Resident Evil 4

I finally picked it up for my PS2 and I have to say it reminded me why I used to be a big fan of the RE series.

The only comment I have is wondering why the story diverged so far from the RE storyline of Umbrella and whatnot.

"Console exclusive is such a harsh word." - Darque

"Console exclusive is two words Darque." - Nartwak (in response to Darque's observation)

I finally picked it up for my PS2 and I have to say it reminded me why I used to be a big fan of the RE series.

The only comment I have is wondering why the story diverged so far from the RE storyline of Umbrella and whatnot.

I believe the altered the storyline so much because the old one really wasn't going anywhere.

EDIT : Oh, and there is much you still need to see. Finish the game.

Edited by Haitoku

The story was altered for several reasons...

1) RE4 was made to be RE-for-n00bs

So a new story would be easier for n00bs to follow than "part 4" of an existing one.

2) Mikami went insane.

And because the story was going nowhere! I was happy with the explanation on why Umbrella went down... it was weird, I always imagined them being destroyed by their own creations. But, hehe, I thought RE4 did an excellent job closing that up. Unexpected, but good.

I meant I finished it. The only things I haven't done are play through the mercenary missions.

Then you understand that the major players are still in the game and they are up to their old tricks. :blink:

Dare I ask, a console only game?

This game trumps 90% of the stuff that came out on PC this year... You should give it a try. :)

EDIT : 05' I mean.

Edited by Haitoku

And because the story was going nowhere!  I was happy with the explanation on why Umbrella went down... it was weird, I always imagined them being destroyed by their own creations.  But, hehe, I thought RE4 did an excellent job closing that up.  Unexpected, but good.

No.

One of the original plans was to finish the story and tie up all the loose ends with RE4.

Instead they abandoned it and glossed over it for the crap we got instead.

At least RE5 will do what RE4 was supposed to do.

No.

One of the original plans was to finish the story and tie up all the loose ends with RE4.

Instead they abandoned it and glossed over it for the crap we got instead.

At least RE5 will do what RE4 was supposed to do.

I've heard that RE5 is supposed to wrap up the "Umbrella" storyline and also incorporate the events from RE4 into it.

WESKER IS GOD.

"Console exclusive is two words Darque." - Nartwak (in response to Darque's observation)

Then you understand that the major players are still in the game and they are up to their old tricks.

Yes. But it still didn't have anything to do with the Umbrella, T-Virus, etc. storyline though.

Nope.

REmake/RE1 would make a few details make more sense.

RE2 would give a lot of insight into Leon and some of the character relationships.

But overall neither is needed to really understand or appreciate RE4.

Edit: That reply was to Judas.

Edited by Darque

Pretty much.

How dreadful. But there are other things to occupy my time with.

To be fair, it can be seen as narrowminded, but I can kind of understand your stance (at least, as far as I have understood) that console only = very bad.

Without getting too far off topic or starting some kind of flame war, what are your personal reasons for this (just random curiosity here).

As far as RE goes, how are the controls and camera in this ittiration of the game? I 'enjoyed' the other ones, but those were the two things that would stop me actually enjoying them.

Edited by Nick_i_am

Hadescopy.jpg

(Approved by Fio, so feel free to use it)

The camera is free, as in you look at what you want to look at. The controls are still the same old "rotate around your own axis" thing. You can't strafe, which is something most people feel very uncomfortable with for the first 15 minutes. But you'll get used to it eventually and the game is well worth the hassle.

Swedes, go to: Spel2, for the latest game reviews in swedish!

It's a third-person, over the shoulder view, much better than the old fixed camera angles.

If you haven't played this game you should be put into a rocket and flown into the sun, along with all those who speak Klingon.

Edited by Hell Kitty

Can I choose the rockets color?

Edited by Musopticon?
kirottu said:
I was raised by polar bears. I had to fight against blood thirsty wolves and rabid penguins to get my food. Those who were too weak to survive were sent to Sweden.

It has made me the man I am today. A man who craves furry hentai.

So let us go and embrace the rustling smells of unseen worlds

MANLY pink.

Oxymoron

"Of course the people don't want war. But after all, it's the leaders of the country who determine the policy, and it's always a simple matter to drag the people along whether it's a democracy, a fascist dictatorship, or a parliament, or a communist dictatorship. Voice or no voice, the people can always be brought to the bidding of the leaders. That is easy. All you have to do is tell them they are being attacked, and denounce the pacifists for lack of patriotism, and exposing the country to greater danger."

- Herman Goering at the Nuremberg trials

"I have also been slowly coming to the realisation that knowledge and happiness are not necessarily coincident, and quite often mutually exclusive" - meta

Nuh-uh. Testosterone is really pink. :rolleyes:

kirottu said:
I was raised by polar bears. I had to fight against blood thirsty wolves and rabid penguins to get my food. Those who were too weak to survive were sent to Sweden.

No.

Have no PS2, will not play.

kirottu said: