which teachings lead to true strength?

which of the Sith and Jedi teachings will lead to true strength?  

90 members have voted

1. 1. which of the Sith and Jedi teachings will lead to true strength?

• The Teachings of the Jedi
    • The Teachings of the Sith
    • The Teachings of neither

Undoubtedly the LS. When a true lightsider clashes with a true darksider on equal grounds, LS will win every time. If you disagree I won't try to change your mind, A man convinced against his will is of the same opinion still. But if you want to fight about it, ask Yoda what he thinks.

Edited by Benjamin Korr

"The dimmest light can shatter the darkest night, and the light I carry is in no way dim."

benjamin1kn.jpg

I'm too lazy to go back and look it up, but someone mentioned how they would use their darkside powers to carve out a little chunk of the galaxy for themselves, and then sit back and rule that, studying the darkside and growing more powerful.

This shows where the darkside fails. As an example, I'll use Anakin/Darth in episode 3. Haunted by visions of Padme's death, he believed Palpatine knew of a way to save her life and would teach it to him if Anakin became his apprentice. At first, this was his only reason to "use" the dark side. As the film progressed, we see Anakin going further and further down the dark path, and then, in his last conversation with Padme, instead of being remorseful and saying things like, "I only wanted to save you," and running away from it all when she suggested it -- as he should have done if she was truly all he cared about -- Anakin instead starts talking about how they could rule the galaxy, make the changes they want, bring order and peace blah blah blah and how no one was powerful enough to stop him.

Anakin became greedy and ambitious, which is what I believe will happen to the poster above as well. After carving out a chunk of the galaxy, pretty soon this person will think, "hey that chunk of the galaxy over there looks pretty good. I want it." And in their mind they will be doing the "right" thing when in fact all they are doing is destroying greed and inhibiting growth to feed their own ambition. IMHO, this is the nature of all Sith and the overall effect of the corruption of the darkside.

I took this job because I thought you were just a legend. Just a story. A story to scare little kids. But you're the real deal. The demon who dares to challenge God.

So what the hell do you want? Don't seem to me like you're out to make this stinkin' world a better place. Why you gotta kill all my men? Why you gotta kill me?

Nothing personal. It's just revenge.

The Jedi are always slow and hesitant, letting far more suffer than should. The Sith usually are the ones causing the suffering. Make no mistake, I want nothing to do with either beyond what I may have to, but for me it would break like this:

You hurt the innocent, I hurt you. You refuse to act to save the innocent, I would step in, help them, then remind you rather pointedly that that was SUPPOSED to be your job. I would prod the Jedi to act, and dare the Sith to do something stupid in my presence. I am grey, fear my rashness, repsect my strength, I don't care. Just don't screw with those that don't deserve it, or play righteous with me when I'll get in there and help those suffering, and you won't. My patience with either of you is low.

And shepherds we shall be,

for Thee, my Lord, for Thee.

Power hath descended forth from Thy hand,

that our feet may swiftly carry out Thy command.

So we shall flow a river forth unto Thee,

and teeming with souls shall it ever be,

In Nomine Patris, et Fili, et Spiritus Sancti.

^ I dunno, I think Yoda and Obi-Wan embody the light-side of the force this way. They take the longer view of things and see that sometimes not acting is the best course of action. Not to say that they are infallible, but, again as an example, they could have regrouped and gone after Palpatine again right away, and perhaps defeated him, but then who knows what would happen. Instead they chose to disappear and to wait 17 years or so, until Luke and Leia matured, and in the meantime let the galaxy be ruled by Palpatine and Vader. And during those 17 or so years, the rebellion was seeded and was ultimately victorious. Remember also how they cautioned Luke not to rush off into a premature encounter with Vader. Luke ended up failing to save Han, and almost died himself in the process.

I took this job because I thought you were just a legend. Just a story. A story to scare little kids. But you're the real deal. The demon who dares to challenge God.

So what the hell do you want? Don't seem to me like you're out to make this stinkin' world a better place. Why you gotta kill all my men? Why you gotta kill me?

Nothing personal. It's just revenge.

