KotoR 3: Ideas and Suggestions

I would like to see a way to be DS without just being a jerk.  Also, Im tired of new characters.  Where are the old ones?  Where is Revan?  Lets get back to the original story here.  Pick Revan or Exile as your main character and go from there.  And what did happen to Malak's jaw?

i agree i want my ds character to be liked by my crewmates

I think it would be neat to have more than one student, but I think they could make the whole master-apprentice relationship that much more fulfilling if they kept it narrow to 1-on-1.  Quality over quantity.

one way to look at it is that, while you may have other students, you have one "special student" and you (the PC) can even initiate a force bond with that person.

also, the special student could also be designated as First Mate of the ship and have PC-like attributes (such as the Persuade skill) if and when the game goes multithreaded.

love that idea

they need to start on corusant and head out to the unknown region.

I would like to see a way to be DS without just being a jerk.  Also, Im tired of new characters.  Where are the old ones?  Where is Revan?  Lets get back to the original story here.  Pick Revan or Exile as your main character and go from there.  And what did happen to Malak's jaw?

Well, three of the original companions are also companions in K2, and Carth and Bastila are both in there as well, if you put Revan as LS male.

Revan is off fighting the true Sith. That's Kreia's great revelation at the end of K2, after all... And I'm fairly certain K3 will pick up on that, if it's ever made.

But I wouldn't like to have Revan (or Exile) as the main character again, because that would mean playing yet *another* jedi who mysteriously loses his power and must begin over at level 1. We've done that twice in as many games, and it's getting old. I'd much rather play a young jedi who does not have extensive personal history behind him. That doesn't mean he (or she) couldn't have complex history, though. For example, the new main jedi character could be the offspring of Saul Karath or similar.

Mind you, I do expect Revan and Exile to be in K3, perhaps even as eventual members of the group.

Edited by Jediphile

Guest The Architect

In my K3 Storyline, the main character is a force-sensitive who grew up on Talvarin and knew Bastila Shan as a child (Your the same age as her but not related at all...). You were originally ment to be given over to the Jedi Order like Bastila was but your parents died and you were handed over to your last living relatives who live way out in the outer-rim world of Exocron which touches on the fringes of the unknown regions and is too far away from the Jedi Order or the Old Republic so they never knew about you and your relatives hate force sensitives so they treat you like garbage but never tell you that you are force-sensitive...If you want to know more, go ahead and ask me. I sent my proposed storyline to Obsidian nearly a month ago and they haven't gotten back to me but I expected as much as they don't read unsolicited storylines and like to avoid outiside influence. I don't want to sound arrogant when I say this but my storyline is good, it could work, it's not too complex, neither corny nor dodge and it covers the alignment and gender problems of Revan and the Exile...If you have questions, ask me and I'll answer what I can. I just wish Obsidian had of read it just for the hell of it.

Edited by The Architect

A soon-to-be hero with hidden talents hated by his relatives because of them? And that doesn't sound corny?

Not to mention that tacked-on relation with Bastila. Sheesh.

Edited by Musopticon?
kirottu said:
I was raised by polar bears. I had to fight against blood thirsty wolves and rabid penguins to get my food. Those who were too weak to survive were sent to Sweden.

It has made me the man I am today. A man who craves furry hentai.

So let us go and embrace the rustling smells of unseen worlds

well, I do like the idea of drawing on what is already there....Bastila's homeworld, heck, even Revan's homeworld is mentioned in K1.

I really won't mind seeing them flesh out things like that. Chances are, they aren't going to use anyone's story idea in its entirety....they may take a bit from here and a bit from there.

Oh, and I definitely want Bastila in the next game and with a full romance option (depending on how you steer the conversation about Revan and she.)

Guest The Architect
A soon-to-be hero with hidden talents hated by his relatives because of them? And that doesn't sound corny?

Not to mention that tacked-on relation with Bastila. Sheesh.

I admit it does sound corny when you don't know the full details. For more details, read all my posts from starting from the very first on that board to the last then see what you think. The link where I start posting starts at...

http://forums.obsidianent.com/index.php?sh...ic=38660&st=495

Bastila could be one of the PCs in K3, where her role is trying to train more FSs and strengthen the Jedi Order's numbers

DAWUSS

Dawes ain't too bright. Hitting rock bottom is when you leave 2 tickets on the dash of your car, leave it unlocked hoping someone will steal them & when you come back, there are 4 tickets on your dashboard.

Bastila could be one of the PCs in K3, where her role is trying to train more FSs and strengthen the Jedi Order's numbers

I agree. Although, because of her Force Bond with Revan, she also wants to go looking for him (in her own ship) and is a player-controlled squad leader in certain parts of the game. That is what I would like.

