When Fraps doesn't work

LadyCrimson

Is there any way to make an avi movie from a game that's old enough to not be supported/noticable by Fraps-type technology? Fraps will record the intro movie but the game itself is apparently invisible.

Edit - I have a program that will take screenshots of the game in question (Fraps doesn't...), but it doesn't do movies.

Edited by LadyCrimson
“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

:ermm:

Maybe I should add this is probably a Glide-related thing...

Edited by LadyCrimson
“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

No...it's a video format/directx thing. Fraps doesn't capture the movies in Diablo2, either...similar thing.

I use Hyperionics in cases like this, which specifies that it "Snags also those difficult-to-grab screens from DirectX

:)

I haven't found an answer yet myself, if indeed there is one. Frustrating. If I could figure out how to run the game in a window and wanted to spend a lot of money on video-presentation capture software, there might be a couple ways, but...no. I guess I shall remain Dk1 movie-less.