Can't Run with High End System

Just updgraded to a high end rig with dual Nvidia 7800 SLI and 2 gig of RAM and have updated all my drivers. It runs so slow as to be unplayable and when I run the check system requirements it says my video card is too low end. If Nvidia 7800 is low end what the heck does this thing need. It ran fine on by old system with a 5200 and only half a gig. They current rig also runs Half-Likfe 2 and FEAR at maximum settings with no problems. I have also used MSCONFIG to shut down all non-essential backgroung and it still will not run.

I have tried the things in the troubleshooting guides. Doesn't seem to be anything under the specific video card issues in the the troubleshooting guide. Any ideas?????

I use 81.98 with SLI enabled....No troubles for me....And he/she doesn't mention if they have a dual core machine.

(Dual-Boot)Windows XP Pro (32 - Bit) SP3 & Windows Vista Ultimate (SP 1) 64 Bit | Intel Dual Core 2 Quad 6600 @ 2.4 Ghz | 8 GB Corsair DDR 3 Ram 1600 mhz | GeForce 9600 GT 512 MB PCI Express X 3 SLI enabled | NVidia Forceware Drivers 181.22| EVGA nForce 790I-SLI Ultra MOBO | Thermalake 850 Watt PWR |

I had the same problems. The game would not work on my (then) brand new Dell that had all kinds of crap, so I put it on a 3 year old computer with out a problem! Weird huh?

(Marine Axiom)

Sweat Dries

Blood Clots

Bones Heal

SUCK IT UP!

I found a fix for my system with a 7800 series video card and a dual core amd x2.

It was a link on a nVidia forum. It worked for me; I had to make a change in my registry I guess. I don't completely understand what it did but my game went form unplayable to working perfectly.

http://forums.nvidia.com/index.php?showtop...484entry63484

nVidia Forum with link

Hope this helps, read the post in the forum and the linked page for directions.

I found a fix for my system with a 7800 series video card and a dual core amd x2.

It was a link on a nVidia forum.  It worked for me; I had to make a change in my registry I guess.  I don't completely understand what it did but my game went form unplayable to working  perfectly.

http://forums.nvidia.com/index.php?showtop...484entry63484

nVidia Forum with link

Hope this helps, read the post in the forum and the linked page for directions.

I just want to thank you for pointing me to this fix. The game just went from completely unplayable, to flawless on highest settings for me.

Thanks again!