Bastila needs to have at least as much play as Atris and probably as much as Kreia.

In my K3 Storyline, the main character is a force-sensitive who grew up on Talvarin and knew Bastila Shan as a child (Your the same age as her but not related at all...). You were originally ment to be given over to the Jedi Order like Bastila was but your parents died and you were handed over to your last living relatives who live way out in the outer-rim world of Exocron which touches on the fringes of the unknown regions and is too far away from the Jedi Order or the Old Republic so they never knew about you and your relatives hate force sensitives so they treat you like garbage but never tell you that you are force-sensitive...If you want to know more, go ahead and ask me. I sent my proposed storyline to Obsidian nearly a month ago and they haven't gotten back to me but I expected as much as they don't read unsolicited storylines and like to avoid outiside influence. I don't want to sound arrogant when I say this but my storyline is good, it could work, it's not too complex, neither corny nor dodge and it covers the alignment and gender problems of Revan and the Exile...If you have questions, ask me and I'll answer what I can. I just wish Obsidian had of read it just for the hell of it.

that sounds a little like Luke in ANH. I mean your parents die and your sent to an outer rim world iwth your force hating uncle.

the force is what gives a jedi his power. its an energy field created by all living things. it surrounds us and penetrates us. it binds the galaxy together

I agree. Although, because of her Force Bond with Revan, she also wants to go looking for him (in her own ship) and is a player-controlled squad leader in certain parts of the game. That is what I would like.

Bastila needs to have at least as much play as Atris and probably as much as Kreia.

I agree Bastila should be a key character, but I don't think you can put her as a "master" in order, because K1 allows a DS ending where she betrays the republic with Revan. Besides, if Revan is set to DS in K2, you'll never meet Bastila except through a couple of holo-vids, where she is decidedly DS.

So while I want her to be in K3, I do think it needs to take both LS and DS Bastila into consideration.

Maybe they can make a prequel after they make the trilogy. Be there when the Jedi teachings started to fail, when the Mandalorian wars started, how Revan got corrupted in the end..?

They could, I guess, but the problem with prequels is that they must be fixed plotwise, since established events dictate how events must unfold. That doesn't sound like a much of a game to me, if you think of them as interactive stories, where you decide the final outcome.

I'd much rather see something like this in the KotOR comic books.

I agree Bastila should be a key character, but I don't think you can put her as a "master" in order, because K1 allows a DS ending where she betrays the republic with Revan. Besides, if Revan is set to DS in K2, you'll never meet Bastila except through a couple of holo-vids, where she is decidedly DS.

So while I want her to be in K3, I do think it needs to take both LS and DS Bastila into consideration.

Well, I do think Bastila would be better off in a Kreia role than an Atris or Vrook role, partly for the reasons you have described.

Bastila is headstrong and does not want everyone prying into what she is doing...she is your teacher but is not hovering over you every 10 minutes (like Kreia).

For the "official" head of the Order, I like a hard-coded LS Exile.

Well, I do think Bastila would be better off in a Kreia role than an Atris or Vrook role, partly for the reasons you have described.

Bastila is headstrong and does not want everyone prying into what she is doing...she is your teacher but is not hovering over you every 10 minutes (like Kreia).

For the "official" head of the Order, I like a hard-coded LS Exile.

Hmm... Bastila as Darth Traya with DS ending...hmm , interesting :devil:

IB1OsQq.png

I agree Bastila should be a key character, but I don't think you can put her as a "master" in order, because K1 allows a DS ending where she betrays the republic with Revan.

It's not uncommon for the alternate endings that a prequel presents to be discarded for a sequel, and to have one of the multiple endings used as a basis for a sequel. Examples would be Fallout 1, where among multiple endings

(including one where the PC may join up with the Master)

only one - saving the wasteland - is taken as a basis for Fallout 2; and Blood Omen: Legacy of Kain, where at the last sequence Kain can decide to sacrifice himself to restore the pillars or rule Nosgoth as a Vampire Lord -

the 'dark' ending where he rules over was the basis for the sequels.

Perhaps, but the tradition is different in the KotOR games - K2 certainly tried hard to take all possible outcomes of K1 into consideration. Besides, disregarding one outcome of K1 or K2 means changing the alignment and/or gender of both Revan and/or the Exile, and if you ask around on these board, you'll notice that there are vehement opposition to any of the possibilities you could mention - we seem to agree only that previous choices should be accepted, and that's probably just because that means our individual perspectives of who and what Revan and the Exile were won't be marked as 'wrong' by canon. So it will raise fan criticism to make such a choice, and I don't think the powers that be will risk that.

