What's Under Yer Hood?

...well, in the Spirit o' the Ol' Dwarf, howling1 hisself, and since I jus' got me new rig up an' runnin' smooth as a babe's bottom, 'tis time fer all ye Computer geeks ta brag 'bout yer rig's once again...let the ol' furball start:

CoolerMaster Praetorian Chassis

AMD X2 3800+ Dual Core Processor

Thermalright XP-120 CPU heatsink with a 120mm UHS Panaflo fan

ASUS A8N-E mobo

Sapphire Radeon X800gto2 softmodded (now wit' 16 enabled pipelines) an' OCed to an X850XT PE (545/603)

Arctic Cooling ATI Silencer 5 Rev. 2 GPU cooler

1 gig OCZ Platinum Rev. 2 Dual Channel Ram

Seagate Barracuda 7200.8 250 GB SATA hdd

Enermax Noisetaker 485W PSU

Mitsumi Floppy Drive / 7-in-1 Card Reader

ViewSonic VP930B 19" LCD monitor (on the way...didn't git 'ere yet, more's the pity)

ViewSonic G90fB 19" CRT

SoundBlaster Audigy 2 ZS souncard

Logitech Z-2300 speakers

LG DVD ROM

BenQ DW1640 DVD burner

CoolerMaster Musketeer II

CoolerMaster Aerogate II

Zalman 3-speed single fan controller (for CPU fan...the Panaflo gits noisy at 115 CFM)

4 CoolerMaster 80mm Blue LED fans

2 SunBeam 12" Cold Cathode Light (Blue)

1 5-foot string Sunbeam EL Wire (Red)

Saitek Eclipse keyboard

Logitech MX-510 mouse

...Unca Sargy's a happy geek today... :D

...WHO LUVS YA, BABY!!...

A long, long time ago, but I can still remember,
How the Trolling used to make me smile.
And I knew if I had my chance, I could egg on a few Trolls to "dance",
And maybe we'd be happy for a while.
But then Krackhead left and so did Klown;
Volo and Turnip were banned, Mystake got run out o' town.
Bad news on the Front Page,
BIOweenia said goodbye in a heated rage.
I can't remember if I cried
When I heard that TORN was recently fried,
But sadness touched me deep inside,
The day...Black Isle died.

For tarna, Visc, an' the rest o' the ol' Islanders that fell along the way

Uh, my computer hasn't been upgraded since, well, never actually. It has been the same for the past six years.

Lou Gutman, P.I.- It's like I'm not even trying anymore!
http://theatomicdanger.iforumer.com/index....theatomicdanger

One billion b-balls dribbling simultaneously throughout the galaxy. One trillion b-balls being slam dunked through a hoop throughout the galaxy. I can feel every single b-ball that has ever existed at my fingertips. I can feel their collective knowledge channeling through my viens. Every jumpshot, every rebound and three-pointer, every layup, dunk, and free throw. I am there.

All I know about my computer is that it used to be a Dell server until my friend made it all fancy and gave it to me. Now it puts everything to shame, especially after it became self-aware about two weeks ago.

P.S. Truffle Shuffle

Edited by Laozi

People laugh when I say that I think a jellyfish is one of the most beautiful things in the world. What they don't understand is, I mean a jellyfish with long, blond hair.

Chieftec Black 'Dragon' Case with Side window/fan

Athlon 2500+, Locked Core, Overclocked to 3200+ speeds (no one can lock me out)

Coolermaster Aero 7+ fan with adjustable speed.

DFI Lanparty MOBO

ATi Radeon 9600XT

1GB Mushkin PC4000 RAM

Dual Seagate 120GB 7200RPM IDE Drives

Powmax 500watt modded PS (80mm fan strapped onto it)

Alps (I think) Floppy Drive

Optorite DVD ROM+CD-RW drive

Pioneer DVD+RW/CD-RW drive

4 80mm Case Fans 2 w/ Blue LEDs

Blue Cold Cathode light

Altec Lansing 2.1 Speaker setup

P.O.S. mouse I got from Ross when my old one died and a monster of an IBM Keyboard I've had forever.

My big brothers old chassis.

New power source since old one went kaputt.

Asus a7n8x mobo

Msi Geforce 4800se

80 gig HD

Lite on dvd +rw

1gig of ram

speakers, keyboard, mouse(second one since old one went kaputt)

Samsung syncmaster 757dfx monitor

This post is not to be enjoyed, discussed, or referenced on company time.

Since this is about Computers, should this be in the Computers and Console forum?

Instead of making comments like this, you should try adding something to the conversation. You obviously know how, since you did it in your second post.

As for the original topic... whats in my PC? Home, office or laptop?

Office? The jawesomest stuff imaginable. Lets just say I'm not using the minimum specs machine at the office.

Home? Its been 3 years since I bought it, so I don't remember all the specs. Its a 3ghz hyper-threaded p4, nVidia 6800 GTX with 256mb, 1 gig of kingston RAM - I'll probably grab another stick of RAM from a cereal box, or something. Its dirt cheap nowaday.

Laptop sucks. I only use it for checking e-mail on the go and typing up documents. So yeah, it sucks.

AMD Sempron 3000+

Radeon 9800 128Mb

1 Gb Kingston RAM

17" Acer TFT screen (8ms)

A black Chieftec Server Tower (keeps everything cold)

1x250 Gb Maxter SATA drive

1x80 Gb Maxtor ATA drive

420W PSU

Abit NF7-S v2.0 motherboard

Onbard Dolby Digital 5.1 encoder connected to an a Soundblaster Extigy for the decoding, ensuring that all games/movies/mp3's are in Dolby Digital 5.1 format. (F.E.A.R. and Quake 4 sounds excellent with this setup)

Creative 5100 5.1 speakers

Black cordless Logitech Keyboard and Mouse

DVD-drive

CDRW-burner

Edited by Meshugger

"Some men see things as they are and say why?"
"I dream things that never were and say why not?"
- George Bernard Shaw

"Hope in reality is the worst of all evils because it prolongs the torments of man."
- Friedrich Nietzsche

"The amount of energy necessary to refute bull**** is an order of magnitude bigger than to produce it."

