. Because 4 names don't make it the exact same development team.

Didn't MCA just write for FO2? So then he had no business writing because he didn't work on FO1, by your estimation?

Black Isle/Interplay were involved when both games were made. No one or the companies that were involved in the originals is a part of Fallout 3. Bethesda is doing it on their own THEIR way.

Black Isle/Interplay were involved when both games were made. No one or the companies that were involved in the originals is a part of Fallout 3.  Bethesda is doing it on their own THEIR way.

Which is a reason to be skeptical or guarded, but not to write it off before you even know what the game looks like.

"Console exclusive is such a harsh word." - Darque

"Console exclusive is two words Darque." - Nartwak (in response to Darque's observation)

"How is it "crying" when you expect and accept that a game series you like is being raped again?"

Huh? Games can forcefully made to have sex? Since when?

Guys, guys. In case you didn't notice, Volourn won the thread in like, page 3.

Fallout 3 will not be missed by me, just mocked relentlessly.

Heh. And here I thought it was a plus to know what the hell are you bashing. Silly me.

It just wouldn't be Fallout.

It will be Fallout. They paid for the license, which means it belongs to them, not to you. If they say it's Fallout, it's Fallout, and you can't do jack about it. :))

Fallout 3 will not be missed by me, just mocked relentlessly.

you know, they MIGHT just hit a home run with it.

nobody thought BioWare could create a true SW CRPG but they did.

They might, but I don't care enough about Fallout to care about Bethesda. None of the Fallout games would even make my top 10. Not enough incentive to invest into a Bethesda RPG. I wouldn't trust Peter Molyneux to make Fallout 3 either, no matter how the industry or other gamers would praise it. Different tastes. I have enough games to look forward to not need to be worked up about one from a company whose games I don't enjoy. I'd say that's fair enough. Jagged Alliance 3 doesn't mean much at this point, either.

Hadescopy.jpg

(Approved by Fio, so feel free to use it)

Black Isle/Interplay were involved when both games were made. No one or the companies that were involved in the originals is a part of Fallout 3.  Bethesda is doing it on their own THEIR way.

Which is a reason to be skeptical or guarded, but not to write it off before you even know what the game looks like.

Call me a company loyalist, or a fanatical die hard fan.

If Fallout 3, Baldur's Gate 3 is made by a company, not related to those who were involved in making the original games nor employeeing former people involved in making the original games, I give it a "no chance".

I grow tired of debating this. No way will anyone sway me to buy it any more than I can convert them to be like myself in my ideals.

I'm done talking.

Edited by Gabrielle

Call me a company loyalist, or a fanatical die hard fan.

If Fallout 3, Baldur's Gate 3 is made by a company, not related to those who were involved in making the original games nor employeeing former people involved in making the original games, I give it a "no chance".

I grow tired of debating this. No way will anyone sway be to buy it any more than I can convert them to be like myself in my ideals.

I'm done talking.

You don't have to get cranky, Gabs. :)

"Console exclusive is two words Darque." - Nartwak (in response to Darque's observation)

Like I said, I am going by the statements that Howard and Hines have already said.  By their own words they made this game unpalatable to me.

Whatevah :)

This is like someone saying they might, maybe, could, will, might package the game in a plain blue box suddenly making it not fallout because it won't have hte fallout logo on it.

You haven't seen a screenshot, nor a gameplay video, or a demo.

You have zero info to really go with.

Dev quotes are meaningless early in the dev cycle because so many things can and do change.

You're just looking for reasons to complain.

But then you wouldn't be you if you didn't. (w00t)

:)

Listen, when a developer says they want to go a certain route in a game and have the clout to do so I think it is a safe bet tis going to happen. Bethesda has the money and clout to do anything they want within one of their games.

They have a style and a style that their fans expect them to contineu in each of their in house games. I expect them to continue in that style for it is something they are comfortable with. Just because they have the Fallout license doesn't mean they are going to give up that style in which they present their games. I do not expect them to nor see it happening for Fallout 3.

I like Morrowind, and I know I will have a kick out of Oblivion, but just because I will enjoy those games and the style they are presented in doesn't mean I will automaticcaly enjoy Fallout 3 presented in the same style. It wouldn't be Fallout. I will support Bethesda as long as they make games I will like but from their style and the admission of those in charge Fallout 3 will not be a game I will spend money on.

What is Fallout? Screw Fallout, it's just the name of a dead franchise. If I were you, I'd be more open-minded and give it a try, perhaps viewing it more as a Bethesda game than as a 'Fallout game'. Indeed, if I were you, and like Bethesda games, I'd probably get Fallout 3. Only I'm not, and I don't, so I won't. My point still remains, though :)

Hadescopy.jpg

(Approved by Fio, so feel free to use it)

I guess so. :ermm:

Anyway, I feel like playing a gme but I can't figure out which one. Sick and tired of NWN. Hmmm... Maybe I should play some Fallout. Fallout online NWN style would be kind of fun. Actually if they made Fallout in the graphical representation of NWN/NWN 2 with the option of true turn base and real time, along with a full tool set that would kick ass.

Edited by Judge Hades

I guess so.  :ermm:

Anyway, I feel like playing a gme but I can't figure out which one.  Sick and tired of NWN.  Hmmm...  Maybe I should play some Fallout.  Fallout online NWN style would be kind of fun.

Try VtMB. I hear the werewolf is a killer though.

Who says you need NFL and NFLPA licensing to create a successful football gaming franchise? As a matter of fat, the gamers have pretty much demanded league backing in their pigskin titles, even the earlier days.

Lou Gutman, P.I.- It's like I'm not even trying anymore!
http://theatomicdanger.iforumer.com/index....theatomicdanger

One billion b-balls dribbling simultaneously throughout the galaxy. One trillion b-balls being slam dunked through a hoop throughout the galaxy. I can feel every single b-ball that has ever existed at my fingertips. I can feel their collective knowledge channeling through my viens. Every jumpshot, every rebound and three-pointer, every layup, dunk, and free throw. I am there.