But now the problem is you're running into way too many storyline cominations. I mean how many combinations are there now?

LSM Revan, LSM Exile

LSM Revan, LSF Exile

LSM Revan, DSM Exile

LSM Revan, DSF Exile

LSF Revan, LSM Exile

LSF Revan, LSF Exile

LSF Revan, DSM Exile

LSF Revan, DSF Exile

DSM Revan, LSM Exile

DSM Revan, LSF Exile

DSM Revan, DSM Exile

DSM Revan, DSF Exile

DSF Revan, LSM Exile

DSF Revan, LSF Exile

DSF Revan, DSM Exile

DSF Revan, DSF Exile

16 possibilites, 16 different storylines or alternate characters

As opposed to K2 which only had 4, and didn't make much overall impact anyway, but this is at a point where the storylines need to be wrapped up in a well-developed manner (we didn't play 2 games just to see it end in a mere conversation or two)

DAWUSS

Dawes ain't too bright. Hitting rock bottom is when you leave 2 tickets on the dash of your car, leave it unlocked hoping someone will steal them & when you come back, there are 4 tickets on your dashboard.

I'd like to see fewer cases where your dialogue options change your alignment and more cases where your alignment changes your dialogue options.  If your character is strongly LS, strongly DS options should be grayed out or absent completely.  Not always, of course, because you want to be able to develop your alignment, but I'd like to see a mix of the two approaches in one game.

I have mixed feelings about this, but have also though the same way. On the one hand, I like it because it stops people from suddenly doing the odd "so obviously evil/good" thing to get the better reward type stuff. But on the other hand, it makes things a bit less versatile.

My first playthrough of KOTOR had me being a pretty nice guy, and trying my best to be a good Jedi. But there were times when, because of my rushed training, I would pick "bad" things, trying to justify them as being for the greater good (the odd exploitation of people type stuff). And when I went to Korriban, I knew I had to embrace the Sith ways otherwise I'd get detected. I felt I was strong enough to keep up the facade. But the seed of taint had been planted.

When I went to Manaan, Bastila was gone (4th planet), so I lost my primary guide for staying true to the lightside. And when I was finally alone without any party members, the guys that tried to kill me underwater made me so angry that I killed them! When I returned to the surface....I was not the same person that I was when I went down.

It was cool fun to RP like that :D

the devs/designers/publisher have already hardcoded things that were user-defined in previous games.

one example (and it may be the only blatant example other than the fact that they

added backstory to Revan after his redemption

) is the fact that

Bastila lives even though it was possible to kill her in K1

so, while it may be good form to keep some things variable, some hard-coding of previous characters/endings is unavoidable.

there is only one story that is continuity and that is the LS ending with no mistakes. everything else is a doggie treat. that is how SW works.

going forward (after K3) the best way to deal with this sort of thing is to just have self-contained stories and not epic trilogies. it is better suited to the era anyway.

Edited by Plano Skywalker

I agree Bastila should be a key character, but I don't think you can put her as a "master" in order, because K1 allows a DS ending where she betrays the republic with Revan.

It's not uncommon for the alternate endings that a prequel presents to be discarded for a sequel, and to have one of the multiple endings used as a basis for a sequel. Examples would be Fallout 1, where among multiple endings

(including one where the PC may join up with the Master)

only one - saving the wasteland - is taken as a basis for Fallout 2; and Blood Omen: Legacy of Kain, where at the last sequence Kain can decide to sacrifice himself to restore the pillars or rule Nosgoth as a Vampire Lord -

the 'dark' ending where he rules over was the basis for the sequels.

I think because, in the developer's eyes anyways (and mine too), joining the Master is not successfully completing the game. The fact that you don't see anything afterwards leads me to believe that you are a not the same person after being dipped in the vat.

I think it's as much of an ending to the game as simply dying is.

Edited by alanschu

I think that Kotor III should allow your character to pick and choose key characters from I,II, and even the III one. How cool would it be to fight alongside Carth or Bastila again?

Key characters (imo) from I and II combined is: Carth, Bastila, Canderous/Mandalore, Atton, Bao-Dur, Revan (:-p), and Visas. It would be nice to see Carth and the female version of Revan be back together. Of course, there would have to be some dialouge options like there was in the beginning of the first one to allow if you got Carth or whoever is in place of Carth for Kotor II..

Oh and you would have to choose Revan's face and the exile's face at the character generation screen so it would have even more storyline possibilities xD.