NPC guide for KOTOR2?

I like the story and gameplay, but I don't enjoy having to figure out the best options for building each NPC. In KOTOR1, I used this guide, which claimed to produce better NPCs than the Auto Levelup. Does anyone know of a similar guide for KOTOR2?

Edited by kaborka

I guess it depends what weapons you want them to use, if there lightsabers or something like a sword then you should work on things like fury and master heal.

If there ranged then work on things like master shot or w/e and things that give your weapongs bonuses.

In all honesty, since combat is so simple/easy, it doesn't matter...pick one or two combat skills to Master/pump & the attribute points/AI setting to match and they'll be fine.

And almost anything is better than the Auto-level up "feature." :wub:

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

The biggest problem with auto level up is that it doesn't take into account what alignment your NPCs are. For instance, it will give NPCs you've converted to good jedi the dark side power scream.

Generally I auto-choose NPC feats and skills, but manually choose my NPC's force powers, except with Kreia, who as a neutral jedi may use either light or dark powers with no penalty.

Edited by GreasyDogMeat

best combo for melee attack IMO is Master Power Attack and master speed, so each of ur 4 attacks (with a double bladed or 2 lightsabers) is huge. Flurry is also good. a good guide to follow:

Melee fighters = force powers that affect themselves (speed, valour etc)

Force users = force powers that affect others (storm, choke etc)

Sentinals = in between :huh: tho when I played through, it was frustrating when they kept saving my force attacks!

there are many guides out there, just look at gamefaqs or somewhere else.

Ya, in KotOR1 I mastered Flurry, Speed and a few LS powers for my PC, and followed the guide for the NPCs. I never bothered to learn the D&D point systems, so I would prefer an explicit guide to leveling up the NPCs, e.g., "At level 6, give Keira xyz". Guess if none is available I'll make do. Wis and Cha seem to be best for maxing force powers, iirc. Not sure what's best for skills, or attribs for non-jedi NPCs.

Thanks for the suggestions.

I just picked whatever powers/skills/etc. that looked "cool" for my NPCs when I leveled them up with no thought towards building the "best" possible NPC.

Yep im afriad that was the same with me :blink:

me too. I don't care that my LSF Jedi Guardian Weaponmaster runs around using Force Kill, Force Storm, and Plague

DAWUSS

Dawes ain't too bright. Hitting rock bottom is when you leave 2 tickets on the dash of your car, leave it unlocked hoping someone will steal them & when you come back, there are 4 tickets on your dashboard.

I just auto-level. I only care about my character.

Lou Gutman, P.I.- It's like I'm not even trying anymore!
http://theatomicdanger.iforumer.com/index....theatomicdanger

One billion b-balls dribbling simultaneously throughout the galaxy. One trillion b-balls being slam dunked through a hoop throughout the galaxy. I can feel every single b-ball that has ever existed at my fingertips. I can feel their collective knowledge channeling through my viens. Every jumpshot, every rebound and three-pointer, every layup, dunk, and free throw. I am there.