Interview with KOTOR comic writer!

• 4 weeks later...

I got a hold of issue one completely by accident - I just happened to walk into the comic shop and there it was! I think it may have been fate. So I set up a monthly reservation then and there.

It's pretty good. The art looks quite nice and thw writing's okay, but with just one issue, it's hard to see how it'll turn out (As it's being imported for me, I'll have to wait another week or so). It could be very good, and seeing a LS Miraluka was pretty cool - if she is LS...

If they have new comics coming out from the TotJ and KoTOR eras I need to go hang out at the comic book stores.

War is Peace, Freedom is Slavery, Ignorance is Strength

Baldur's Gate modding
TeamBG
Baldur's Gate modder/community leader
Baldur's Gate - Enhanced Edition beta tester
Baldur's Gate 2 - Enhanced Edition beta tester

Icewind Dale - Enhanced Edition beta tester

I see how it is. Make an incomplete game and then use it as a premise to create a bunch of comics, novels and other stuff to bring in money because you've got the fanbase hooked and desperate for - anything - to do with the title.

Meh.

The comic does look good though. I don't like how they've handled the Jedi though.

HK47: Commentary: It is not possible to destroy the master. It is suggested that you run while my blasters warm, meatbags.

Bastila to Revan: You are easily the vainest, most arrogant man I have ever met!

Canderous to Bastila: Insults? Maybe if your master had trained your lightsaber to be as quick as your tongue you could have escaped those Vulkars, you spoiled little Jedi princess!

I don't think that they're doing this because TSL was incomplete, it's pretty much because the fans really want it.

And I also don't like how the Jedi were handled - especially seeing as, from the language, it seems as if the Jedi Order are sending Jedi to fight in the Mandalorian Wars. Maybe it's just that the wording threw me off.

I don't think that they're doing this because TSL was incomplete, it's pretty much because the fans really want it.

Maybe. Love your webcomic btw. Especially the "sabre spoon". Made me laugh. :)

HK47: Commentary: It is not possible to destroy the master. It is suggested that you run while my blasters warm, meatbags.

Bastila to Revan: You are easily the vainest, most arrogant man I have ever met!

Canderous to Bastila: Insults? Maybe if your master had trained your lightsaber to be as quick as your tongue you could have escaped those Vulkars, you spoiled little Jedi princess!

not only is there a new KOTOR comic series (monthly, it appears), they have also reprinted the older Tales of the Jedi comics in trade paperback form.

a *Trade Paperback* is when they take all the comics from a certain story arch and bundle them into one contiguous softcover book...rather like a graphic novel.

some trade paperbacks that can be ordered from your local comic or gaming shop are:

Tales of the Jedi: The Golden Age of the Sith

Tales of the Jedi: The Fall of the Sith Empire

Tales of the Jedi: Knights of the Old Republic

Tales of the Jedi: The Sith War

<etc>

not only is there a new KOTOR comic series (monthly, it appears), they have also reprinted the older Tales of the Jedi comics in trade paperback form.

a *Trade Paperback* is when they take all the comics from a certain story arch and bundle them into one contiguous softcover book...rather like a graphic novel.

some trade paperbacks that can be ordered from your local comic or gaming shop are:

Tales of the Jedi:  The Golden Age of the Sith

Tales of the Jedi:  The Fall of the Sith Empire

Tales of the Jedi:  Knights of the Old Republic

Tales of the Jedi:  The Sith War

<etc>

I love that old series, I find it more interesting than the newer era.

2010spaceships.jpg

Hades was the life of the party. RIP You'll be missed.

Huh, I forgot to revive this old topic when I picked up my second issue. So far so good. Nothing interesting was happening till the end of the comic when Zayne says he has to retrace his path and Gryph says that the way to get off planet was through the undercity... that sounds great. Maybe they'll encounter Ragkgouls(sp?) or old Rukil. Or maybe some of the Beks or Vulkars.

And if there is a TPB of the Tales Of the Jedi out I will definately have to look for it. The only one I've read so far was Dark Lords of the Sith. Those books are impossible to find.

And if there is a TPB of the Tales Of the Jedi out I will definately have to look for it. The only one I've read so far was Dark Lords of the Sith. Those books are impossible to find.

