Costume for Wedding Anniversary

Cantousent

On February 19, my wife and I will be celebrating our tenth wedding anniversary. We have sent out the invitations, purchased the wine, ale, and mead, secured the decorations, and reserved the dining hall. What I need now is a costume.

So, fellow internets geeklings, anyone know of a place to get a decent nobleman's renaissance costume? Any ideas would be welcome in terms of where I can purchase one, what the price would be, and what would look best. I'd like to stick to something under $100, but I'm willing to pay more if the quality and price combine to make it a truly exceptional deal. I need this by the second week in February, so I probably don't have time to have it tailored.

Please, any ideas?

Fionavar's Holliday Wishes to all members of our online community:  Happy Holidays

Join the revelry at the Obsidian Plays channel:
Obsidian Plays

Remembering tarna, Phosphor, Metadigital, and Visceris.  Drink mead heartily in the halls of Valhalla, my friends!

Alas, no.

Still, that was all theoretical. This is serious. I need to buy the costume.

Fionavar's Holliday Wishes to all members of our online community:  Happy Holidays

Obsidian Plays

Remembering tarna, Phosphor, Metadigital, and Visceris.  Drink mead heartily in the halls of Valhalla, my friends!

Eldar: I'm Batman.

Eldar's Wife: You've ruined my anniversary party! *alternates between sobbing and beating on Eldar*

Maybe I should go with the Viking Mans costume from Surreptishus' link. heh heh.

Obsidian Plays

Thread Pruned: Is it possible to honour Eldar's request with some dignity and respect?

(Note: There is a subtext that is: a) Rhetorical, and; b) contains just the hint of aggravation that I may have to do some work ...)

The universe is change;
your life is what our thoughts make it
- Marcus Aurelius (161)

:dragon:

Thread Pruned: Is it possible to honour Eldar's request with some dignity and respect?

(Note: There is a subtext that is: a) Rhetorical, and; b) contains just the hint of aggravation that I may have to do some work ...)

you is kidding right? eldar announces that he is gonna do some burton and taylor "taming of the shrew" anniversary motif and you want folks to stay serious?

am sorry, but if eldar paints a bull

Edited by Gromnir

"If there be time to expose through discussion the falsehood and fallacies, to avert the evil by the processes of education, the remedy to be applied is more speech, not enforced silence."Justice Louis Brandeis, Concurring, Whitney v. California, 274 U.S. 357 (1927)

"Im indifferent to almost any murder as long as it doesn't affect me or mine."--Gfted1 (September 30, 2019)

You are such a jerk. Granted, I thought it was funny, but you're still a jerk.

I can see going to the party as the "Burger King." Jackass. :Eldar's guffawing icon:

Okay, but I don't mind some ribbing. I expected it. Some folks might have some honest suggestions, and those are most welcome, but I'm not going to get bent out of shape because some folks have fun at my expense.

With that said, I'd like to know what folks think. I mean, come on! You're a bunch of RPG playing, Renaissance loving, elitist geeklings. You have to know what would make a good costume. Otherwise, screw it, I'll just order this little number off of ebay:

Obsidian Plays

we know a couple of folks who might be able to help eldar out... seriously. will see if they can email or pm him with info.

heck, did you think of pming josh? he seems to get pretty elaborate with his halloween costumes. maybe he got some "ins" someplace.

HA! Good Fun!

Edited by Gromnir

"If there be time to expose through discussion the falsehood and fallacies, to avert the evil by the processes of education, the remedy to be applied is more speech, not enforced silence."Justice Louis Brandeis, Concurring, Whitney v. California, 274 U.S. 357 (1927)

"Im indifferent to almost any murder as long as it doesn't affect me or mine."--Gfted1 (September 30, 2019)

we know a couple of folks who might be able to help eldar out... seriously.  will see if they can email or pm him with info.

heck, did you think of pming josh?  he seems to get pretty elaborate with his halloween costumes.  maybe he got some "ins" someplace.

