KotoR 3: Ideas and Suggestions

*harumph* People don't know how to bark back in the nets.

kirottu said:
I was raised by polar bears. I had to fight against blood thirsty wolves and rabid penguins to get my food. Those who were too weak to survive were sent to Sweden.

It has made me the man I am today. A man who craves furry hentai.

So let us go and embrace the rustling smells of unseen worlds

The combat needs a rehaul but real time isnt the way to go. I don't know enough about combat mechanics to suggest an improvement. All i can say is that i don't want it to be a chore with a foregone conclusion.

What they need to do with combat is make it faster by giving better access to powers.

The 1-2-3 buttons/slots for attacks, powers and grenades should be easier to access and change. Now we must drag the mouse and turn the wheel until we get what we want. Same thing with the 4-5-6-7-8 buttons.

Easier access, faster gameplay.

At lvl 12-14 you take on your own apprentice and you teach them, by that i mean actually teach them and not how it works in k2.

I'd be interested in your ideas how to achieve that in a video game. It'd definitely feel more immersive to actually teach rather than just have a few mumbled lines while sitting and then "ding" instant Jedi, but how?

Maybe after a few battles you'd get an oppurtunity to 'teach' them a new skill, or something, and after so many, they'd become full Jedi? I dunno...I'm not an idea-person...which is why I'm asking you what yours are. :thumbsup:

Well, at first they would just level up in the "Force Sensitive" class, they would pipe in every now and then about what the party should be doing, and you tell him/her what you think of their opinion and why. After you've guided them for a good 4 or 5 levels, they become a jedi class based on what you've been teaching them. If you've been emphasizing action, then they become a guardian etc. Have them only able to learn force powers that you already have until they reach full jedi status. Realistically any apprentice you take in the game wouldn't reach full jedi status at all, but its just a game.

Maybe have a choice of apprentices, and those apprentices will take your teachings a different way. Like one will be resistant and headstrong and more likely to turn to the dark side, while one is humble and more likely to go to the light.

The area between the balls and the butt is a hotbed of terrorist activity.

Devastatorsig.jpg

What they need to do is basically break combat down like they did for Neverwinter Nights and Neverwinter Nights 2. Have a set of 36 hot keys using the function keys (with Control and Shift to access all 36) which the player can assign force powers, weapons, usuable items, and so forth.

Also have the party of characters increas to 4 to 5 instead of just 3, and let the player have BG style control over them.

Mind you by doing this you make the game solely for the PC unless the X-Box 360 gets a keyboard and mouse, which is fine by me.

What they need to do is basically break combat down like they did for Neverwinter Nights and Neverwinter Nights 2.  Have a set of 36 hot keys using the function keys (with Control and Shift to access all 36) which the player can assign force powers, weapons, usuable items, and so forth.

Also have the party of characters increas to 4 to 5 instead of just 3, and let the player have BG style control over them.

Mind you by doing this you make the game solely for the PC unless the X-Box 360 gets a keyboard and mouse, which is fine by me.

Good idea, except this game will not be PC exclusive.

I thought the combat for both KOTORs is fine. They just need to fine tune it better. Make force powers less effective. Break force powers down into attributes... Lightning, wind, etc so they are not the trump all power in the game. Also that way, enemies can have better resistance against them.

Then how about this then make the console and the PC version identical except for the GUI. Let the PC GUI make use what I suggested above and the console version uses a more console specific GUI. Trying to make one that works for both is what we got wit hthe first two and it sucked, for both console and computer. Yes, I have both games for both platforms. Don't ask.

If they can make console specific GUI then a PC specific GUI we wouldn't have the problems with the GUI as much.

my take on combat:

* I agree, real time is not the way to go (I wouldn't mind it for boss battles only but that is asking for alot).

* feats and powers should be "treed up" a little better (i.e. very few level one feats and powers, forking off into more 2nd level and then 3rd level). this would tidy it up a bit and introduce some opportunity costs for taking one fork over another.

* the ability to advance in a specific combat form.

* more feats for the defensive-oriented PC.

* better ranged weapons on the high end (while still marginalizing them on the low end).

* more and better AI options.

* squad commands that temporarily override individual AI.

A new ship. The Ebon Hawk is old, tiring and needs to be replaced. Masks and hoods are also a must have for improvements.

Would you EVER replace the Milennium Falcon? :p

The Ebon Hawk is the same to many of us (me too) in the era of KOTOR ;)

NEVER, EVER replace it, maybe ya can have more ships and such, but leave the Ebon Hawk alone! :wub:

In p&p where i'm DM-ing in this era, the chars fly the Ebon Hawk, they don't know where it came from, and will never see Revan and the others,

but they ALL LOVE this ship :huh:

IB1OsQq.png

I still think they need to make it more like the PnP game.  Have both Wound and Vitality.  Use of Force skills instead of using a feat style progression.  That sort of thing.

