But it grew too expensive

So I simply quit.

But I love the fluff!

I read the novels and such.

They are very fun!

Word economics

To express my vast wisdom

I speak in haiku's.

it's my favorite chubby chinese mastermind. wowsa.

Warhammer 40k rules. I used to play it when I was a wee lad. The turn based tabletop game that is.

Although you spent 90% of the time caring for your miniatures, it was well balanced and challenging.

No way in hell I could find the time to do all that painting today though.

Na na  na na  na na  ...

greg358 from Darksouls 3 PVP is a CHEATER.

That is all.

The great disapointment of the Warhammer games is always that they fail to reproduce the tailoring element to unit and army composition.

A real wealth of customisations would be more interesting to me than yet another starcraft style RTS.

It's pretty good just the same tho. I got the pirated version and on the strenght of that bought the game + winter assault.

Can't get it to work tho because the crack left some junk in my registry that the kosher version doesen't like.

Edited by Gorgon

Na na  na na  na na  ...

greg358 from Darksouls 3 PVP is a CHEATER.

That is all.

Not pertaining to 40k per say, but I'm quite looking forward to the RTS Warhammer: Mark of Chaos. Seems like they'll be focusing on actual warfare tactics rather than resource management, with support for 1000's of units, and customizable armies - including equipment and painting.

Hadescopy.jpg

(Approved by Fio, so feel free to use it)

The resource system is nice. Capture strategic points to gather resources, so it's similar to a capture-the-flag system, but pervasive to the whole since, since - if you don't get your butt out there and expand - you won't get any resources. This makes it much more dynamic than a standard RTS. It's very fast-paced and twitchy, though, and lots of micromanagement is required. Unfortunately, the side which has more clicks-per-second can often defeat the slower player who tried to use better tactics. A shame, really. Fun game, though.

Hadescopy.jpg

(Approved by Fio, so feel free to use it)

Don't forget that you can have small scale unit battles (say an orc squad vs a Imp guard squad or somthing) and still leave the requisite zillion corpses on the ground.

Victor of the 5 year fan fic competition!

Kevin Butler will awesome your face off.

The game is filled with terminator whores online. :angry:

DOW WA is moving so far away from the real WH40k that they only share names now, really.

DENMARK!

It appears that I have not yet found a sig to replace the one about me not being banned... interesting.

Used to play the miniature version of 40k. Got started painting some squads and vehicles nicely enough, right up until the 3rd edition ruleset was released. Then the game went the way of the Dodo among the people I used to play with (nobody liked the new rules). Now my Imperial Guard army is resting in it's barracks together with my sizeable contingent of imperial agents (adeptus sororitas, adeptus mechanicus, adeptus assassinorum, inquisition etc.), until they are needed again.

Epic: Gone, Warhammer 40K: Gone, Necromunda: Never found anybody to play with (effectively gone), Dawn of War: Never cared much for computer versions of the GW stuff (effectively gone).

Never got into Gorka Morka either...

:(

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

Couldn't you just have used the previous rules? Why change if you don't like the change?

kirottu said:
I was raised by polar bears. I had to fight against blood thirsty wolves and rabid penguins to get my food. Those who were too weak to survive were sent to Sweden.

It has made me the man I am today. A man who craves furry hentai.

So let us go and embrace the rustling smells of unseen worlds

Couldn't you just have used the previous rules? Why change if you don't like the change?

Did it for a while. But after 6 months, there were only a few "die hard" fans of the rules left. It's one thing about the hobby, that it's more fun when you meet new opponents regularly :p

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

The game is filled with terminator whores online. :angry:

DOW WA is moving so far away from the real WH40k that they only share names now, really.

nobsquads and bloodthirster are goood against those things... as are obliterators and the Eldar council.

Victor of the 5 year fan fic competition!

Kevin Butler will awesome your face off.

Me and my friend play Imperial Guard, so its 5-6 Kasrkin squads with plasmas at the front, with 4-6 Leman Russes accompanied by a Baneblade and possibly some arty. This will exterminate termies and dreadnoughts... however when a chaos player sends hordes of possessed at us, we get spanked...

I hate the ****ed up spam tactics of this game, WA screwed the game up big time.

DENMARK!

It appears that I have not yet found a sig to replace the one about me not being banned... interesting.

I agree with those who think that one of the biggest obstacles to this game is finding the time to paint those darn miniatures!

fortunately, there is eBay, where one can often find a squad or three that is already painted.

but I will probably start playing Axis and Allies Miniatures soon....the minis are already painted!

Use to play the tabletop game but it is so darn expensive. But I play DOW and I love it. It's just a very well crafted game. I'm waiting for WA.

hmmm.....

a Warhammer 40k RPG...........

I honestly think it sounds intriguing. The world is pretty cool and with the right devs, who don't just succumb to the action element, it could be pretty good.

"To be, or not to be a real RPG, that is the question.

Whether tis nobler in the mind to suffer the slings and arrows

or outrageous action... or by taking up arms against a sea of crap and by opposing: end them."

• 2 weeks later...