- Some guy 

What I have you couldn't brag about at all. But it works fine. :) I upgrade only when a game I want won't run or I desperately need for graphic/photos, which in the past meant "every 3-4 years or so" but now means "every 1.5 years or so." I need to build a new one soon for the new vid card tech. But I'm not in a big hurry since whatever I build will be outdated 2 seconds after I walk out of the parts store, no matter when I build it, so I probably won't upgrade the MB/vid tech until...a game I want won't run. :)

MSI PT880 motherboard

P4 3ghz

2 GB RAM

GeForce 6200 128 AGP

Creative Audigy2 ZS

Seagate 160GB 7200 ATA HD

Toshiba CD/DVD-RW

network card

Floppy

Generic keyboard

Very basic MS intelliwheel mouse (it's very small & fits my hand)

Some cheap, heavy, 17" tube monitor that I still really like

3-piece speakers, nothing special

One of those things that lets you share monitor w/multiple PC's

Some big blue and black CoolerMaster case

Edited by LadyCrimson
“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

Hmm..No idea about motherboards..but this is what I DO know.

Dell XPS chassis (It glows! :thumbsup: )

Intel Pentium eXtreme Dual Core 3.20ghz

2046MB of 667mhz DDR2

ATI Radeon X850XT PE 256MB

250GB Sata HD

17 In. Analog, flat screen monitor

Logitech laser Intellimouse...cant remember the exact type, but it's exceptionally accurate.

Dell multimedia keyboard

5.1 surround sound speaker setup, 100 watt subwoofer

SB Audigy 2 ZS soundcard

That's it.

I had thought that some of nature's journeymen had made men and not made them well, for they imitated humanity so abominably. - Book of Counted Sorrows

'Cause I won't know the man that kills me

and I don't know these men I kill

but we all wind up on the same side

'cause ain't none of us doin' god's will.

- Everlast

One of those things that lets you share monitor w/multiple PC's

:D I believe that's called a KVM switch Lady :- ( keyboard, video, mouse ).

For extra points, how many port is it ( how many computers can you hook up to it/what is the keystroke command )?

Ruminations...

When a man has no Future, the Present passes too quickly to be assimilated and only the static Past has value.

:D  I believe that's called a KVM switch Lady  ;) ( keyboard, video, mouse ).

For extra points, how many port is it ( how many computers can you hook up to it/what is the keystroke command )?

My thingie is a cheap little device that has one port, and I have to double-hit Scroll Lock. Which has been a pain because I have to re-map keys for other programs that use that. I'll have to get something better tho when I build a 3rd PC.

Hubby has 6 PC's on a long table, sharing one monitor - he uses something a bit fancier than I do. :o

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

Scrl Lk/Scrl Lk/Enter ( or 1,2 ) is usually the command for a two port KVM. I've got a 4 port ( about $50 USD ) and am building a two port into the computer I'm assembling right now. I've seen them go up to 16 port ( for server rooms ) but hear they are terribly expensive. Since Hubby has so many systems, I assume he does that sort of thing proffessionally and probably can get a used one on the cheap. If he doesn't already know this, KVM switches can be stacked as long as the keyboard commands differ. My 4 port will move from PC to PC but once it hits my new computer, I give a different key command and it will switch the new computer internally. Num Lock/Num Lock ( 1,2,3,4 ) will flip it out of the new rig again.

Ruminations...

When a man has no Future, the Present passes too quickly to be assimilated and only the static Past has value.

Okay, we've horded this thread for a week. Time to share it with the geeks in C & C.

Ruminations...

266 Mhz Pentium

56.6k modem

a soundcard

a primative video card 16MB

Windows 95

This is my parents ancient computer I'm on. Once I leave here and get to my place it'll be:

2.8Mhz P4

512 RAM

9600 ATI video card

Soundblaster Audigy

80G HD

80G SATA drive

DVD drive

CD R/RW player

WinXP Pro

And a nice green case that has a see through panel with and it glows inside, floresent green.

6 fans

War is Peace, Freedom is Slavery, Ignorance is Strength

Baldur's Gate modding
TeamBG
Baldur's Gate modder/community leader
Baldur's Gate - Enhanced Edition beta tester
Baldur's Gate 2 - Enhanced Edition beta tester

Icewind Dale - Enhanced Edition beta tester

266 Mhz Pentium

56.6k modem

a soundcard

a primative video card 16MB

Windows 95

This is my parents ancient computer I'm on.

Wow! What a boat anchor. :) What the Hell though, it keeps you posting here. :D

Once I leave here and get to my place it'll be:

2.8Mhz P4

512 RAM

9600 ATI video card

Soundblaster Audigy

80G HD

80G SATA drive

DVD drive

CD R/RW player

WinXP Pro

And a nice green case that has a see through panel with and it glows inside, floresent green.

6 fans

I'll tell you what I told both my kids...start saving and buy your 'Dream System' while you're still living with your folks. When you get out on your own, you ain't gonna have any 'toy money' till you get to my age. :) ( unless, of course, you 'marry up' like Sarge is doing ) :)

Ruminations...

BTW...to you guys that don't know what's in your magic box, download this software...

http://www.freedownloadscenter.com/Utiliti...me_Edition.html

It'll tell you everything about your system from hardware ( and benchmarks ), software ( versions included ) and even the registry keys for the software in case you've lost them.

Best of all...it's free! I load it on every system I work on.

Ruminations...