NWN1 Flashback: Non-Hall of Fame Recommendations

Llyranor

I've played lots of sp NWN mods on nwvault, including most of those in the Hall of Fame. Unfortunately, none of those has managed to impress me. Heck, I've never been able to make myself finish any of them.

This thread is for recommendations of mods that AREN'T on the Hall of Fame that you think are exceptional.

Myself, I would suggest Black Thorn.

This review pretty much says it all http://nwvault.ign.com/View.php?view=Reviews.Detail&id=451

Get the mod here

http://nwvault.ign.com/View.php?view=Modules.Detail&id=4376

In essence, this is the best NWN mod I've played. There is only ONE battle at the end (and for which you need to level yourself to epic levels before getting into the mod, with appropriate weapons and items). Read the review. The nice thing about this mod is that it doesn't spoonfeed you clues. It's been a very long time since I've had to take out some paper in order to take notes. There are lots of false leads. Even in the end, when I uncovered the truth, it felt like a gamble, even though I was pretty sure. The game made me have to trust my judgement, which is counterintuitive nowadays. Overall, a very satisfying experience.

Not a perfect mod, some typos here and there, the conversation design wasn't really groundbreaking, but the whole design of the mod focused on investigation and seeking out clues on your own was very appreciated.

Your suggestions now.

Edited by Llyranor

Hadescopy.jpg

(Approved by Fio, so feel free to use it)

I haven't played an actual mod in awhile. Most of my NWN time now is spent on my module or a PW.

It's a pretty good Action PW known as Underdark Adventures: 66.108.230.68:5121

Good stuff. :wacko:

DWARVES IN PROJECT ETERNITY = VOLOURN HAS PLEDGED $250.

I haven't played many mods really beyond a couple that are in the Hall of Fame, but thanks for point out that Black Thorn mod. That was fun! Although not really all that difficult. I completed it with just under 2 hours to go.