HA! Good Fun!

That would be awesome. I haven't thought of pming Sawyer, but I might. I put this off to the last minute. If I don't figure something out soon, you'll be seeing me in the news when my wife murders me.

Obsidian Plays

Please, any ideas?

You might try calling around. There's at least one costume retailer in Loma Linda and over a dozen in San Bernardino County. I'm sure one of these shops can suggest something. Congratulations and good luck.

Company Name Address City/State ZIP Phone

HOT Second Hand Store Antqs 24871 Redlands Blvd Loma Linda, CA 92354 (909) 796-7709

B J's Costumes & More 1869 E Main St Barstow, CA 92311 (760) 256-9073

Enchanted Attic 25899 Base Line St San Bernardino, CA 92410 (909) 862-1170

Enchanted Treasures & Costumes 6336 Lee Ct Chino, CA 91710 (909) 627-6957

Francisco's Costume Shop 12190 Hesperia Rd Victorville, CA 92395 (760) 951-1286

Fun Corner 426 W Base Line St San Bernardino, CA 92410 (909) 885-7648

Halloween Adventure 5280 Arrow Hwy Montclair, CA 91763 (909) 621-1774

Harlequin Costume 720 S Milliken Ave # G Ontario, CA 91761 (909) 948-2950

M & L Treasures 794 W 40th St San Bernardino, CA 92407 (909) 648-2249

Party & Events Rents 206 E Country Club Blvd Big Bear City, CA 92314 (909) 584-4488

Party City 5549 Philadelphia St # B Chino, CA 91710 (909) 590-0670

Party Plus 1801 Orange Tree Ln # 100 Redlands, CA 92374 (909) 335-2811

Theatre Co 1400 N Benson Ave Upland, CA 91786 (909) 982-5736

Valerie's Place 56468 Onaga Trl Yucca Valley, CA 92284 (760) 369-2202

That's great, Blue. It's on the shameful side of stupid that it took someone else to find shops in my area. :Eldar's abashed and ashamed icon:

Still, I'm just glad to have the list. I'll start calling tomorrow.

Obsidian Plays

I'm not into this stuff but I Googled around, and Hade's is right...a lot of the coolest/best looking costumes costs way more than $100.

The closest I found on the web that had mix/match shirts/vests/bottoms that I thought looked simple/ok for the price was stuff like this one:

http://www.threadsoftime.com/

Probably not much help...good luck. :wub:

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

Eldar, depending on your weight and size, I can loan you something that I have. As I remember, some slob here said I looked like a freeking bard with a pic that I foolishly posted in a moment of drunkenness. Two questions...are you a lardass? and what kind or sword do you want ( assuming you don't already have the one you want )? I'll have my bronze katana and wagisashi by then if you want to use them. PM me for particulars ( assuming you answered no to question #1 :) ).

Ruminations...

When a man has no Future, the Present passes too quickly to be assimilated and only the static Past has value.

Hehehe I'll PM you Tarna.

I will, however, say that I am quite a lardass, but 6'2" can hide a lot of lard. I have a 40" waist but I don't look it.

As far as the sword goes, I have that, but I'll definitely PM you about the costume.

Obsidian Plays

I like the style of these guys. Definitely something to consider.

http://norrsken.peppesbodega.nu/files/larp.jpg

I want to add ' ' for teh win, but I can't decide. Nerdy Ninja, Wimpy the Warrior, Constipated T-shirt guy or the Fat Friar? It's too hard to choose.

bnwdancer9ma7pk.gif

Jaguars4ever is still alive.  No word of a lie.

Jesus.  I'll pay you to go as Burger King.  Not a lot, but cash money all the same.

If you come as Maid Marian, I'll send you an invitation and gladly don the Burger King costume. I will also post pictures of the two of us dancing for the Obsidian forum community! :Eldar's **** eating grin icon:

Obsidian Plays

I think you ought to go as a cossack.

"It wasn't lies. It was just... bull****"."

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.