iStories

Mars

I know this may be labelled as spam and deleted, but I couldn't see a board for websites. Has anyone heard of iStories? They're like these text games for your iPod. Things like Splinter Cell, some get to 200 Pages, and they're fun to play on the bus or whatever. I just wanted to tell you guys about this cool thing, and here are several links

MAD Studios - Heaps of free iStories, there is a forum community and more

If you want to ask some other thing, email me

[edgardiner@gmail.com] or if you use MSN Messenger, add that address (it works)

or Post a question right here

Note: Please stop changing the Topic title. Fionavar

Edited by Fionavar

These are fun, no wait, that other thing, whats it called. oh ya. Tedious.

People laugh when I say that I think a jellyfish is one of the most beautiful things in the world. What they don't understand is, I mean a jellyfish with long, blond hair.

I'll post a question.

Can you straight out say what the heck this is? All i know is that, "they're like these text games." Does that mean it's like Pixies' supermarket hyjinx? or is it something else?

i mean, i looked at the site for 30 seconds; i really was patient. i was just going to go straight to my question, but i had faith that it would have a sentence to tell me what it was. for the short time i looked, it didn't. :p

but vat exactly is it?

You can view a big explanation, go to iStories, About iStories

But for you, I will explain

basically there is a program called 'iStory Creator' available from MAD Studios. This thing allows you to a) write iStories and b) Upload to your iPod or c) preview them in your browser

An iStory is a thing that you put on your iPod and is viewed using the Notes feature. It all works very seamlessly. They are like choose your own adventures of a sort.

Read an FAQ here

and Download the program/view the 'About Page'Here.

Anymore quesitons post here

Fionavar. When you are in the posting zone, you can really just scroll down to see previous posts and their posters.

Lou Gutman, P.I.- It's like I'm not even trying anymore!
http://theatomicdanger.iforumer.com/index....theatomicdanger

One billion b-balls dribbling simultaneously throughout the galaxy. One trillion b-balls being slam dunked through a hoop throughout the galaxy. I can feel every single b-ball that has ever existed at my fingertips. I can feel their collective knowledge channeling through my viens. Every jumpshot, every rebound and three-pointer, every layup, dunk, and free throw. I am there.

In fact, I'd wager to say it actually increases it.

post-1658-1137117009_thumb.jpg

Lou Gutman, P.I.- It's like I'm not even trying anymore!
http://theatomicdanger.iforumer.com/index....theatomicdanger

One billion b-balls dribbling simultaneously throughout the galaxy. One trillion b-balls being slam dunked through a hoop throughout the galaxy. I can feel every single b-ball that has ever existed at my fingertips. I can feel their collective knowledge channeling through my viens. Every jumpshot, every rebound and three-pointer, every layup, dunk, and free throw. I am there.

Mars, your interesting approach to thread titles persuaded me to have another look at the site, and I downloaded the player and played/read a story called 'The Rescue'. It wasn't bad, though it wasn't finished, either. :o So this is a new version of the old Fighting Fantasy/ Choose-Your-Own-Adventure books, eh? Looks like fun, so can you recommend some good stories? What's the best you've ever read/written?

"An electric puddle is not what I need right now." (Nina Kalenkov)

Mars, your interesting approach to thread titles persuaded me to have another look at the site, and I downloaded the player and played/read a story called 'The Rescue'.  It wasn't bad, though it wasn't finished, either. :)  So this is a new version of the old Fighting Fantasy/ Choose-Your-Own-Adventure books, eh?  Looks like fun, so can you recommend some good stories?  What's the best you've ever read/written?

Wow! Thanks so much! I wrote The Rescue, probably not the best. Ok, I am gonna give you three of the best (according to the public)

Links are here too

Nightscape (Won iStory of the Year)

Nightscape is the best istory I have ever read, so yes, get it. (154 pages)

LINK CLICK HERE

Things That Never Should Happen

by the same author, my second favourite

Link HERE

for a bit of variety there is Flight 27 about a hijacking (smaller length)

Link, click here

and my favourite unfinished iStory, Red Planet (mars, spacey stuff)

link, click here

I will post some more if you are interested

Joining the forums would be handy, you can talk to other writers and stuff.

Thanks for bein interested

Edited by Mars

Cheers. I just downloaded and read Nightscape (once only, I'll have another go tomorrow.) Same with the others. This is a fun nostalgia trip - I really liked Fighting Fantasy when I was a kid. :D

Well done on The Rescue - I look forward to reading the finished version. :)

"An electric puddle is not what I need right now." (Nina Kalenkov)

Thanks a bunch mr. unpronouncable! (jk)

The Rescue was canned unfortunately, I lost inspiration.

Nightscape actually has III (3) storylines, not just endings. It took me a month to find them, even with the help of the author who hangs out on the forums.