I believe Dark Lords of the Sith is a Tales of the Jedi story...that is one of the trade paperbacks in that series. Generally speaking, you will not find this already on the shelf at the comic shop. I now own Tales of the Jedi: The Golden Age of the Sith TB and I got by special order at my comic shop.

Anyway, I agree that the comic story is shaping up nicely.

[slight spoiler ahead]

there was a cameo in the first one...that cameo has returned and there is a second cameo as well (hint, he is small, green guy).

a few days ago, I picked up issue #2 of the new KOTOR comic.

today, I picked up issue #0.

that's right, the "premier" issue is out this month for $.25.

it also shares a flipbook with issue #0 of a new movie-era SW comic called "Rebellion".

anyway, even though the content is about half of what you would normally get (since it is a flipbook), I thought it laid down some good backstory to what is already going on. it also has some news articles from "The Taris Holofeed".

here is one:

TARNITH STATION -- Mandalorian and Republic forces have retired from the Outer Rim system of Suurja with neither gaining an advantage, according to embedded journalists with the Republic Fleet.

An agrarian world with a colonist population of 16 million, Suurja is the latest battlezone on the line of Jebble-Vanquo-Tarnith. It has been just over a year since the Mandalorians conquered their last populated system in the Outer Rim, not counting the Flashpoint stellar research station taken four months ago.

"This shows that the cordon that Captain [saul] Karath has thrown up is holding," said Republic defense official Catronus Steffans. "It's only a matter of time before we begin pushing in the other direction."

Steffans chose not to respond to the recent controversy in the Jedi order over participation in the war. "Our relationship with the order is the most important the Republic has. We value their cooperation in any and all endeavors with us they choose to join."

Despite the official optimism, reports continue to surface of provisioning problems, despite the recent levy to keep the troops better supplied....

I would like to pick up that comic, I have the other two, but I haven't found time to get to the comic store. Maybe Monday or Tuesday.

I heard that there are couple "guest" appearances. Is this true?

issue 0 only has one that I can think of and that person is more or less a staple at this point....and that is Q'Anilia, who looks alot like Visas...issue 2 has Vandar, of course

Edited by Plano Skywalker

Well, I picked up Issue #0 today and I must say that, though short, it's, in my opinion, the best of the series. The guy named "Squint" is such a cool looking character. I have a feeling that Squint's master might be Kavar because Kavar was like the only master to have fought in the Mandalorian Wars, not so much to fight the Mandalorians but to protect Outer Rim worlds.

And I have a feeling when Q'anilia talks about "Lines have crossed. Something has changed. Something bad. Something near. Several somethings." I think she talks about the Mandalorian's finally attacking the Republic from the 3 sectors.

• 4 weeks later...

I picked up the #3 issue of the Kotor comic series and I must say this is probably the most boring so far. The best part was the ending of the comic when Zayne, Glyph and their new companions take off from the lower city. It reminded me of the Ebon Hawk taking of from Taris and from Peragus. Did anyone else get it? Does anyone else care? :)

I picked up the #3 issue of the Kotor comic series and I must say this is probably the most boring so far. The best part was the ending of the comic when Zayne, Glyph and their new companions take off from the lower city. It reminded me of the Ebon Hawk taking of from Taris and from Peragus. Did anyone else get it? Does anyone else care? :)

I got it. I generally agree with your assessment. But at least the story is moving off-world now and there is something of an "adventuring party".

I got it and liked it actually :ermm:

Loved how Glyph got out of the bounty and meeting 2 new group members!

Gotta say group is forming up quite nicely.

The get away didnt really remind me of Taris though . Totally different set of events and evrything!

Cant wait for number 4!

PS: Im laughing my ass off when ever I hit Darkhorse.com and their forums. Idiots still think Zayne is Revan! Just gotta shake your head!

Edited by Kalfear

PS: Im laughing my ass off when ever I hit Darkhorse.com and their forums. Idiots still think Zayne is Revan! Just gotta shake your head!

yeah, I once thought he was one of the primary characters in the games. but it would seem that he can't be Revan because the Jedi Order is already helping out the war effort and that was something that would not be going on without Revan's intervention (not to mention all the dark side elements in the Order).

still, he could be Exile, Nihilius, Sion, etc.

I wonder if they will "hard code" Revan and/or the Exile after all.

I suspect they will. And we will learn that Revan is not someone's first name

nor surname but someone's "Darth" name.