Eagles view map, looking good!

Junai

It's very nice looking, but I don't think it really gives a good sense of scale. It makes everything look way closer together than it really should be. The Fallout maps might not have looked as pretty as this one, but I really miss having maps that provide a sense of scale. A map that was similar in functionality to the Fallout map but some of the artistic style of this map would just be great, but I suppose I'll have to keep waiting.

-Kasoroth

Is it static or does it scroll? Anyhow, it's nice to see a world map again. Long time since I played a modern game that had one of those. I miss the days of Pool of Radiance, Wasteland and Ultima (although Ultima never had any maps exactly like that, it had a huge world map in a different scale than the towns and dungeons).

Swedes, go to: Spel2, for the latest game reviews in swedish!

"Anyhow, it's nice to see a world map again."

Eh. It hasn't been that. JE had a world map. Didn't use it to its potential though. R00fles!

Not to mention, Arcanum had one. So did the IE games.

Point being, you don't have to all the way back to the GB era to find world maps in use. Silly goose.

Karka, and Hades: Maybeeeee.....

DWARVES IN PROJECT ETERNITY = VOLOURN HAS PLEDGED $250.

"pointed that out because that's what original poster tried to say: NWN1 had no world map, NWN2 will have it."

"Long time since I played a modern game that had one of those"

Thanks for playing; but you do realize NOT all posts in a thread are directed at the thread starter, right? Afterall, your last 2 posts were directed at me much as my comment that you commented on was NOT directed at the thread starter.

You lose. Just admit it, and move on. Or we can continue spinning your embarassing heel.

Thanks. :-

P.S. The original poster didn't mention NWN1 AT ALL. :devil:

Edited by Volourn

"Seriously Volourn...you've taken a positive thread and ruined it with your condescending remarks."

hey, my first post was positive. All i did was point out someone was mistaken when they said 'modern games' didn't have any world maps and then someone took that personally.

Afterall, my first post in this thread was the following: "Yes, it's the new overland map I believe. It looks nice. Sweet."

Mkreku, not offhand, but I'm sure someone can open up the Realms book to find out. :rolleyes:

Edited by Volourn

The only mention of a volcano in thata rea in the book is Mount Hotenow (lol) which is actually located in Neverwinter Wood. Also, as perspective, the area the map shows inbcludes Icewind Dale (far, fqr north mountainous area) which is part of the Sword Coast North.

I'd have to dig deep into more specifc books to find more info. Not gonna do it tonight. (w00t)

It's very nice looking, but I don't think it really gives a good sense of scale.  It makes everything look way closer together than it really should be.  The Fallout maps might not have looked as pretty as this one, but I really miss having maps that provide a sense of scale.  A map that was similar in functionality to the Fallout map but some of the artistic style of this map would just be great, but I suppose I'll have to keep waiting.

-Kasoroth

The Fallout map was California, which made it a lot easier for the design team to represent scale. The design team had a real map with which to work and many of the players had a frame of reference for the map. ...Not that I'm disputing what you're saying.

Fionavar's Holliday Wishes to all members of our online community:  Happy Holidays

Join the revelry at the Obsidian Plays channel:
Obsidian Plays

Remembering tarna, Phosphor, Metadigital, and Visceris.  Drink mead heartily in the halls of Valhalla, my friends!

Looks good. Can't wait to see the Mire of Dead Mean up close and personal.

kirottu said:
I was raised by polar bears. I had to fight against blood thirsty wolves and rabid penguins to get my food. Those who were too weak to survive were sent to Sweden.

It has made me the man I am today. A man who craves furry hentai.

So let us go and embrace the rustling smells of unseen worlds

Can I get a "Hell yeah!"?

Edited by Musopticon?
kirottu said:
I was raised by polar bears. I had to fight against blood thirsty wolves and rabid penguins to get my food. Those who were too weak to survive were sent to Sweden.

It has made me the man I am today. A man who craves furry hentai.

So let us go and embrace the rustling smells of unseen worlds