Bloodlines

alanschu

I found the infamous sewers very atmospheric.

And about the Cradle, I think it's debatable whether it's scarier than Oceanside. Much of Cradle's scariness comes from the fact that you're a lithe burglar against an undead sentient building, and the aural scene really makes the atmoshphere(Eric Brosius FTFW). In Oceanside it's the complete opposite. It relies on visual creepiness and in-your-face stuff that really can't hurt, not to mention the player's character is a vampire.

kirottu said:
I was raised by polar bears. I had to fight against blood thirsty wolves and rabid penguins to get my food. Those who were too weak to survive were sent to Sweden.

It has made me the man I am today. A man who craves furry hentai.

So let us go and embrace the rustling smells of unseen worlds

Those things were pretty creepy that's for sure.

I'm about to sit down and play for a bit, but I'm still a ways away from them.

Those things were freaky. If they were in a horror movie it would make me sick.

War is Peace, Freedom is Slavery, Ignorance is Strength

Baldur's Gate modding
TeamBG
Baldur's Gate modder/community leader
Baldur's Gate - Enhanced Edition beta tester
Baldur's Gate 2 - Enhanced Edition beta tester

Icewind Dale - Enhanced Edition beta tester

It even had proper rats!

kirottu said:
I was raised by polar bears. I had to fight against blood thirsty wolves and rabid penguins to get my food. Those who were too weak to survive were sent to Sweden.

It has made me the man I am today. A man who craves furry hentai.

So let us go and embrace the rustling smells of unseen worlds

I found the infamous sewers very atmospheric.

The music was atmospheric especially when you got down to the levels where the nosferatu live.

War is Peace, Freedom is Slavery, Ignorance is Strength

Baldur's Gate modding
TeamBG
Baldur's Gate modder/community leader
Baldur's Gate - Enhanced Edition beta tester
Baldur's Gate 2 - Enhanced Edition beta tester

Icewind Dale - Enhanced Edition beta tester

Well, I just investigated the Elizabeth Dane. Lacroix wants me to check out the mansion now, which I believe is my first encounter with "those" things.

Maybe not.....I can't really remember to be honest. I thought I had to go to Hollywood first for that.

I'm a Malkavian Female, and it was fun "seducing" the dude for the Astrolite. And their responses are totally off the wall. I was able to get the warehouse without being detected (thank you obsfuscate), as well as the dane (again, thanks obfuscate). I was being a jerk to Lacroix at one point, and it was funny when he used Domination on me. Though I haven't received the skyline apartment....maybe because I was too big of a jerk?

....maybe because I was too big of a jerk?

Yes. One slip of the tongue and you are stuck in Santa Monica :blink:

Not like being a nosferatu. Nice real sewers as your home home :p

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

Well, I just investigated the Elizabeth Dane.  Lacroix wants me to check out the mansion now, which I believe is my first encounter with "those" things.

Maybe not.....I can't really remember to be honest.  I thought I had to go to Hollywood first for that.

I'm a Malkavian Female, and it was fun "seducing" the dude for the Astrolite.  And their responses are totally off the wall.  I was able to get the warehouse without being detected (thank you obsfuscate), as well as the dane (again, thanks obfuscate).  I was being a jerk to Lacroix at one point, and it was funny when he used Domination on me.  Though I haven't received the skyline apartment....maybe because I was too big of a jerk?

Malkavians kick ass.

Too bad you were insulting to Lacroix, now you won't get that nice Skyline apartment.

Actually if he goes through the Museum without killing anyone he should still get it. 

You know, I've never managed to do that. :thumbsup: It was the sensor beams going up and down that always got me. LaCroix never seemed too bothered about it, though.

There's nothing to stop you breaking into your Skyline apartment (floor 4, wasn't it?). Heather and your emails won't go there, but otherwise you can walk around and pretend it was yours. :)

"An electric puddle is not what I need right now." (Nina Kalenkov)

Actually if he goes through the Museum without killing anyone he should still get it. 

You know, I've never managed to do that. :thumbsup: It was the sensor beams going up and down that always got me. LaCroix never seemed too bothered about it, though.

There's nothing to stop you breaking into your Skyline apartment (floor 4, wasn't it?). Heather and your emails won't go there, but otherwise you can walk around and pretend it was yours. :)

You can no clip your way in, but there's an unbreakable grating over the tunnel to the vent in the shaft that connects all the apartments, and the door is locked in an unpickable way.

Fear keypads and magnetic seals!

I didn't realise your hatch was locked until you were given the apartment. :thumbsup:

Still, no problem. You can just wait for one of your neighbours to die and pretend his apartment is yours. I mean, does anyone in this building make it to the end of the game?

"An electric puddle is not what I need right now." (Nina Kalenkov)

Bloodlines is cool; but you guys all seems to be wussies. I love the Headrunners. They wer ecute, and the horror move side quest is one of the best side quests I've seen in a game. Good stuff. :o

Edited by Volourn

DWARVES IN PROJECT ETERNITY = VOLOURN HAS PLEDGED $250.

You know, I've never managed to do that. :-  It was the sensor beams going up and down that always got me.

punch the box then crouch. Its not even slightly hard.

Notice how I can belittle your beliefs without calling you names. It's a useful skill to have particularly where you aren't allowed to call people names. It's a mistake to get too drawn in/worked up. I mean it's not life or death, it's just two guys posting their thoughts on a message board. If it were personal or face to face all the usual restraints would be in place, and we would never have reached this place in the first place. Try to remember that.

You know, I've never managed to do that. :(  It was the sensor beams going up and down that always got me.

punch the box then crouch. Its not even slightly hard.

ohhhhh, now i get it! all that time... :luck: :"> thanks.

I f you crouch you only have to worry about the low beams because you will pass under the high ones. At least that's how I always do it....

Notice how I can belittle your beliefs without calling you names. It's a useful skill to have particularly where you aren't allowed to call people names. It's a mistake to get too drawn in/worked up. I mean it's not life or death, it's just two guys posting their thoughts on a message board. If it were personal or face to face all the usual restraints would be in place, and we would never have reached this place in the first place. Try to remember that.