Vampire Masquerade

DeathzBlade

I don't know. What's to punish players from violating the masquerade en-masse? AI representing humans hunting vampires? If everone on a server were to go to war, I doubt the humans would last. It would be hillarious to see the vampires competing to drain the humans in public.

Spreading beauty with my katana.

just going to say there will never be a vampire masquerade mmo because that'd go against the game world, ie you'd have skillions of vampires running around in the world where theres' only supposed to be a few.

LOL, sorry man, but that doesn't mean anything... I played SWG (Star Wars Galaxies) for 2 years and it started out that way.. was supposed to be very few jedi in the game.. when it I had enough of soe's (Sony Online Entertainment) crap there was 90% jedi in the game cause the devs made jedi a starting profession.. any ways, just cause its supposed to be one way or another, means nothing to a company as long as it makes them money...

But as for a MMO vampire game... I am all for it... as long as SOE has nothing to do with it.... that could be a real sweat game.. do it off of underworld or something.. have 3 factions fighting for world dominance.. or something of that nature... vampire's.. werewolf's.. and a mix of both... with humans around the world as every ones prey... but you could even have vampire's fighting vampire's, and werewolf's fighting werewolf's also... for there own leadership.. not sure on all that but just some ideas...

While I don't particularly care for MOGs, DeathzBlade brings up a good point. It doesn't mean anything to the developers that certain elements of a franchise may be applied in a contradicting way when applied to a MOG. As players we can have the valid concern or desire to see those games do not go against the setting or gameworld consistency of some franchises, but nothing (other than the developers' own intention) prevents a massive multiplayer game from spawning endless Jedis, Vampires or Vault Dwellers, no matter how much it isn't mean to.

Edited by Role-Player

^Reason as to why half of gaming sucks nowadays.

kirottu said:
I was raised by polar bears. I had to fight against blood thirsty wolves and rabid penguins to get my food. Those who were too weak to survive were sent to Sweden.

It has made me the man I am today. A man who craves furry hentai.

So let us go and embrace the rustling smells of unseen worlds

Ah, but they do.

Have you not noticed what's the trend in single-player rpgs?

kirottu said:
I was raised by polar bears. I had to fight against blood thirsty wolves and rabid penguins to get my food. Those who were too weak to survive were sent to Sweden.

When you prune, you also edit and combine subsquent posts, so the thread doesn't get raped.

kirottu said:

But yeah, there has been way too much 'you're special!' in games lately. If I wanted to hear that i'd give myself brain damage.

*Post edited for content*

Edited by Blood_Raven

Hadescopy.jpg

(Approved by Fio, so feel free to use it)

just going to say there will never be a vampire masquerade mmo because that'd go against the game world, ie you'd have skillions of vampires running around in the world where theres' only supposed to be a few.

LOL, sorry man, but that doesn't mean anything... I played SWG (Star Wars Galaxies) for 2 years and it started out that way.. was supposed to be very few jedi in the game.. when it I had enough of soe's (Sony Online Entertainment) crap there was 90% jedi in the game cause the devs made jedi a starting profession.. any ways, just cause its supposed to be one way or another, means nothing to a company as long as it makes them money...

But as for a MMO vampire game... I am all for it... as long as SOE has nothing to do with it.... that could be a real sweat game.. do it off of underworld or something.. have 3 factions fighting for world dominance.. or something of that nature... vampire's.. werewolf's.. and a mix of both... with humans around the world as every ones prey... but you could even have vampire's fighting vampire's, and werewolf's fighting werewolf's also... for there own leadership.. not sure on all that but just some ideas...

I'm not saying that the developers wouldn't make it... I'm saying that White Wolf wouldn't let them because of this.

Victor of the 5 year fan fic competition!

Kevin Butler will awesome your face off.

Calax,Jan 24 2006, 11:34 AM

I'm not saying that the developers wouldn't make it... I'm saying that White Wolf wouldn't let them because of this.

ok.. well how about someone besides White Wolf make the game.. like obsidian.. or who ever...

Edited by DeathzBlade