which teachings lead to true strength?

which of the Sith and Jedi teachings will lead to true strength?  

90 members have voted

1. 1. which of the Sith and Jedi teachings will lead to true strength?

• The Teachings of the Jedi
    • The Teachings of the Sith
    • The Teachings of neither

In my opinion, there is no light or dark side to the force.. there is only the unifying force, the Potentium view of the force -- good and evil only exist in the user. Both the teachings of the Sith and the Jedi lead to true strength, not as two seperate teachings, but as one whole one. You cant let your emotions guide your actions :-

I win :D

Shane Tyduk

Some awesome title name here

"If you sharpen a knife to its limits,

you run the risk of cutting your own

hand. The knife has no choice but to

be as sharp as you made it."

In my opinion, there is no light or dark side to the force.. there is only the unifying force, the Potentium view of the force -- good and evil only exist in the user. Both the teachings of the Sith and the Jedi lead to true strength, not as two seperate teachings, but as one whole one. You cant let your emotions guide your actions :wub:

The teachings of Karl Marx and Engels. Communism all the way!

In my opinion, there is no light or dark side to the force.. there is only the unifying force, the Potentium view of the force -- good and evil only exist in the user. Both the teachings of the Sith and the Jedi lead to true strength, not as two seperate teachings, but as one whole one. You cant let your emotions guide your actions :wub:

Someone's been listening to Kreia too much. You lose!!! :wub:

It seems to me that there's a lot of "I'll do whatever I want" or "I'll just choose whatever advantages of both sides are pleasing to me" feelings arising. To devote oneself to both sides of the force is to not have a side- to lose one's identity, or to use the sides for self-fulfilling purposes (which is a trademark of the dark side in the end). My screen name is a reference to the state of every human heart or a view into the Force, not a statement that I would follow both sides. Everyone has good and evil, but there comes a time when one has to choose.

To call the Jedi weak is a mistake; it is a weakness to give in to one's emotions and conquests. The Jedi only say they have no emotion. They have emotion- one can see how Vrook is often grumpy and how Obi-Wan cared for Anakin even when he hacked his limbs off. They just say that because the conflicting emotions people feel are that much more potent when they also have the power of the Force to use or abuse. Emotions are so much more dangerous with Jedi.

If they said, "All right you can have all the emotion you want, just play nicely," then the naive Padawans wouldn't understand the control a Jedi needs with emotion. Of course, many Padawans turn to the dark side because their emotions are repressed anyway. So, the Jedi should follow the example of Obi-Wan and Yoda, to have emotion, but to have the wisdom to do what is right.

Edited by indarkestday

but they strive for no emotions.

In that it is unhealthy.

Yeah, I know what you mean. I think the original Jedi knew of the importance of emotions, but down the line the teachings got interpreted so as to promote that message. I mean, everyone can see that Jedi have emotion; their whole existence as protectors and philosophers shows their care for the Republic and the Force. The show their emotions indirectly. I think they mean that relying soley on emotions is unhealthy, but no emotion at all isn't exactly good for you.

I actually consider peace to be an emotion in its own way. It's a balance of emotion where no bad ones rear their head to sway action and the good ones float the person's actions along. The "there is no emotion; there is peace" line always kind of made me want to reword it.

Edited by indarkestday

well the only problem that i can see with wielding your emotions is if you let them dominate you

Yeah, definitely. That's what led the Jedi to have to say to not have emotion, because, like I said before, any leeway can cause the person with the slightest lack of emotional balance to fall to the dark side. That's why wisdom is so important, to show how far to let one's emotions take you.

In my opinion, there is no light or dark side to the force.. there is only the unifying force, the Potentium view of the force -- good and evil only exist in the user. Both the teachings of the Sith and the Jedi lead to true strength, not as two seperate teachings, but as one whole one. You cant let your emotions guide your actions :devil:

Someone's been listening to Kreia too much. You lose!!! :)

pfft, nothing to do with Kreia, I've not played KotOR2 in a while anyways. I was going for Jolee Bindo lol, or maybe somewhere also along the lines of Qui-Gon Jinn.. and Luke Skywalker (during the Swarm Wars where he uses both dark and lightside powers)

I see myself more as a Grey Jedi, my original post was more like their Philosophy anyway:

"Light and Dark are only words. Good and Evil exists. They are the repercusions of choices and actions. The Force is one. It is Power Unlimited, It is Power Absolute. Its infinite nature corrupts absolutely. Those who are sensitive to its flows, eddies and rushes be warned. For all of you walk the line. Know your intentions, your actions and the their impending consequence. Remember, Choose, and Act."

--

Besides, theres many different teachings.. not just the 3, I wonder if the next game lets us contact masters of the Grey code, and allow us to focus more on their teachings rather than stick to the two basic ones.. I know you can stay grey through the game, but your force powers arent as strong as been fully light or fully dark.. Also I'd love them to add in the Whill Shamans.. and learn how to live on as force ghosts after death.. I sense one of the main characters being killed off in the next game...

Edited by Ice-Cold

Shane Tyduk

Some awesome title name here

"If you sharpen a knife to its limits,

you run the risk of cutting your own

hand. The knife has no choice but to

be as sharp as you made it."

• 2 weeks later...

Sith gain power rapidly, but lose it rapidly too for sure.

Jedi gain power slow, and lose it slow too (really slow)

Both have truth, and wrong rules, Ideas and rules. Those are too right and good both...

...As Jolee and Kreia said, you can't be right or wrong with both of them:

Choose your own way, rules, and decisions :)

IB1OsQq.png

Left side of your brain is Logic

Right side of your brain is Emotions

Well, I thought the common consensus was that the left side is for systematic thinking and the right side for creativity, which is false also. Both sides of the brain are used in processes, and can even take on some of the other's tasks if a part is damaged.

But I'm all behind you with using logic and emotion.