Penalty for DS Powers?

Its also easier to boost your charisma in KOTOR II, as there are now robes that give decent bonus' to Charisma. Force Valour is still in from the 1st game too :) By the end of the game I was 100% LS using Force Storm, which didnt take many Force points to cast, as i had Charisma and Wisdom boosted well into the late 20's :D

Ok, then no big deal. I like being a LS person, but I love those DS powers!

I can't really see the point in differentiating between the two. I mean, if I am going to kill someone, hack them with my lightsaber and such, why is it so DS-ish to suck out their life-force? :thumbsup:

Edited by linda

Ok, then no big deal.  I like being a LS person, but I love those DS powers!

I can't really see the point in differentiating between the two.  I mean, if I am going to kill someone, hack them with my lightsaber and such, why is it so DS-ish to suck out their life-force?  :lol:

You really don't get the concept of LS and DS, do you.

"Console exclusive is such a harsh word." - Darque

"Console exclusive is two words Darque." - Nartwak (in response to Darque's observation)

I can't really see the point in differentiating between the two.  I mean, if I am going to kill someone, hack them with my lightsaber and such, why is it so DS-ish to suck out their life-force?  :rolleyes:

Ah, let the kid be. If he wants to play a psychotic light side Jedi, let him. :lol:

I can't really see the point in differentiating between the two.  I mean, if I am going to kill someone, hack them with my lightsaber and such, why is it so DS-ish to suck out their life-force?  :devil:

Ah, let the kid be. If he wants to play a psychotic light side Jedi, let him. :)

Well, first I am no kid. Second, I'm a she. Third, I do get the concept. I'm not psychotic, I just kill who i'm supposed to according to the story. I like being a hero, and helping everyone out. But the story requires me to kill, and in my opinion, a kill is a kill is a kill. Slashing someone with a lightsaber is just as painful and bloody and cruel as using DS powers, wouldn't you say? o:)

Ah, the old "why does it matter if I fry him with lightning when I can slash to him to ribbons with my light saber?" question. Don't worry, it doesn't make much sense to me either; dead, after all, is dead, especially when you have supposidly neutral powers that actually let you throw your light saber into things.

Does using DS powers make your character more DS?

No, it doesn't. LS powers also won't make your PC more Light Sided.

Нека Силата винаги бъде с теб!

I reject your reality, and substitute it with my own.

Time you enjoy wasting is not wasted.

John Lenon

This thread is a big "hey, f*** you!" to the humanity's intelligence.

571911[/snapback]

It would be nice that using ds powers would corrupt you more. You are using a evil power and the more you use it, the more it corrupts you. The problem is it would be hard to implement into the game.

Not necessarily, atleast not any more than LS or DS "choices" move your alignment one way or the other.

For instance, if you use Force Choke one time, then your alignment shifts ever so slightly. That way you don't suddenly become a DS by using it one time, but you do, eventually fall to the DS after repeated use.

"Console exclusive is two words Darque." - Nartwak (in response to Darque's observation)

That's why I said incremental shifts. As in, it would basically take forever and you'd have to kill EVERYONE with Force choke for it to actually move you along to the DS.

The only real way it would affect alignment, since in my scenary it's such tiny incremental shifts, is when you go for LS Mastery. You'd have to weigh the use of DS powers with the fact that even a small shift meant losing Mastery (although you'd still be Uber LS).

But the story requires me to kill, and in my opinion, a kill is a kill is a kill.  Slashing someone with a lightsaber is just as painful and bloody and cruel as using DS powers, wouldn't you say?  o:)

I'd agree with that on a general level. But if you're killing as duty or neccesity rather than psychopathic intent, using any method that draws out the killing would seem more DS to me - assuming one had a choice in the matter. Swfit beheading vs. long-drawn out electrocution, say...

I always found it amazing how long Luke and others could painfully survive that blue force lightning. Force lightning doesn't seem all that powerful to me - except in Kotor of course. :-

Edited by LadyCrimson
“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

It would be nice that using ds powers would corrupt you more. You are using a evil power and the more you use it, the more it corrupts you. The problem is it would be hard to implement into the game.

Not necessarily, atleast not any more than LS or DS "choices" move your alignment one way or the other.

For instance, if you use Force Choke one time, then your alignment shifts ever so slightly. That way you don't suddenly become a DS by using it one time, but you do, eventually fall to the DS after repeated use.

Sounds like a good idea. Using darkside force powers too often and it starts to corrupt you. It makes sense, look at Lord of the Rings and the Ring of power. It slowly corrupts those who touch it after a while.

War is Peace, Freedom is Slavery, Ignorance is Strength

Baldur's Gate modding
TeamBG
Baldur's Gate modder/community leader
Baldur's Gate - Enhanced Edition beta tester
Baldur's Gate 2 - Enhanced Edition beta tester

Icewind Dale - Enhanced Edition beta tester

well in the whole "Power corrupts the Jedi" thing, when a jedi gets a dark side power, the council will see it as a sign of the dark side. But (and i quote Vrook from k2 and Katarn from Jedi Academy). Vrook says its lack of disicpline when using the force turn them to the dark side, and Katarn says it not the power thats evil, its how u use them. so basicly its not the power but the Jedi that uses them.

But a lightside char using dark power only takes up more force

hi.