Interview with KOTOR comic writer!

They have already "hardcoded" Revan in a sense, except for his appearance. Revan was his (yes, his. Period) real name, like Malak. Zayne cannot be Revan because his name is Zayne, not Revan. As for the "Zayne = Exile" theory, I find it implausible due to Leland Chee's comment that Exile's gender wasn't set as of February 21, 2006.

They have already "hardcoded" Revan in a sense, except for his appearance. Revan was his (yes, his. Period) real name, like Malak. Zayne cannot be Revan because his name is Zayne, not Revan. As for the "Zayne = Exile" theory, I find it implausible due to Leland Chee's comment that Exile's gender wasn't set as of February 21, 2006.

other than Wiki crap, where does it say definitively that Revan is a given name?

I think they can do whatever they want with it and I think Revan and Malak will, ultimatley, follow the SW tradition of having "Darth names" that are different than the given names.

Everyone calls you Revan in k1, as LS too. Why to call jedi with his sith lord name?

How can it be a no ob build. It has PROVEN effective. I dare you to show your builds and I will tear you apart in an arugment about how these builds will won them.

- OverPowered Godzilla (OPG)

Everyone calls you Revan in k1, as LS too. Why to call jedi with his sith lord name?

all I'm saying is BioWare had a pretty free hand and they pretty much did what they wanted.

they used first names and "darth names" interchangeably. Revan and Malak are also referred to as Darth Revan and Darth Malak. This is actually a huge continuity shift...that is one reason I think it will be corrected....it will be revealed that Revan and Malak are "darth names" not given names.

The KOTOR comic writer has hinted (in interviews) at the general idea of telling us the real names and not just the darth names. Of course, there are a number of characters to do that with and we will not know if Revan and Malak are included in that thinking until it happens.

Revan and Malak were known by these names (without the Darth titles, of course) before they became Sith, which was stated numerous times in both games, which suggests that these were their real names.

And instead of saying "Wiki crap", you would better work on removing what you think is fanon from the wiki.

Edited by Sikon

LOL, well my post wasnt meant to start a discussion of if Zayne is Revan (as hes not), just a funny observation!

But as others hinting they think Zayne is.

Cant be, Revan and Malak recruited jedi to join the war against the mandalorians, they were not recruited. This much is clear. Thus this setting to late for Zayne to be Revan.

Doubt Zayne is the exile as well, but its possible

I guess, just dont see darkhorse doing that.

As for Wiki, its crap! That much is clear to!

Revan and Malak were known by these names (without the Darth titles, of course) before they became Sith, which was stated numerous times in both games, which suggests that these were their real names.

KOTOR is very much a moving target. I'm sure there are some hard core SW fans that have the ear of GL who want Darth Bane to continue to be the first "Darth" and just write off KOTOR as Infinities.

While I don't think that will happen, the point is that everything is on the table. I think one of the main reasons there is even a KOTOR comic is to sort out the continuity insertions and contraditions in the games. I also think any future games from this time period will have better continuity.

We shall see what they do.

If they do decide that Revan and Malak are "Sith names", then they will have to come up with a way to explain why Malak referred to Revan as Revan in the Dantooine tomb flashback. Neither Revan nor Malak had been kicked out of the Order yet. Other than that, I see no reason why the Jedi or anyone else in in-game present time would not use their Sith names to refer to them (even when speaking of past events) as that is what they now are and are known by.

LOL, well my post wasnt meant to start a discussion of if Zayne is Revan (as hes not), just a funny observation!

But as others hinting they think Zayne is.

Cant be, Revan and Malak recruited jedi to join the war against the mandalorians, they were not recruited. This much is clear. Thus this setting to late for Zayne to be Revan.

Doubt Zayne is the exile as well, but its possible

I guess, just dont see darkhorse doing that.

As for Wiki, its crap! That much is clear to!

well, Zayne could end up be a true *protagonist* in an already crowded field. I think he may well be Nihilius though, especially with that Visas look-alike always following him.

• 4 weeks later...

I picked up issue #4 today and I must say that this has been the best comic of the series so far! The last issue left me feeling bad because the comic was so boring but this one definately redeems the series in my opinion.

Instead of a flashback of Master Vandar we get him "live" talking to Zayne about the killing of the padawans and who do I see in the background in the academy on Dantooine... none other than Master Zhar and Master Vrook. I nearly wet myself. It was very nice seeing them. Plus there was a black girl sitting between them and I wonder who she was. She probably died by the time of K1 but who knows.

But the mystery deepens in the overall story. I did notice that all the "evil" masters had green sabers instead of Lucien who had a blue one but I thought nothing of it. It turns out that both Zayne and Vandar found it strange, and maybe Zhar, that all the Masters on Taris were Consulars except Lucien. I wonder what significance that has.

Anybody else pick up this comic?

I'm sure there are some hard core SW fans that have the ear of GL who want Darth Bane to continue to be the first "Darth" and just write off KOTOR as Infinities.
And there are some "hard core" SW fans who genuinely think that KOTOR is G-canon, on par with the movies. We can't simply "write off" KOTOR as Infinities. Leland Chee said that both KOTOR games are no more or less canonical than most of the EU, C-canon, that is.

I'm sure there are some hard core SW fans that have the ear of GL who want Darth Bane to continue to be the first "Darth" and just write off KOTOR as Infinities.
And there are some "hard core" SW fans who genuinely think that KOTOR is G-canon, on par with the movies. We can't simply "write off" KOTOR as Infinities. Leland Chee said that both KOTOR games are no more or less canonical than most of the EU, C-canon, that is.

all I'm saying is that, whichever fork in the road(s) they take, continuity shifts. and I think it is pretty clear that at least one of the reasons the KOTOR comic even exists is to make decisions on continuity.

no one can stand on "my Revan's experience" alone as continuity.

the comic will be the definitive guide and LFL/Dark Horse are, smartly, taking their time in handling the big issues.

right now, As long as they keep the mystique of Exile and Revan. I will be happy.
"r"ight now, "A"s long as they keep the mystique of Exile and Revan"." I will treat it as a lame example of fan service.
Zayne could be Nihilus or Exile.
No he couldn't. (Nihilus, maybe, but I doubt it... Exile, plain no.)

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

So I picked up the issue #5 of the kotor comic and I must say that this comic is absolutely amazing. Though this issue has a different artist it's still pretty good. The best part of the comic was the prophecy that the masters see. They see someone in a red spacesuit pretty much destroying the Jedi Order and recognize the person as a Sith. That's pretty much the reason why they killed their padawans. Did anyone else pick this up?

So I picked up the issue #5 of the kotor comic and I must say that this comic is absolutely amazing. Though this issue has a different artist it's still pretty good. The best part of the comic was the prophecy that the masters see. They see someone in a red spacesuit pretty much destroying the Jedi Order and recognize the person as a Sith. That's pretty much the reason why they killed their padawans. Did anyone else pick this up?

hmmm, I didn't make the connection with the guy on the cover with the red spacesuit but that definitely makes sense.

so, even though what the Jedi did was, arguably, wrong, it now seems that they were not "secret sith" but, rather, trying to cut their losses and to prevent the young ones from falling to the dark side....could be, anyway.

anyway, the writer knows what he's doing. I definitely did not see that coming.