Fitness and Health

Gabrielle

ya, Hap-cheeto

Edited by Laozi

People laugh when I say that I think a jellyfish is one of the most beautiful things in the world. What they don't understand is, I mean a jellyfish with long, blond hair.

That's nice. Would like a cookie now?

No. Now go hit a trail.

Trail... i don't understand that. What mean it? I like to learn regional insults.

Must be a yank thing.

DENMARK!

It appears that I have not yet found a sig to replace the one about me not being banned... interesting.

Yes, well, as I edited into my last post, the article I read was from 11 years before that. Time enough for her to shape up, if indeed the actor who made the observation was being truthful.

At any rate, I'd mentioned it because of the relevance about thin vs in-shape...

And I posted before you edited, and it certainly is a good point. I just think it's amusing that you picked one of the few Hollywood actresses who happened to secretly transform into a semi-Olympian when you weren't looking. :o

Edited by Aurora

I am following my fish.

A temporary home for stranded ML'ers

I just think it's amusing that you picked one of the few Hollywood actresses who happened to secretly transform into a semi-Olympian when you weren't looking.  :thumbsup:

Hehe, yeah, that was funny...shows how up to date I keep on stuff. lol It was during the Beetlejuice time when I saw that article...it might have been Alec Baldwin that said it. That'd be typical of his arrogant style. Too bad I threw out all my mags last summer...I could've looked it up. :wacko:

I think it's great Geena got into that tho - always wanted to do archery myself...but I probably won't. And that about sums up my fitness regimen these days. haha!

Very few people I know who jog actually do so at a gym, on a treadmill. Must be different elsewhere.

Home treadmills are becoming steadily more popular as they improve in quality and people don't want to brave the weather all year or whatever.

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

I guess I'm a sucker for the hole fitness and health thing as well.

I do a 5~6 mile run daily and at least and hour (most of the time two) of sit up and push-ups before I got to bed while I watch the news. I also hit the weights 2~3 times a week when I have the time.

EDIT: I still eat mostly junk food though... Stupid job, why does there have to be nothing but burger joints around the are!?

Edited by Haitoku

as this is rugby season, am spending 2+ hours in the gym 4-5 days a week. get in 45 minutes o' cardio and then 2 body parts with free weights. when rugby season ends, we go back to 5-6 days a week. have been doing same basic stuff since high school... which were a long time ago.

took some time off from almost all excercise earlier this year... for health reasons. go figure. am almost 100% again.

however, Gromnir is not a health nut by any stretch o' the imagination. bad work schedule. bad sleep schedule. bad food. etc. working out is for stress relief.

HA! Good Fun!

"If there be time to expose through discussion the falsehood and fallacies, to avert the evil by the processes of education, the remedy to be applied is more speech, not enforced silence."Justice Louis Brandeis, Concurring, Whitney v. California, 274 U.S. 357 (1927)

"Im indifferent to almost any murder as long as it doesn't affect me or mine."--Gfted1 (September 30, 2019)

I only tend to do yoga and visit the gym these days as compared to when I used to play football, hockey and cricket as well as go swimming and fencing... :thumbsup:

I also walk everyday since I'm car-less and I do love tanzen :D

Exercise is a great way for me to work out some aggression as I have been known to get rage on occasion... :)"

I don't go out of my way to eat healthily (I just baked some cookies this evening and ate too many :"> ) but I do like my fruit so I do eat a lot of fruit... plus, I drink lots of water :(

[color=gray][i]OO-TINI![/i][/color]