AR for KOTOR II?

Okay, let me fill the majority of you PC exclusive gamers in. For us Xbox people, there's a device, called AR (Action Replay) which operates as a gamesave transfer across the interent. It also has had more, dastardly, uses. (AR was the main weapon of choice for the Halo 2 "softmod" cheaters this past year). However, it has been used by non cheaters to creat parameters that can be put in a game to let you gou outside a world and explore, creat custom avatars and color combonations maybe not present by default, and other non disruptive uses for a ton of xbox games. What I am wondering, is with the "patches" created for PC gamers, why have I heard absolutely nothing from the legit modding community of xbox. All of the issues you guys have fixed could have easily been fixed for xbox with Linux and AR, but it's deathly quiet on the xbox front. I guess I'm hoping I can attract someone who has used his AR to fix some of the issues/ missing planets/items that cannot actually spawn, and see if I can find a source to take a look at some of the neater stuff myself.

Before all of you people start with "Buy it on the PC", I cannot. Believe it or not, my xbox has a better graphics card than this old out of date hunk of junk.

Edited by SSgtSniper

And shepherds we shall be,

for Thee, my Lord, for Thee.

Power hath descended forth from Thy hand,

that our feet may swiftly carry out Thy command.

So we shall flow a river forth unto Thee,

and teeming with souls shall it ever be,

In Nomine Patris, et Fili, et Spiritus Sancti.

It's extremely easy to mod KOTOR for the PC. All you have to do is create new files, and drop them into an override folder, and everything is fine and dandy. For XBOX, though, you would have to change the entire way the game is written on the DVD, and I'm pretty sure that even if you managed to copy the game to your XBOX harddrive, there isn't an easy "override" option that will simply allow you to go and mod away. If that were the case, there would have been tons of KOTOR mods for the XBOX by now.

It's all in the coding.

It's extremely easy to mod KOTOR for the PC.  All you have to do is create new files, and drop them into an override folder, and everything is fine and dandy. For XBOX, though, you would have to change the entire way the game is written on the DVD, and I'm pretty sure that even if you managed to copy the game to your XBOX harddrive, there isn't an easy "override" option that will simply allow you to go and mod away. If that were the case, there would have been tons of KOTOR mods for the XBOX by now.

It's all in the coding.

Not exactly true, but I get what you are saying. Here's what I am getting at though, with an override folder, if you had a "RunLinux" dashboard, you could access such an override folder to generate the necessary parameters to unlock things like the droid planet. Think "hot coffee". Rockstar eventually admitted it was on the disk, just not unlockable without an override. A "RunLinux" dashboard will allow you to do things like this. But, no one has.

Edited by SSgtSniper

You don't have to have a mod chip to have a Linux Dashboard, you just have to have an original run copy of Mechassault. :) The first run ones have an exploitable weakness that allows you to do what you need to do to install a Linux based dashboard.