Apple suddenly becomes relevant

Hurlshort

What the hell? Apple just figured out how to make a computer that is actually good. This is scary. They've made horrible decisions for decades...

Seriously, with Intel processors, these computers might actually be effective gaming machines. Combine that with the sick monitors they have, and I suddenly have trouble hating mac's. I'm seriously eyeing the laptops...if I had $2,500 to kill. It also looks like Safari is way better than every other browser.

I'm scared...Apple seems to be taking over the entire world of entertainment.

I grew up on the Mac and always have a soft spot for it in my heart.

But I do find this funny considering the comparisons Apple always made were compared to the Pentium processor. What will Steve Jobs compare to now during his keynote speech?

My entire family are Mac people, except me. They don't play games tho. The party poopers.

My mother just bought one of those new Macs where the HD & stuff is encased in the (very flat profile) monitor - even tho the monitor is nice, I just think that's weird, and potentially inconvienent. They may be improving performance wise & are good for classroom/office machines etc. but it's their odd ways of putting their machines together that I don't like. I don't know a lot about them really, but as my husband likes to say, they're not for people who like to work/upgrade their computers themselves.

Edited by LadyCrimson
“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

My friend has a Mac we do alot of sound recording to. I will say for that particuliar application I would use a Mac over a PC.

People laugh when I say that I think a jellyfish is one of the most beautiful things in the world. What they don't understand is, I mean a jellyfish with long, blond hair.

They also still have the edge on graphic applications. Some of them, anyway.

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

Macs will pretty much be irrelevant until they decide to let you upgrade them instead of throwing them out and buying a new one.

They are pretty though. And they make the greatest monitor I've ever seen.

The area between the balls and the butt is a hotbed of terrorist activity.

Devastatorsig.jpg

I'm a PC user always have been, the few times i've used a Mac i dislked it because i was unfamiliar with the interface.

However i recognise the fact that they superior to PCs in terms of design, video and audio applications, their OS is more stable than windows, far less prone to malicious attack and the products are pretty to boot.

Games aside their main disadvantage is that basically everything is geared for Windows - peripherals and apps.

MacOS X based on BSD, changing to Intel processors...

It seems Macs are slowly but surely becomming PC's ;)

(and am I the only one in the world who still says Macintosh? )

Edited by Kaftan Barlast

DISCLAIMER: Do not take what I write seriously unless it is clearly and in no uncertain terms, declared by me to be meant in a serious and non-humoristic manner. If there is no clear indication, asume the post is written in jest. This notification is meant very seriously and its purpouse is to avoid misunderstandings and the consequences thereof. Furthermore; I can not be held accountable for anything I write on these forums since the idea of taking serious responsability for my unserious actions, is an oxymoron in itself.

Important: as the following sentence contains many naughty words I warn you not to read it under any circumstances; botty, knickers, wee, erogenous zone, psychiatrist, clitoris, stockings, bosom, poetry reading, dentist, fellatio and the department of agriculture.

"I suppose outright stupidity and complete lack of taste could also be considered points of view. "

They also still have the edge on graphic applications. Some of them, anyway.

True...except for the one graphic application that really matters...GAMES!

What, games matter? I thought they were just distraction and escapism? My friend makes a living doing comics and he uses a Mac. I'd think if you can make a living using your computer, it matters more than gaming.

Unless you're one of those pimple-faced weirdoes who thinks gaming is actually a sport, despite the fact you don't really DO anything.