getting rid of everything re installing

hey guys i would like to know, i uninstalled kotor2 last night and when i tried to re install it wouldint let me is their a way i can get rid of everythingincluding mods from kotor and be sure i have im not to good with comps so any help would be great

If you want to delete manually, use the windows search and enter kotor for all files and folders. That should bring them all up including the windows prefetch which usually doesnt get deleted for some reason.

iv been tryin to re install i cleaned everything off but when installing i get a message that sais feature:star wars knights of the old republic 2: The sith lords_files

component: default component

file: D:\data2.cab

error"Incorrect function

im not sure on how to fix this any help would be great

did you reboot your computer after cleaning everything out, before trying to install?

clean everything out

reboot

check to make sure everythings gone

reboot again (even if you dont find anything)

try re-installing

make sure you dont have a link to it in Start/programs/tab

hasnt helped i dont suppose a mod could help me out here>

Stupid Question but did you use the "uninstall" feature when you removed KOTOR 2 from your system? If you didn't there may be entries left in your registry that are causing you problems.

"I'm god. I may not be 'The God', but I'm definately a god." - Ground Hog's Day

Visit: http://www.paulvomero.com/

hasnt helped i dont suppose a mod could help me out here>

Stupid Question but did you use the "uninstall" feature when you removed KOTOR 2 from your system? If you didn't there may be entries left in your registry that are causing you problems.

That isn't a stupid question. I think that it is quite possible that he didn't use the "un-install".

Lou Gutman, P.I.- It's like I'm not even trying anymore!
http://theatomicdanger.iforumer.com/index....theatomicdanger

One billion b-balls dribbling simultaneously throughout the galaxy. One trillion b-balls being slam dunked through a hoop throughout the galaxy. I can feel every single b-ball that has ever existed at my fingertips. I can feel their collective knowledge channeling through my viens. Every jumpshot, every rebound and three-pointer, every layup, dunk, and free throw. I am there.