The Krath Still Alive And Well On Onderon?

After traveling to Onderon Satal Keto and his cousin, Aleema, formed the Krath, a secret society of social elites who dabbled with the Dark side and Sith magic. This society may have sprung up once again on Onderon in TSL. Do you think the Krath are behind the current unrest on Onderon? Also do you think the Krath could be part of a larger plot to resurrect Freedon Nadd?

Edit: If you didn't already know the Krath were fromed just before the Sith War. At the pinnacle of the Krath's power they had control of the Empress Teta system and had allied themselves with Exar Kun and Ulic Qel-Droma. Satal Keto was killed by Ulic Qel-Droma when Ulic was overcome by a Dark rage. Satal's death finalized Ulic's fall to the Dark side. Aleema was killed towards the end of the war when she, at the cost of her own life, detonated the supergiant stars within the Cron cluster, sending a deadly shockwave of destruction toward Ossus, the Jedi stronghold world.

Cheers!

After traveling to Onderon Satal Keto and his cousin, Aleema, formed the Krath, a secret society of social elites who dabbled with the Dark side and Sith magic. This society may have sprung up once again on Onderon in TSL. Do you think the Krath are behind the current unrest on Onderon? Also do you think the Krath could be part of a larger plot to resurrect Freedon Nadd?

*Very* interesting. You might just have unraveled the identity of those guys with the shoulder robes on the screenshots.

Zwangvolle Plage!

M

*Very* interesting. You might just have unraveled the identity of those guys with the shoulder robes on the screenshots.

hmm im not really clued up on sw history but it seems very plausable ;)

Cool idea!

If remants of the Krath are in still working on Onderon they probably will be the ones causing unrest there. Since you visit the Dxun moon as well(Isn't that were the Tomb of Freedon Nadd is?) maybe there'll be some residual dark side energy emanating from there.

I don't think the Krath themselves would be powerful enough to become Sith Lords though. They didn't have access to all the Sith teachings and I doubt Exar Kun or Ulic Qel-Droma eagerly revealed Sith secrets to that power hungry group.

I dont think kotor will be mixed up with the EU like that. Even though kotor is EU, it is computer EU. Its fine to talk about what happened, like they talked about Kun in K1. But NO MIXING  :)

I agree with you. Even though the theory is a good one, I also feel that there will be no mixing. But if they do put the Krath in, there will be no one that is in the EU books etc. They might serve a role similare to the ones of the Mandalorians in KOTOR.

I dont think kotor will be mixed up with the EU like that. Even though kotor is EU, it is computer EU. Its fine to talk about what happened, like they talked about Kun in K1. But NO MIXING  :blink:

I don't think they will bring back characters from the old Krath in TSL. Mainly because most of them died in the war. What I am thinking is the survivors and the descendants of the old Krath have remained in the shadows on Onderon, slowly regaining their former strength and waiting until the time was right to exact their revenge. Revan and Malak's war would have presented the right opportunity to strike since the Republic would be too busy to respond to what seems like a small rebellion on Onderon. Freedon Nadd is the one who passed the ancient Sith teachings on to the Krath. He taught them how to use the Dark side and taught them Sith magic. Hence he is kind of like the Krath's unofficial leader since Satal Keto and Aleema are both dead. Therefore they could be trying to reclaim their former glory by retaking the Empress Teta system and resurrecting Freedon Nadd so he may once again share the secrets of the Dark side with the Krath. The Krath would then be poised to once again full fill their dreams of destroying the Republic.

Cheers!

I dont think kotor will be mixed up with the EU like that. Even though kotor is EU, it is computer EU. Its fine to talk about what happened, like they talked about Kun in K1. But NO MIXING  :blink:

I don't think they will bring back characters from the old Krath in TSL. Mainly because most of them died in the war. What I am thinking is the survivors and the descendants of the old Krath have remained in the shadows on Onderon, slowing regaining their former strength and waiting until the time was right to exact their revenge. Revan and Malak's war would have presented the right opportunity to strike since the Republic would be too busy to respond to what seems like a small rebellion on Onderon. Now the reason I bring up Freedon Nadd is because he is the one who passed the ancient Sith teachings on to the Krath. He taught them how to control the Dark side and Sith magic

"Some men see things as they are and say why?"
"I dream things that never were and say why not?"
- George Bernard Shaw

"Hope in reality is the worst of all evils because it prolongs the torments of man."
- Friedrich Nietzsche

"The amount of energy necessary to refute bull**** is an order of magnitude bigger than to produce it."

- Some guy 

That sounds not entirely impossible. It would definately suit the darker feel of TSL.

Just think of it, if your PC is a Sith you will be able to return the Krath to their former glory. Not only will the Krath retake the Empress Teta system but they may prove themselves useful as an ally later on in the game. As far as Freedon Nadd goes the Krath will probably either resurrect his spirit or give you his belongings from his tomb. If your PC is a Jedi you will be able to stomp out the Krath once and for all and make sure Freedon Nadd stays destroyed. Plus the Queen of Onderon and her people who are now free to fight the Sith may prove to be an ally to you and the Republic later on in the game. I wonder if we will encounter any Beast Rider Warriors on Onderon. That would be pretty cool since they are the ones who helped Ulic Qel-Droma topple Freedon Nadd's descendent Queen Amanoa. Has anybody seen any screens of Onderon or Dxun? Queen Amanoa wasn't Freedon Nadd's only descendent on Onderon King Ommin was one as well. Could the Nadd bloodline have continued all these years and still be on Onderon or Dxun?

Cheers!

Evil cults and ancient heritages of dark side power in an underground society. I like it.

