Fitness and Health

Gabrielle

Gabrielle creeps me out everytime she says stuff like that...

Lou Gutman, P.I.- It's like I'm not even trying anymore!
http://theatomicdanger.iforumer.com/index....theatomicdanger

One billion b-balls dribbling simultaneously throughout the galaxy. One trillion b-balls being slam dunked through a hoop throughout the galaxy. I can feel every single b-ball that has ever existed at my fingertips. I can feel their collective knowledge channeling through my viens. Every jumpshot, every rebound and three-pointer, every layup, dunk, and free throw. I am there.

It being wrestling season for me, I go to practice five days out of the weak, usually for about 2-2.5 hours each day. That's not counting our match days, so it's really like six days out of the week. :thumbsup: And if you think your sport practice is hard, no kind of athlete trains harder than wrestlers. (And if you think 2 hours is long, one school in my state practices for over 4 hours each day!!! They're also one of the top in the state, if not the entire region.) It's times like these one learns to appreciate the lifeblood of athletes: water and Gatorade. :)

It's also hard because I have to cut weight this time of year, and as one who hates dieting, it's not easy. But it's a good thing as well because I'm in good shape and this is the one time of year I actually eat healthy. :( I'm no health nut, but it is nice staying in shape, which is why I also do outdoor track in the spring. At least then I don't have to eat as healthy. :D

Edited by Mothman

You creep me out everytime you post.

Thanks. :):thumbsup:

Not you monkey. :(

The one above you is who I meant.

Mothman?

Lou Gutman, P.I.- It's like I'm not even trying anymore!
http://theatomicdanger.iforumer.com/index....theatomicdanger

One billion b-balls dribbling simultaneously throughout the galaxy. One trillion b-balls being slam dunked through a hoop throughout the galaxy. I can feel every single b-ball that has ever existed at my fingertips. I can feel their collective knowledge channeling through my viens. Every jumpshot, every rebound and three-pointer, every layup, dunk, and free throw. I am there.

It being wrestling season for me, I go to practice five days out of the weak, usually for about 2-2.5 hours each day.  That's not counting our match days, so it's really like six days out of the week.  :thumbsup:  And if you think your sport practice is hard, no kind of athlete trains harder than wrestlers.  (And if you think 2 hours is long, one school in my state practices for over 4 hours each day!!!  They're also one of the top in the state, if not the entire region.)  It's times like these one learns to appreciate the lifeblood of athletes: water and Gatorade.  :(

It's also hard because I have to cut weight this time of year, and as one who hates dieting, it's not easy.  But it's a good thing as well because I'm in good shape and this is the one time of year I actually eat healthy.  :p  I'm no health nut, but it is nice staying in shape, which is why I also do outdoor track in the spring.  At least then I don't have to eat as healthy.  :D

Ooh... I never found practices that hard... often, they could be more fun than the actual games :)

But having too many sport practices is terrible... doing football, hockey and cricket was enough for me... I couldn't handle doing gymnastics or ballet on top of those though, so I gave them up rather quickly :)

[color=gray][i]OO-TINI![/i][/color]

Ooh... I never found practices that hard... often, they could be more fun than the actual games  :)

But having too many sport practices is terrible... doing football, hockey and cricket was enough for me... I couldn't handle doing gymnastics or ballet on top of those though, so I gave them up rather quickly  :thumbsup:

Our practices can be fun...but for the most part they're usually boring and tiring. But then again, our practices aren't supposed to be fun. :p I most likely won't do wrestling in college, though I might stick with track.

And do you mean you did those three sports at the same time :o , or did them all at one time or another? I don't think I would be able to handle three sports at the same time, especially with schoolwork. With a sport like mine, one is enough. Kudos to you for also doing hockey, another challenging sport. As well as nice and violent, too (always a plus). ^_^

Mothman - I bet you look good in tights. Send me a picture, will ya? :*

:(

Quit teasing me. :) They are for motivational purposes. Yeah...

Well geez, why didn't ya tell me? More than happy to oblige. Just don't get high hopes. :)

Edited by Mothman

Mothie are you separated in weight categories on your trainings or not, and if so which one do you belong to?

Yeah, we are. The weight classes range from 103-275 pounds. I currently qualify for the 145 pound weight class, but I'm trying to make it down to the 140 pound class. One of the reasons being that the other guy in my weight class is an absolute stud who's been at the sport for a lot longer than I have. :thumbsup: At the 140 pound class I'll have a much better chance at starting.

Edited by Mothman

Mothie are you separated in weight categories on your trainings or not, and if so which one do you belong to?

Yeah, we are. The weight classes range from 103-275 pounds. I currently qualify for the 145 pound weight class, but I'm trying to make it down to the 140 pound class. One of the reasons being that the other guy in my weight class is an absolute stud who's been at the sport for a lot longer than I have. :o At the 140 pound class I'll have a much better chance at starting.

