KotoR 3: Ideas and Suggestions

think of Dxun part II, (multithreaded adventure). I want that to be the norm. That way, we have to use all of our shipmates not just the same ones every time.

oh, yes, and some adventures need to be away from the starport...so far that we have to swoop bike to them....I don't care if it is real time or just cutscreens but we need to use the swoop bikes in game once in a while.

rideable mounts wouldn't be bad either (world-specific)

and some sort of ice world is an absolute must, IMO.

I think weiser cain has the best idea so far.

maybe, but the suggestion is also pretty damn meaningless too.

A) people want a compelling core storyline.

B) people want lots of choices and they want those choices to matter.

this would be okie dokie if the (A) people and the (B) people were not the same, but they are... and they not seem to see no tensions 'tween what they is asking for.

HA! Good Fun!

"If there be time to expose through discussion the falsehood and fallacies, to avert the evil by the processes of education, the remedy to be applied is more speech, not enforced silence."Justice Louis Brandeis, Concurring, Whitney v. California, 274 U.S. 357 (1927)

"Im indifferent to almost any murder as long as it doesn't affect me or mine."--Gfted1 (September 30, 2019)

Guest The Architect

Well, one thing for sure is, I want to go a new character in K3 and I have a backstory of this new character to cover things so it's not corny. I'd make it that your character was born on the world of Talvarin which is the homeworld of Bastila Shan. You were originally supposed to be given to the Jedi Order just like Bastila was but your parents died and you were handed over to your uncle and aunty who are your last living relatives. And they live on the world of Exocron, a world lingering on the borders of the unknown regions, way out in the south of the outer-rim far away from the Republic. So the Jedi Order didn't know about you and you were never told that you could use the force because your uncle and aunty hated force-sensitives, etc and neglected you.

this would be okie dokie if the (A) people and the (B) people were not the same, but they are... and they not seem to see no tensions 'tween what they is asking for.

HA! Good Fun!

I have heard that Indigo Prophecy (the modern day icon of the Adventure Game) has multiple endings. I don't know from first hand experience but a guy at the local game shop swears it is true.

If an ultra-linear adventure game can have different endings, then an RPG sure can.

But Balder's Gate is the example I would point to: compelling story (yes, it uses the PC's own backstory to help it along but I think that is pretty much a given for the KOTOR games), lots of side quests, and party management options. Not to mention the ability to dual class (of all the things!).

True, Balder's Gate used a voice-over narrator to help tell the story while the KOTOR games tell the story through NPC convos (which is better, I admit). So, the argument goes, with this kind of storytelling, you can't have party management.

I would argue that you can. Basically, you would have an inner circle and an outer circle. The inner circle NPCs cannot be replaced (nor can they be killed off). The outer circle NPCs can be replaced (and can actually die on the missions).

There is also something to be said for "passengers" who need to go from one world to another. As they are about to leave the ship, they tell their bit of the tale....there is also ship-to-ship transmissions, ghost visitations and many other ways to tell the story in a more immersive way....shipmate convos are but one way to do that.

Guest The Architect
I wouldn't like any voiceover for my character. Not even battlecries. And certainly not dialogue lines. The different PC's will speak in different ways and will say things differently. With a line, depending on the PC, it might be said with exasperation, restrained anger, resignation etc. I wouldn't like to listen to a voice actor say the lines differently from the way I know my PC would. I know when he/she will pause, when he/she will mutter, when he/she will be stunned to momentery silance. This would different for all of the PC's and as I said before, I'd rather my imagination supply how I know my PC would speak than have it block out an actor saying it differently. I know there are people who would find this a most interesting feature, but I just wouldn't like it.

Exactly Reajeasa! As an example, when I go a DS character and I might just be asking questions like 'What do you want?' I like to imagine my character saying that with a real attitude problem. In fact, I think having the main character muted was one of the best ideas in the KOTOR Series.

i'm sure wesier mean't that your decisions have a greater effect on the course of the game. such as killing a semi-important person, like an exchange boss, effecting how the exchange views you on new planets. being able to interact more organically with each individual planet would be sweet.

Instead of having flat out create a character selection screen if Revan should appear, why not do what they did KOTOR II? Sometime in the beginning you choose the alignment/sex, then later, you take control of Bastila if the character is male, Carth if female or Canderous if female/ds. They describe Revan in some sort of romantic (except for Canderous who goes on to say that she loved the pilot or so it seemed...) Here is an example.

"His eyes, brightning up the morning sky in a stunning . His skin, warm, when his arms held me...his hair that shined in the lightness of the force."

You get the picture. :cool:

Seen as the other thread that i posted this in was locked, i thought i would just copy and paste it in here.

