KotoR 3: Ideas and Suggestions

Way too much data.

Your character has close to half of the dialog in the game, maybe a bit less, because not every dialog is between your character and someone else.

To keep it easier, I just say that it's half of the dialog.

That means that you have to double the dialog by giving your character a voice. It's tripled, if you consider that there has to be a male and a female voice. If you want to give the player a choice, you need at least three voices for both genders, so you are now at seven time the amount of data that you have in KOTOR I and II.

You would need a whole DVD just for the soundfiles...

I suppose they could do what they did in KOTOR and have *Your* player mumble something like "yeah" or "what" (I think this is what he said sometimes in KOTOR) when you select him from the squad. that should take up 4, maybe 6 sond files, a few Kbytes each, not too demanding for the voice actor/actress :wacko:

Edited by aerowars617

Please feel free to contribute to the ongoing discussion. There is a lot of interest in this topic and keeping input centralised and presented in a clear and articulate manner will have more impact and influence than posting to the contrary :thumbsup:

Please do not post if you do not have anything constructive to add. There are new members arriving all of the time - so post with respect and in a constructive nature. If you do not, I will act as though the intent is to SPAM!

I am well aware that there is no perfect solution for those who have been members for a long time and who find this ongoing discussion problematic - to say the least. I know that K3 threads are touchy items for you trollish denizens - to be specific - but do remember this may be a new topic for people who arrive in our community. So I would ... no I expect respectful treatment. If you do not want to talk about K3 - THEN DO NOT POST! Treat anyone - especially those new travellers from out Cyberway - without courtesy and hospitality makes the Big Green ornery ...

See previous threads:

The universe is change;
your life is what our thoughts make it
- Marcus Aurelius (161)

:dragon:

i hope they pay more attention to the items. they should have a seperate item quest section like they do with a side mission. this way you don't get the best rope in the game by killing a guard! i love the random drop but not for the best items.

in general if they could open up the worlds and make this game really long that would be sweet. hopefully obsidian has been working on this game since the release of K2 (in know its just sepculation) because if it does come out next year i know it won't be that long.

i know the combat needs to change but i hope they use something unique. i did not like jade empire's combat system and it did not blend power and combat well. plus the way the arts (combat forms) were used was highly overrated, so whatever system they use i hope it blends the lightsaber/force power combat well and takes at advantage of the lightsaber and force forms.

Decent clothing/armour. Fully customisable. And in black. (it annoys me that the villains always seem to look better than the PCs)

HK47: Commentary: It is not possible to destroy the master. It is suggested that you run while my blasters warm, meatbags.

Bastila to Revan: You are easily the vainest, most arrogant man I have ever met!

Canderous to Bastila: Insults? Maybe if your master had trained your lightsaber to be as quick as your tongue you could have escaped those Vulkars, you spoiled little Jedi princess!

I wouldn't like any voiceover for my character. Not even battlecries. And certainly not dialogue lines. The different PC's will speak in different ways and will say things differently. With a line, depending on the PC, it might be said with exasperation, restrained anger, resignation etc. I wouldn't like to listen to a voice actor say the lines differently from the way I know my PC would. I know when he/she will pause, when he/she will mutter, when he/she will be stunned to momentery silance. This would different for all of the PC's and as I said before, I'd rather my imagination supply how I know my PC would speak than have it block out an actor saying it differently. I know there are people who would find this a most interesting feature, but I just wouldn't like it.

Better masks would definitely be a plus. :)

I know this has been said a million times (like other things in this thread), but I gotta say it again: get a better DS appearance for the characters. Come up with something intimidating, not something that makes the characters look like they've aged 50 years and have the plague.

Better masks would definitely be a plus. :) 

I know this has been said a million times (like other things in this thread), but I gotta say it again: get a better DS appearance for the characters.  Come up with something intimidating, not something that makes the characters look like they've aged 50 years and have the plague.

Thats the bad side of DS :D

Hmm...

DS guys always get ugly, but the girls just get cooler :)

IB1OsQq.png

Better masks would definitely be a plus. :huh: 

I know this has been said a million times (like other things in this thread), but I gotta say it again: get a better DS appearance for the characters.  Come up with something intimidating, not something that makes the characters look like they've aged 50 years and have the plague.

Thats the bad side of DS :D

Hmm...

DS guys always get ugly, but the girls just get cooler :)

black market plastic surgeons, for the sith on the go :)