Fallout 2 Query

Musopticon?

A few days back I had an urge to hit the wastes once again and this time do it with an unarmed fighter build/scientist dope. So far the game's been fun. I boxed in Reno and hit Prizefighter, saved Modoc and Gecko and I'm nearing Vault 15, after I just get that Power Fist from Francis in Broken Hills. Good times, good times. :D

Anyway, on my previous play times, I've always headed to vault 13 the shortest way, maybe after doing some stuff on the starter towns like Klamath and Den, without really bothering to explore. I always figured, with the Shaman taking contact from time to time, that Arroyo would eventually die, if I didn't make haste.

But this time; I had to look up some stuff from Gamefaqs(mainly where to find a super tool kit, still haven't found one as Smitty didn't have one in Den) and I found out that the game doesn't have a time limit. What the heck? Could I just take my time clearing towns from quests and enemy masses and then go to the vault on like level 42? Do the Shaman messages just stop? I've had one already.

kirottu said:
I was raised by polar bears. I had to fight against blood thirsty wolves and rabid penguins to get my food. Those who were too weak to survive were sent to Sweden.

It has made me the man I am today. A man who craves furry hentai.

So let us go and embrace the rustling smells of unseen worlds

Yeah, the messages just stop. You can't prevent your townsfolks from being snatched by the Enclave no matter how fast you find the GECK, so when a certain time passes, it's assumed the Enclave has raided your village, instead of it being triggered by your finding the thing.

- When he is best, he is a little worse than a man, and when he is worst, he is little better than a beast.

Cool, I'm off to beat some Raiders then. Thanks.

Damned hard to do with Unarmed. :wacko:

Edited by Musopticon?
kirottu said:
I was raised by polar bears. I had to fight against blood thirsty wolves and rabid penguins to get my food. Those who were too weak to survive were sent to Sweden.

I did that too my first play through. I figured that stupid shaman talking to me and telling me to hurry up was a sign that I should go through quickly, but then I found out it didn't matter how fast I did things.

So after that I basically did all the other areas before even bothering with the main quest. I didn't like the shaman anyway. He deserved to die for not giving me more roots for free.

"Console exclusive is such a harsh word." - Darque

"Console exclusive is two words Darque." - Nartwak (in response to Darque's observation)

It's amazingly satisfieing to jab someones eyes out with a well-placed targeted blow. Got to love those haymakers and power kicks. Damned if I get a decent armor for cheap, as my charisma is 3. :D

Edited by Musopticon?
kirottu said:

It's amazingly satisfieing to jab someones eyes out with a well-placed targeted blow. Got to love those haymakers and power kicks. Damned if I get a decent armor for cheap, as my charisma is 3. :D

Piercing Kick to the groin 4TW!

- When he is best, he is a little worse than a man, and when he is worst, he is little better than a beast.

Actually, once I played Fallout 2 with an unarmed character for the first time, I've never been able to replay the game with an armed character again. It's awesome. At first it makes things a bit harder, but once you get enough levels you are absolutely invincible. Get all the action points perks, as you'll be running all over the place.

"My hovercraft is full of eels!" - Hungarian tourist
I am Dan Quayle of the Romans.
I want to tattoo a map of the Netherlands on my nether lands.
Heja Sverige!!
Everyone should cuffawkle more.
The wrench is your friend. :bat:

I found out that the game doesn't have a time limit. What the heck?

They removed the second "invisible" time limit from Fallout 1 aswell because the Fallout series are the kind of games that you play and play and play. I think it took me about 2

DISCLAIMER: Do not take what I write seriously unless it is clearly and in no uncertain terms, declared by me to be meant in a serious and non-humoristic manner. If there is no clear indication, asume the post is written in jest. This notification is meant very seriously and its purpouse is to avoid misunderstandings and the consequences thereof. Furthermore; I can not be held accountable for anything I write on these forums since the idea of taking serious responsability for my unserious actions, is an oxymoron in itself.

Important: as the following sentence contains many naughty words I warn you not to read it under any circumstances; botty, knickers, wee, erogenous zone, psychiatrist, clitoris, stockings, bosom, poetry reading, dentist, fellatio and the department of agriculture.

"I suppose outright stupidity and complete lack of taste could also be considered points of view. "

It's going to be captured by the Enclave regardless, so what is the point of a speedy finish to that quest?

It's called roleplaying. If your character cares about the village, then you should proceed to find the GECK as fast as humanly possible.

If your character doesn't care about the village, then don't worry about it.

If that's the case then fine.

Though you already stated your intent when you said "why bother" because you already knew the outcome. You're just trying to rationalize your decision to take you sweet time.

Edited by alanschu

If that's the case then fine.

Though you already stated your intent when you said "why bother" because you already knew the outcome.  You're just trying to rationalize your decision to take you sweet time.

AKA metagaming. dancing.gif

It's going to be captured by the Enclave regardless, so what is the point of a speedy finish to that quest?

It's called roleplaying. If your character cares about the village, then you should proceed to find the GECK as fast as humanly possible.

If your character doesn't care about the village, then don't worry about it.

My character did everything because if he did go after the GECK quickly, he would realize how small (or no existant) his story actually was... :ph34r: