Blank screen at intro movie (Sis 760 video card)

:cool: very true

the thing about console gaming is there are so many different systems and games aren't consistent between them, at least with PC you have one uniform system(unless you have a MAC, ha (w00t) !) , even if you have to upgrade ocassionaly.

also, you have to buy a new console 'bout every 3 years to be able to play the latest games >_<

Edited by dskluz737

still, it's getting better...with the 1998 Compaq(3 GB hard drive >_< ) i once had, only about 1/2 the games i bought would work...i was practically ripping my hair out...I was an all PS1 person at the time.

i suppose i should just buy some ram..I was up to 800 something, but the computer's original RAM started making it crash and I had to take it out and do a total restore..back to 512 mb

Edited by dskluz737

i dont know what to select on the second step of crucial.com

Go to Crucial Homepage and along the right hand side of the screen there is a button that says "Scan my system" At the next screen press continue then "accept" their license agreement. It will take a couple moments than a screen will appear that has their recomendations. The left side of the screen has your current set up and how much memory you can take. There is also a button that says "your Graphics Card" That will take you to their Graphics card recommendations.

"I'm god. I may not be 'The God', but I'm definately a god." - Ground Hog's Day

Visit: http://www.paulvomero.com/

i dont know what to select on the second step of crucial.com

Step 1 Who made your computer

step 2 what series type it is

step 3 what model type it is

For example

Mine is a

1 Dell

2 Dimension

3 4100

I just saw that system scanner thats pretty cool makes it pretty easy to do it that way!! (w00t)

Edited by knighthawk66

That explains why you have such a wierd amount of RAM. YOU actually have 512 but part of that is allocated to the video card. For 63.99 you could add another 512 mb. This way you would have over 800 mb of RAM. If you wanted you could go crazy and drop two gig sticks in and have 2gb of RAM. Also that Radeon 9600 is a good card for 77.99.

then somethings wrong somewhere. KOTOR is only seeing that you have 364MB of RAM in your system. That could be the problem right there.

I did the scan and it told me that I had 1 more slot available for a memory stick. Thats wrong!!! I only have 2 slots available.

It did tell me correctly how much RAM I can expand to tho

If indeed you do have 512mb try looking for other things. Maybe try un-installing the game and making sure there is no trace of it on your computer

reboot and check it to see if its really gone (all shortcuts and links and folders) there are threads in here that tell you to look for certain folders that dont get erased when you un install. look for them

after that reboot again and then install the game. See what happens

*edit i should wait sometimes to see what other peeps have to say** Stew is right you have part of your RAM allocated for the vid card. Also folling Stews suggestions you can upgrade for less than $200 and have a pretty good smooth running system**

Edited by knighthawk66

so what does this mean? do you reccomend i get it? would it add to my ram now or would it just replace it? also would getting this and not a new graphics card be a bad idea?

What it's saying is that you have two slots for RAM and currently you have one open. I would say get the video card, but that's up to you. If you get the graphics card it will free up the RAM that is currently being used by the integrated video card on your motherboard. In addition the 9600 se has 128mb of built in RAM, which decrease it's reliance on your system RAM. I still think your going to eventually need more RAM if you want to Game with this computer. Moreover additional RAM would help you overall system performance.

doesent the video card u reccomended have problems with kotor 2?

sorry guys im just really bad with computers and am scared to make a decision for myself considering i could spend alot of money and the game still doesent work.

thanks for the help :D

i just need u guys to give more suggestions before i decide.

also it only suggests radeon cards. is my comp not compatible with nvida?

Edited by Newbert_zero

so what would you guys recommend out of these choices i cant decide what would be best.

getting

1.The Crucial RADEON 9600SE 128MB AGP for $78

2. The 512mb stick for $64

3. The Crucial RADEON 9250 128MB AGP AND a 256MB stick (totaling $80)

Edited by Newbert_zero

so what would you guys recommend out of these choices i cant decide what would be best.

getting

1.The Crucial RADEON 9600SE 128MB AGP for $78

2. The 512mb stick for $64

3. The Crucial RADEON 9250 128MB AGP AND a 256MB stick (totaling $80)

Unfortunately, that is a decision you're going to have to make. However, you should keep a couple of things in mind before you do anything.

1. Are you upgrading just for this game or for your overall system performance? My feeling is if you want to upgrade just to play KOTOR 2 than go out and get an XBOX and the console version of the game. It will probably cost you the same amount.

2. If you do decide to upgrade research prices and options thoroughly.

3. And lastly, upgrading your computer isn't rocket science (infact adding more RAM is pretty simple), but if you don't know what your doing you can really screw things up. From what I've read you don't sound as if you know alot about computers. If you feel that computers and computer gaming is something that interests you, there are numerous sites and FAQ's around the web devoted to upgrading your computer. I would seriously take the time to research them and make sure you're comfortable before you pop the top on your computer and dive in.

So, I'm sorry I can't tell you what to do....In the end do some research and make the best decision for you and what you will eventually use your computer for. If your computer works fine for surfing the web and writing the occasional paper and that's all you're going to use it for than I would seriously consider the XBOX route. They're going to drop in price again shortly. But, should you decide you want to game take the time to research. You'll be surprised how much you learn about computers by gaming with them. Good Luck! Let me know what you decide.

Edited by Stewdawg24

well i do animations on the computer and stuff like that so i do require a good computer so Im definently going to upgrade the comptuter. I use my computer all the time so i might as well spend my time on a good computer. Im just wondering what choice would most likely get kotor 2 working.

maybe i should get The Crucial RADEON 9600SE 128MB AGP and then later get 512mb.

btw are u sure if i get one of these graphics cards that my ram will go back up to 512?

Thanks for all the help you have given me.

Edited by Newbert_zero

That SIS760 is integrated graphics. It's very slow too, I've tried one. It could hardly run Morrowind or Jedi Knight 2, both from 2001 abouts. That means KOTOR2 is not going to run playably.

The KOTOR games really dislike working with 3d chips not on their compatible lists, especially integrated stuff.

If that's not a notebook, you need a new video card. There are tons of cards <$100 that will run KOTOR2 quite well. A GeForce 6600 or Radeon X700 would be many times faster than that SIS760. A Radeon 9600/9550 would be ok too (lot slower tho). Don't buy GeForce FX cards (5000 series).

Edited by swaaye