Was it worth it?

The game was good, though it suffered from a rushed release. Personally, if you want someone to blame, then pick Lucas Arts; they were the ones who told Obsidian to rush it out the door. Personally, the present incarnation of LA, though improving, is still a disappointment; I can remember back when they were making great games like The Dig, TIE Fighter, and After Life.

As for Obsidian, at least they left the missing content on the CDs, so it could be modded back in.

I played it once, and I still find it worth it. 47 times? HAHAHAHAHAHAHA! I haven't played nay games 47 times except maybe one of the best games ever known as MEGAMANIA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

"Selling well usually means it was worth it from developers/makers view but I think that may change depending on the effect of it's reputation.

It could be that it wasn't worth it in the long term...we'll have to wait and see."

Don't need to wait, and see. It was worth it to them. it sold 1 mil+ copies. They have NWN2 coming out which will also sell 1 mil+ copies. PNJ will also likely sell well (but not as well as either NWN2 or KOTOR2) since it is not based on a popualr license nor is it a sequel to a popular game.

KOTOR2 had good reviews, good sales, and lots of rewards or nominations. Most definitely was worth it for Obsidian.

I love the game! I can sit there for hours! I have tried every possible combo you can get. LS/DS/GREY MALE, FEMALE, ass hole, Mr./Mrs. Nice guy/girl......... you get the picture.

(Marine Axiom)

Sweat Dries

Blood Clots

Bones Heal

SUCK IT UP!

"Up yours and have a bullet breakfast"

My all-time fav line. :D

kirottu said:
I was raised by polar bears. I had to fight against blood thirsty wolves and rabid penguins to get my food. Those who were too weak to survive were sent to Sweden.

It has made me the man I am today. A man who craves furry hentai.

So let us go and embrace the rustling smells of unseen worlds

Alright, enough fun... let's get back OT.

Discussions about specific games can (and have) be done in C&C, and if you wan't to discuss about replay value of game X I would also advice hopping into C&C to ask. I would just say, if you wan't a replay value of 100+, don't trust on RPG's, and do trust on RTS...

Sure boss. :wacko:

DA, if you want to talk about'em get to Computer and Console. I'm sure you get more thna enough views on the subject there too. I'll see ya'round.

kirottu said:
I was raised by polar bears. I had to fight against blood thirsty wolves and rabid penguins to get my food. Those who were too weak to survive were sent to Sweden.

It has made me the man I am today. A man who craves furry hentai.

So let us go and embrace the rustling smells of unseen worlds

Alright, enough fun... let's get back OT.

Discussions about specific games can (and have) be done in C&C, and if you wan't to discuss about replay value of game X I would also advice hopping into C&C to ask. I would just say, if you wan't a replay value of 100+, don't trust on RPG's, and do trust on RTS...

Then wouldn't it be better to just close the topic altogether?

There's not much more discussion this specific topic can garner, especially when a developer (or someone associated with Obsidian) already answered the "was it worth it?" question.

"Console exclusive is such a harsh word." - Darque

"Console exclusive is two words Darque." - Nartwak (in response to Darque's observation)