^ I dunno, I think Yoda and Obi-Wan embody the light-side of the force this way. They take the longer view of things and see that sometimes not acting is the best course of action. Not to say that they are infallible, but, again as an example, they could have regrouped and gone after Palpatine again right away, and perhaps defeated him, but then who knows what would happen. Instead they chose to disappear and to wait 17 years or so, until Luke and Leia matured, and in the meantime let the galaxy be ruled by Palpatine and Vader. And during those 17 or so years, the rebellion was seeded and was ultimately victorious. Remember also how they cautioned Luke not to rush off into a premature encounter with Vader. Luke ended up failing to save Han, and almost died himself in the process.

i think yoda decided that the jedi order deserved exile as punishment for its failure and that, like out dated model, decided to let the new generation of jedi emerge through luke. I think they wanted luke to see that they the jedi they were are not what jedi should be, they learned this in ep 3. As good natured as luke was it was hard for him not to hang on good old ben and then yoda. he had to learn how to become a jedi who could use and control positive emotion. It is the an explaination as to why yoda and obiwan did not go and take palp out. or if they did who would believe the jedi stood for good? palp had the repubic in his evil hand, but i prefer the wise and powerful yoda >_<

Potentium view of force. :)You are lightside, but you use ds powers too. Potentium idea is, that not single force power is evil, it is how you use them. So jedi, who can use DS force powers against baddies. (for example, Katarn is one of those)

So, gray jedi is nearest one of it, but it isnt correct too.

How can it be a no ob build. It has PROVEN effective. I dare you to show your builds and I will tear you apart in an arugment about how these builds will won them.

- OverPowered Godzilla (OPG)

*gets into the Sun Crusher*

Alright you Jedi and Sith boyos.  Lets see you all become one with the force!

*stars blowing up stars where Sith and Jedi congregate*

I'll hang back with my Galaxy Gun thank you. Might not do much against your Sun Crusher, but I don't have to move anywhere to start blowing things up. :blink:"

nightshade, doesn't that make you a spammer?

i think the grey jedi are the true power. the know both teachings and therefore can counter act either one. also they aren't tied down by a certain code. they do it thier way. they don't struggle for power. they just want to be.

The Jedi at what point?

So far, we've seen 3 viewpoints of their philosophy:

Pre-Exar Kun:

Get married, have kids.

Problems:

If your 'life partner' dies, you risk the Dark Side, along with the whole slew of "Get away from my baby!" issues being a parent brings up serving as a threat too.

Post-Exar Kun (Revan til Anakin):

Don't marry: it's dangerous.

Protect yourself from the Dark Side at all costs; we don't need another Kun (or Qel-Droma).

Post-Empire (Luke):

Don't fear emotion, just control it (like pre-Exar).

Outta time, forget this all if you want. I'll try to talk mas luego.

Geekified Star Wars Geek

Heart of the Force, Arm of the Force

"Only a Sith deals in absolutes!"

-Obi-wan to Anakin (NOT advocating Grey-Jedidom)

"The Force doesn't control people, Kreia controls people."

nightshade, doesn't that make you a spammer?

i think the grey jedi are the true power. the know both teachings and therefore can counter act either one. also they aren't tied down by a certain code. they do it thier way. they don't struggle for power. they just want to be.

Not anymore...

I deleted the post...

Grey is ok...

but they never get the powers of a true light or dark Jedi...

Deadly_Nightshade

"Geez. It's like we lost some sort of bet and ended up saddled with a bunch of terrible new posters on this forum."

-Hurlshot

the jedi arent ruled by there power. force power is like oil, is you go to the hole to much like the dark jedi do then your gonna run dry quick then your power almost stops growing at all. but if you go slow like the jedi it lasts longer and in turn you power grows at a constant rate

our time is now

You need help. Just thought I'd let you know. :thumbsup:

I like cocaine!

besides to me, Gray are a bunch of pansy ass Jedi who cant choose (hmmm i just cant choose...the vanilla or the chocolate....)

and LS are a bunch of pusy pasny ass Jedi who cry about crushing an ant

(Oh no I stepped on a flower now I think will cry!)

hi.