We should use the identical p&p classes. and rules, so its near the same as KOTOR (they got them from D20 anyway), but would be more effective. (and think of the aviable classes :D )

Edited by jorian

IB1OsQq.png

I think who the PC is going to be will make a big impact on how the game will play. For example, some things would work better if we returned as the Exile or Revan as opposed to some new unheard of individual...

DAWUSS

Dawes ain't too bright. Hitting rock bottom is when you leave 2 tickets on the dash of your car, leave it unlocked hoping someone will steal them & when you come back, there are 4 tickets on your dashboard.

At lvl 12-14 you take on your own apprentice and you teach them, by that i mean actually teach them and not how it works in k2.

I'd be interested in your ideas how to achieve that in a video game. It'd definitely feel more immersive to actually teach rather than just have a few mumbled lines while sitting and then "ding" instant Jedi, but how?

Maybe after a few battles you'd get an oppurtunity to 'teach' them a new skill, or something, and after so many, they'd become full Jedi? I dunno...I'm not an idea-person...which is why I'm asking you what yours are. :)

Well, at first they would just level up in the "Force Sensitive" class, they would pipe in every now and then about what the party should be doing, and you tell him/her what you think of their opinion and why. After you've guided them for a good 4 or 5 levels, they become a jedi class based on what you've been teaching them. If you've been emphasizing action, then they become a guardian etc. Have them only able to learn force powers that you already have until they reach full jedi status. Realistically any apprentice you take in the game wouldn't reach full jedi status at all, but its just a game.

Maybe have a choice of apprentices, and those apprentices will take your teachings a different way. Like one will be resistant and headstrong and more likely to turn to the dark side, while one is humble and more likely to go to the light.

Hey, i like that idea. It's along the lines of what i thought but you are obviously more creative than i am.

I'd like a choice of apprentices too but you should only be allowed one. But how would that work? Would you find a different 1 on each planet or would all of them be on the first planet you visit?

Another great idea by the people who brought you beer milkshakes!

"I don't see a problem...then again, SW isn't my life, so what do I know...." - some who makes 27.8 post per day on a SW forum!

Hey, i like that idea. It's along the lines of what i thought but you are obviously more creative than i am.

I'd like a choice of apprentices too but you should only be allowed one. But how would that work? Would you find a different 1 on each planet or would all of them be on the first planet you visit?

Well the way I'd handle it would be either randomly chosen every time you start a new game, with a variable that stores whether or not you've had one of them before so you don't get the same one twice in a row, or have like a story event where you're raised to be a knight or whatever, and the council tells you that they are considering assigning you an apprentice. You can talk to each one and decide which one you'd like. There would be various options on your character's reasoning behind the decision like you feel they'll be a challenge, or you feel you'll just get along better, or you sense great potential, that sort of thing. Doesn't really matter, just allows a bit of roleplaying. Either way if a lot of work goes into the scripting for each individual apprentice that could lead to 6 different ways to play through the game right there. One with each apprentice, dark and light paths.

The area between the balls and the butt is a hotbed of terrorist activity.

Devastatorsig.jpg

They should make masks that look cool like Nilihus mask. Too bad you couldn't wear it in the game. An idea is if it'sa DS item it should give you DS points, one time,  if you put it on.

I really think it would be cool to have Nihilus as main char, Exile just beaten him up, and left him there powerless, just think of it: he would have vanished if he would been dead. Thats the way of DS/LS users to do when they r dead <_<

He could have amnesy as Revan did :)

BTW, he was not really worked out, feels like a quick patcxh-work to me, I mean the char of him.

We just beaten him/her (? no-one seen him, so this could be a possibility for char makin)

in the ship, not to much story for the part of him/her, and never talked(humanly) too, like the main chars from KOTOR 1-2 :ph34r:

IB1OsQq.png

Well the way I'd handle it would be either randomly chosen every time you start a new game, with a variable that stores whether or not you've had one of them before so you don't get the same one twice in a row, or have like a story event where you're raised to be a knight or whatever, and the council tells you that they are considering assigning you an apprentice. You can talk to each one and decide which one you'd like. There would be various options on your character's reasoning behind the decision like you feel they'll be a challenge, or you feel you'll just get along better, or you sense great potential, that sort of thing. Doesn't really matter, just allows a bit of roleplaying. Either way if a lot of work goes into the scripting for each individual apprentice that could lead to 6 different ways to play through the game right there. One with each apprentice, dark and light paths.

I though that you could be assigned your padawan by the council but the choice is made through certain dialog options. But i also like the idea of a choice.

It would really take a lot of time and effort for the dev to implement this but it would be so worth it in the end.

Another great idea by the people who brought you beer milkshakes!

"I don't see a problem...then again, SW isn't my life, so what do I know...." - some who makes 27.8 post per day on a SW forum!

They need to do a completion on Revan and where Revan went. Let's see what is going on in the Unknown Regions.

War is Peace, Freedom is Slavery, Ignorance is Strength

Baldur's Gate modding
TeamBG
Baldur's Gate modder/community leader
Baldur's Gate - Enhanced Edition beta tester
Baldur's Gate 2 - Enhanced Edition beta tester

Icewind Dale - Enhanced Edition beta tester