I wanna know how is height relevant in wrestling combined with weight?

Our practices can be fun...but for the most part they're usually boring and tiring.  But then again, our practices aren't supposed to be fun.  :o  I most likely won't do wrestling in college, though I might stick with track. 

And do you mean you did those three sports at the same time  :o  , or did them all at one time or another?  I don't think I would be able to handle three sports at the same time, especially with schoolwork.  With a sport like mine, one is enough.  Kudos to you for also doing hockey, another challenging sport.  As well as nice and violent, too (always a plus).  ^_^

I played football and hockey at the same time (from about August/September until April/May) and played cricket in the summer :)

The swimming and fencing was a continuous thing... but neither were done on a strictly competitive level so I guess they don't count as training :)

I wanna know how is height relevant in wrestling combined with weight?

Height really doesn't matter when it comes to weight classes. It's based strictly on weight, at least the way we do it around here. As usual, the taller you are, the more you'll weigh. You could be one of those tall, lanky kids with little muscle and fat, a tall heavyweight with a lot of fat, or somewhere in-between. Regardless, they look at weight alone. So if you're tall but very skinny, you could by chance have to go against someone who's short but very muscular. Definitely an interesting match-up that would be. :o That answer your question?

I played football and hockey at the same time (from about August/September until April/May) and played cricket in the summer  :o

The swimming and fencing was a continuous thing... but neither were done on a strictly competitive level so I guess they don't count as training  :)

Oh, okay. Well done. :) Although, were the practices every weekday, or just a few out of the week? I only ask because I know practices tend to vary. I've only done about two sports every year, not counting the conditioning we do in the off-season. You're probably better disciplined at staying in shape than I am, because most physical activity I do is on a competitive level. One reason I do sports is because I'm too lazy to stay in shape on my own. :) :">

I trained Football one year, Tennis one year, Karate for 8 months and finnaly Rowing five years, I haven't been training anything for 18 months now.....and I didn't do any at the same time, we aren't all sport freaks like you DL :o

Height really doesn't matter when it comes to weight classes.  It's based strictly on weight, at least the way we do it around here.  As usual, the taller you are, the more you'll weigh.  You could be one of those tall, lanky kids with little muscle and fat, a tall heavyweight with a lot of fat, or somewhere in-between.  Regardless, they look at weight alone.  So if you're tall but very skinny, you could by chance have to go against someone who's short but very muscular.  Definitely an interesting match-up that would be.  :)  That answer your question? 

Yes thank you, I'm asking because usual when I meet ppl that train wrestling they're relatively smaller but very muscalure. When I started training rowing I was 12 and I was all chubby and clumsy, now I'm 1.91 meters (6.26 feet) tall and I weigh 94 kilos (207 pounds) and totaly athletic and very satisfied.

Oh, okay.  Well done.  :)  Although, were the practices every weekday, or just a few out of the week?  I only ask because I know practices tend to vary.  I've only done about two sports every year, not counting the conditioning we do in the off-season.  You're probably better disciplined at staying in shape than I am, because most physical activity I do is on a competitive level.  One reason I do sports is because I'm too lazy to stay in shape on my own.  :)  :">

The football and hockey practices were every other weeknight... for an hour... the hockey matches were on Saturday since it was the school team... but the football matches varied since it was an out-of-school team (my school didn't believe in girls playing football)

We only had one cricket practice a week :D

Everything else I did was done in what remained of my spare time :o

I'm silly and can't sit still for too long... (I'm not a sports freak!)... plus, my aggression levels like to increase when I haven't done anything particularly physical for a while... so I'm just naturally compelled to move and run about... and yes, I'm one of those people who can/will dance to anything anywhere :D

I'm silly and can't sit still for too long... (I'm not a sports freak!)... plus, my aggression levels like to increase when I haven't done anything particularly physical for a while... so I'm just naturally compelled to move and run about... and yes, I'm one of those people who can/will dance to anything anywhere  :D

Yikes. Remind me never to tick you off when you've sat around all week. :ph34r: Anger helps with lifting, though. It's also nice to take out anger during a practice match as well. :o

I think the last time I danced on my own was when someone dropped a centipede down my back. :"> J/K

I admire/am annoyed by athletic freaks. (not you DL, I just admire you) :) Mostly I'm only bugged by them because I'm not the most athletic of people myself, and my jealousy tends to get to me. :"> My class valedictorian is also a tri-athlete. He does three sports a year, but he's done four different sports total, all on a competitive level, and maintains his shape in the summer. He's also the stud in my weight class I mentioned earlier. <_<

Edited by Mothman