Interview with KOTOR comic writer!

Here is an interview I found while roaming around the Literature forum at theforce.net.

http://www.newsarama.com/DarkHorsenew/Star...MillerKotOR.htm

It shows some great picks of the comics and there is even a Miraluka. I did see another topic about this comic but it faded away pretty quickly on this forum. The author says there will be easter eggs which seems to imply characters from the games might make an appearance. (w00t)

The release of this comic is supposed to be Jan. 25 and it's supposed to take place a year right before the Mandalorians attack the republic. I just want to know if anyone else is as hyped as I am.

I don't know if the comic will actually have KOTOR characters or new/different characters that exist during that similar time frame.

I might wait to see the concensus on it before picking it up.

"Console exclusive is such a harsh word." - Darque

"Console exclusive is two words Darque." - Nartwak (in response to Darque's observation)

Interesting...

The writer actually confirmed that there will be at least one more game in the series :)

It seems as though the story is going to be during the time period of the Mandalorian wars.

That means that Revan has to be mentioned and/or active within the storyline. Looks like Revan, and maybe the Exile, will finally become part of the "so called" Star Wars Canon :rolleyes:

Personally, I hope they avoid both characters because their appearance and gender will inevitably be wrong :lol:

I bet that LucasArts has delayed the sequel so that this comic book can fill in some of the plot holes... Miller seemed to heavily imply that several of the Darths from the two games will be active in the plot and their backstories will be revealed :thumbsup:

Oh, and here is the writer's Blog

And the Old forum topic

Edited by Sentry

That means that Revan has to be mentioned and/or active within the storyline. Looks like Revan, and maybe the Exile, will finally become part of the "so called" Star Wars Canon  :rolleyes:

Personally, I hope they avoid both characters because their appearance and gender will inevitably be wrong  :thumbsup:

Exactly what I was concerned about

DAWUSS

Dawes ain't too bright. Hitting rock bottom is when you leave 2 tickets on the dash of your car, leave it unlocked hoping someone will steal them & when you come back, there are 4 tickets on your dashboard.

I bet that LucasArts has delayed the sequel so that this comic book can fill in some of the plot holes...  Miller seemed to heavily imply that several of the Darths from the two games will be active in the plot and their backstories will be revealed  :rolleyes:

I think that is right....I think one of the reasons LA has been dragging their feet with K3 is because of the storyline and how the games are made (ehhh, if we use a pregen everytime, then the KOTOR universe is going to have an Exar Kun every 3 game years...not good).

the stories that BioWare and Obsidian came up with were not bad but LA (or, more accurately, LFL) decided they needed to take more proactive control of the storyline so that it does not become too cluttered, etc.

so they, presumably, approached Dark Horse about a new comic series...the comic carves out the main path and the video games fall in sync with the comic.

sounds like a winner to me.

Guest The Architect

No! It would be a nightmare come true if LucasArts gets lazy and stupid and decides to make a canon Revan and a canon Exile for K3. I'm still predicting that if they do make a K3, then there going to be killed off...

REVAN MUST DIE!!!

:ermm:

Noo! :o

I think that I'm gonna get those from Amazon, I dont believe that they will come into Finland. :(

What
Edited by Xard

How can it be a no ob build. It has PROVEN effective. I dare you to show your builds and I will tear you apart in an arugment about how these builds will won them.

- OverPowered Godzilla (OPG)

Great! I like the Star Wars comics from the past, in this time era. One reason why I like the Tales series.

War is Peace, Freedom is Slavery, Ignorance is Strength

Baldur's Gate modding
TeamBG
Baldur's Gate modder/community leader
Baldur's Gate - Enhanced Edition beta tester
Baldur's Gate 2 - Enhanced Edition beta tester

Icewind Dale - Enhanced Edition beta tester

They
Edited by Jedi Master Dakari

"Learn to harness your anger and control your fear. Dominate your emotions! But do not let them overcome you; for they can surely cause you to fall to the dark side.

If you expect to win against a Sith then you need to fight like a Sith! If you do not, you will always be met with defeat."

-- Jedi Master Seraphis Dakari

Guest The Architect

There is already a canon Revan, LS Male

Nothing on Exile as of yet

Yeah I know...But I mean if they base the K3 Story on a canon Revan and a canon Exile with set appearences, genders and alignments. That is what would piss me off. By the way the canon Exile is a DS Female.

Edited by The Architect

There is already a canon Revan, LS Male

Nothing on Exile as of yet

Yeah I know...But I mean if they base the K3 Story on a canon Revan and a canon Exile with set appearences, genders and alignments. That is what would piss me off. By the way the canon Exile is a DS Female.

DSF Exile? Hmmmm... Fits better on some occasions but doesn't on others....

DAWUSS

Dawes ain't too bright. Hitting rock bottom is when you leave 2 tickets on the dash of your car, leave it unlocked hoping someone will steal them & when you come back, there are 4 tickets on your dashboard.

I just hope that the comic series and the video game series aren't one and the same.

I hope the comic series is an altogether different storyline, but just set in the same time period as the video game series.

"Console exclusive is two words Darque." - Nartwak (in response to Darque's observation)

I wouldn't say that the comic and games will be one in the same. It does take place a year before the Mandalorian Wars start and a whole 8 years before K1. A few characters might make an appearance here and there but I am pretty sure it will be Zayne Carrick's story. (Who I have a feeling might end up being Nihilus... but that's just me)

I wouldn't say that the comic and games will be one in the same. It does take place a year before the Mandalorian Wars start and a whole 8 years before K1. A few characters might make an appearance here and there but I am pretty sure it will be Zayne Carrick's story. (Who I have a feeling might end up being Nihilus... but that's just me)

Zayne Carrick? Haha I guess I should have read the article more closely because I have no clue who that is.