What i would like to see out of K3

Story-wise i'm not bothered as long as it finishes the trilogy off well, but if they can't then it migh be better to start with a fresh story. But there are 2 things i'd really like to see.

1 - more master/apprentice stuff. For example, at the beggining of the game, upto lvl 8, your master trains you, like kreia does. Then you go off on your own (for what ever reason). At lvl 12-14 you take on your own apprentice and you teach them, by that i mean actually teach them and not how it works in k2.

2 - A more in-depth process of creating your lightsaber. Going on special quests for the parts and atleast a short cut scence showing the building and meditation that is required in the construction of the lightsaber.

Another great idea by the people who brought you beer milkshakes!

"I don't see a problem...then again, SW isn't my life, so what do I know...." - some who makes 27.8 post per day on a SW forum!

1 - more master/apprentice stuff. For example, at the beggining of the game, upto lvl 8, your master trains you, like kreia does. Then you go off on your own (for what ever reason). At lvl 12-14 you take on your own apprentice and you teach them, by that i mean actually teach them and not how it works in k2.

Yeah, have only one apprentice, and have that relationship a lot more in depth.

The area between the balls and the butt is a hotbed of terrorist activity.

Devastatorsig.jpg

A new ship. The Ebon Hawk is old, tiring and needs to be replaced. Masks and hoods are also a must have for improvements.

War is Peace, Freedom is Slavery, Ignorance is Strength

Baldur's Gate modding
TeamBG
Baldur's Gate modder/community leader
Baldur's Gate - Enhanced Edition beta tester
Baldur's Gate 2 - Enhanced Edition beta tester

Icewind Dale - Enhanced Edition beta tester

If we are toi have a new ship, I want it to be a fighter jet, not some flying house with guns

DAWUSS

Dawes ain't too bright. Hitting rock bottom is when you leave 2 tickets on the dash of your car, leave it unlocked hoping someone will steal them & when you come back, there are 4 tickets on your dashboard.

Yeah, have only one apprentice, and have that relationship a lot more in depth.

But how would you recruit your apprentice? I'd like it if they would join your party as your apprentice rather than as in k1 where they are an existing party member.

"I don't see a problem...then again, SW isn't my life, so what do I know...." - some who makes 27.8 post per day on a SW forum!

At lvl 12-14 you take on your own apprentice and you teach them, by that i mean actually teach them and not how it works in k2.

I'd be interested in your ideas how to achieve that in a video game. It'd definitely feel more immersive to actually teach rather than just have a few mumbled lines while sitting and then "ding" instant Jedi, but how?

Maybe after a few battles you'd get an oppurtunity to 'teach' them a new skill, or something, and after so many, they'd become full Jedi? I dunno...I'm not an idea-person...which is why I'm asking you what yours are. :blink:

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

How about creating your whole party, similar to Temple of Elemental Evil?

There could be restrictions for story purposes, like creating characters out of 3 females and 5 males, prenamed so the player cannot choose the names.

Basically, you would just level them up from scratch, with choices of appearance.

Judge LiveJournal, you don't have to read that thread or post into it, if it bother you so much. We all know your sentiments. Unless you have something worth reading or at least constructive to add, go bother Gabs or whatever it is you do with your free time, because whining isn't exaclty needed in this thread. Okay?

kirottu said:
I was raised by polar bears. I had to fight against blood thirsty wolves and rabid penguins to get my food. Those who were too weak to survive were sent to Sweden.

It has made me the man I am today. A man who craves furry hentai.

So let us go and embrace the rustling smells of unseen worlds

That's your best shot? :)

kirottu said:
I was raised by polar bears. I had to fight against blood thirsty wolves and rabid penguins to get my food. Those who were too weak to survive were sent to Sweden.

It has made me the man I am today. A man who craves furry hentai.

So let us go and embrace the rustling smells of unseen worlds

At lvl 12-14 you take on your own apprentice and you teach them, by that i mean actually teach them and not how it works in k2.

I'd be interested in your ideas how to achieve that in a video game. It'd definitely feel more immersive to actually teach rather than just have a few mumbled lines while sitting and then "ding" instant Jedi, but how?

Maybe after a few battles you'd get an oppurtunity to 'teach' them a new skill, or something, and after so many, they'd become full Jedi? I dunno...I'm not an idea-person...which is why I'm asking you what yours are. :)

I'd like it to be a bit like how kreia teaches you various things about the force and certain powers. I'd like to see a few cut scenes and dialog sequences, where you teach them about the force and maybe a couple of times where you actually teach them certain special force powers. For example, battle meditation or force crush.