It seems that the first game had a lot of history behind Exar Kun and Ulic Qel-Droma. I wonder if KotOR2 will follow up on these characters. However, I feel Obsidian is trying to create their own story. Nonetheless a viable theory.

Hmm, I don't know if I like the idea or notm althrough I don't know the story you mention.. but I wonder if it'd really go? Hasn't the idea of "dark side users want to resurrect a Sith Lord" already been used in JA?

Not that it'd dislike seeing it; it'd be cool if there were other evils than the Sith only popping up here and there who wants to gain power or just cause trouble now that neither the Republic nor the Jedi are there to stop them (and the sith probably wouldn't care unless one of the groups became a serious threat). And it'd be cool to resurrect this Freedon Nadd if it's indeed possible to do so. But I wonder how usuable the idea is...

Despite the fact that many people who've played KOTOR has a negative view on it, I'm still very optimistic about the Februari release and can't wait to get my paws on the game :D

and just saying we could resurrect him what would his purpose be? DS = ALLY, LS = ENEMY, DS AND LS = ENEMY, vice versa? wouldnt lucas arts be all over it? (i dont know much about the eu so im just wondering) :lol:

Gee, I dunno, really. If he were an ally, he could give you soem advice and/or teach you soem new things. And as he becoems the Shadow Ruler of Onderon, you'll also have his support from there. Or if only his ghost form can be brought back, you might hear him prophetsy of your destiny or something like that, as he did first time he appeared. If he's an enemy and you're a darksider, through, you could absorb some of his power/knowledge by defeating him and thus gain a few more new abilities. As if for if you're light side.. I'm not sure... ;)

Despite the fact that many people who've played KOTOR has a negative view on it, I'm still very optimistic about the Februari release and can't wait to get my paws on the game :D

I think Freedon Nadd was utterly destoyed by Exar Kun. Exar Kun got tired of Nadd's spirit whispering and taunting into his ear and destroyed his spirit with the power of a Sith amulet he found on Yavin 4.

That's what Exar Kun believed, but maybe his spirit was just disipated, or imprisoned somewhere?

Everyone knows Science Fiction is really cool. You know what PoE really needs? Spaceships! There isn't any game that wouldn't be improved by a space combat minigame. Adding one to PoE would send sales skyrocketing, and ensure the game was remembered for all time!!!!!

It seems to be a very intriguing idea, krath on onderon. Hmmmm, that would be nice to see. Why don't u want to see EU in KOTOR 2? ;) EU is just as much a part of the SW universe as KOTOR. Note that not all books, comics and fan fiction are considered EU, it has to be approved by Lucas Film or somebody up there before it can become apart of EU cannon. I don't think I'd want to see the resurection of freedon nad though, like someone else said, it'd be too remincent of Jedi Academy. But just the krath being there is an intriguing idea.

The latest Game Spot preview combined with the screenshots does give the idea that one of the groups on Onderon is an evil academy of some sort.

The demo focused on areas of the planet Onderon, a new locale in the game...

so obviously both areas that they are talking about are on Onderon

...Another section of Onderon that was shown had a less friendly space to explore. Due to a rather unpleasant disagreement/uprising going on, there were quite a few corpses littering the ground. This segment lets you mix it up with armored Sith troops, and it had the same party of three characters going through a series of bridges that had force fields and troops aplenty to deal with....

Armored Sith and plenty of Troops: On the trailer and the screenshots there are Dark Jedi (the ninja looking type), shoulder-robe-and-gloves-people, Sith troopers, and Lightsaber wielding Sith all attacking the main character on that area which I presume is the 'less friendly space' that they are referring to. We know who the Dark Jedi and the Sith are; but that there is another group wearing a uniform, accompanying them suggest to me that the Sith could be supporting an evil order on Onderon. They are using ordinary swords, though. The last bit on the trailer where the DS female player force chokes also features a shoulder-robe-gloves-guy as the victim -- but his head is covered again in ninja-fashion.

The last area was an underground stretch. This is where you have your first unpleasant encounter with Darth Sion, a Sith Lord with a pretty unique look.

I though the 'first encounter' was elsewhere; but anyway this implies that there is an underground stretch in Onderon where we get to meet Sion. I presume he leads the Sith, and the shoulder-robe-people up in the 'less friendly area' of the planet.

Aren't the Krath supposed to be lightsaber users? Then those shoulder-robe-guys we see on the trailer and the screenshots aren't Krath. Nevertheless there seem to be some hints, that those guys are part of an evil institution on Onderon. The gloves could be hinting at their noble descent.

Another thing that this suggests is that after all, the Sith Lords might have partitioned Malak's army among themselves ---hence the Sith-trooper-types still running around.

Zwangvolle Plage!

M

Hmm, I don't know if I like the idea or notm althrough I don't know the story you mention.. but I wonder if it'd really go? Hasn't the idea of "dark side users want to resurrect a Sith Lord" already been used in JA?

Not that it'd dislike seeing it; it'd be cool if there were other evils than the Sith only popping up here and there who wants to gain power or just cause trouble now that neither the Republic nor the Jedi are there to stop them (and the sith probably wouldn't care unless one of the groups became a serious threat). And it'd be cool to resurrect this Freedon Nadd if it's indeed possible to do so. But I wonder how usuable the idea is...

"Ressurecting" a Sith Lord was done in Jedi Academy and was a poor plotline. Obsidian should NOT repeat that mistake or it will stain the KOTOR name horribly.

Maybe there was something in Freedon Nadd's tomb that Exar Kun didn't pilfer though...... ;)