Fitness and Health

Gabrielle

ummm for a long time I had to walk a mile or so to school. and my mom is all natural and healthy about our foods...

but now that I'm not in school I don't even move from my new computer chair on some days... but I've acutally lost weight over the past 2 months :rolleyes:

Victor of the 5 year fan fic competition!

Kevin Butler will awesome your face off.

I used to go to the gym 4 times a week for 3hrs, half on cardio the other lifting. recovery wasn't all that bad, id just drink a protien drink right after my work out and the next day was only alittle discomfort. the last 3 months tho ive fallen out of my workout schedual because my gym membership ran out and i haven't had the money to rejoin, and my work out partner moved to another provence. I know they're all excuses for being lazy but what the hell. Im rejoining shapes in febuary after my bday. get my lazy arse back into shape.

I attend yoga twice a week now its alot more fun then I thought, and man, the women they are tres hot. I also have a couple of isometric workouts that I rotate on a weekly basis. I used to run, but I finds I hate other runners.

My real passions though are my Kendo and my Medieval/Renaissance martial arts classes. They keep me in shape and I'm able to releave my stress by pomelling another human being.

People laugh when I say that I think a jellyfish is one of the most beautiful things in the world. What they don't understand is, I mean a jellyfish with long, blond hair.

Muay Thai 2-3 times a week (1-2 hours), but my health still suffers from bad habits (irregular sleeping time, spending too much time in front of the computer). I don't have any diet and eat whatever and whenever I feel like and still stay pretty thin.

Exactly the same as me. Except with 5 kilometres of uphill biking(damned Kouvola) every morning.

kirottu said:
I was raised by polar bears. I had to fight against blood thirsty wolves and rabid penguins to get my food. Those who were too weak to survive were sent to Sweden.

It has made me the man I am today. A man who craves furry hentai.

So let us go and embrace the rustling smells of unseen worlds

I mostly sit in front of the computer or the TV, and constantly overeat.

My diet consists primarily of carbs, mostly the bad kind. I snack often, and dinner generally dinner consists of meat and a pasta or potatoe dish with some sort of vegetable.

I still lose weight weekly, and continue to. In the eventuality that the weight I gained when I was pumped full of happy pills all drops, I don't know what I'm going to do to keep from starving. :blink:

If people say they they eat a lot and don't exercise or gain weight, its most probably because they are overestimating the amount they eat. Then again there are other factors involved - age, sleeping, health stress etc.

While at college i used to train with weights, a lot. I used to think being big was cool but i could never find any decent fitting clothes and the extra muscular weight played havoc with my knees (although i didnt realise it at the time).

Weights are still an important part of my routine but i do a lot more cardio nowadays and i don't go heavy on the weights.

Light to medium resistance training is very good when you are young as it strengthens your bones which will help when you are old. It is also very good at lessening the effect of osteoporis in women.

Well, I eat enough I get yelled at for eating all the food in the house on a regular basis by my family, espcially my sister, who gains weight constantly unless she eats the bare minimum and exercises regularly. Poor dear.

I do have to admit I don't sleep much. Ten hours a day at the most, often times it's closer to four to six. I'm sure I'm burning up extra calories because of that, most of what time I'm not eating (that would be the wee hours of the night). Sometimes I don't even sleep for two days (the nights after which would be when I sleep for ten hours).

My health is pretty good to my knowledge. I have no known disorders, other than being in incurable doofus, they said I was bi-polar for awhile, and the pills were what made me gain the extra weight I still carry, and gain it fast. I have stretch marks on my stomach, thighs, chest, and biceps that prove it.

Directly after I took myself off them* I was still walking all over town a lot as a result of the Independant Studies courses I was taking and I dropped some good fifty pounds of fat in a three months. Gained and built muscle in the P.E. classes there. I also hit a growth spurt during which I grew a good six inches which obviously used up even more energy than normal. Still keep losing weight but only at a rate of probably several pounds ever few months. Which is okay because unless I shed my clothes the weight I'm carrying is unremarkable, and I'm fuggin' lazy.

Last time my pulse was checked it was below normal (meaning my heart is pumping more efficiently than most) and while I'm in conditions that would put most people under stress (very dysfunctional family) I've come to thrive on it.

So no, not exaggerating. Only thing I can figure is between my warped metabolism and gigantic out of proportion feet and forearms to my short stature I'm some sort of mutant. That or parasites, but I've done nothing that I would have picked them up from.

*Every time I went into the shrink he insisted I needed them, as did my family, when I took myself off using instructions to taper the dosages from the interwebs. It was a stupid thing to do, but I digress, no one even noticed a change in my behaviour, even though they yelled at me for cutting myself off when it came out. Later my dad, who yelled at me the most, did the same thing with his anti-depressants a few months later, which made his blood pressure shoot up so bad his face would turn red and he'd go lightheaded, after that he got back on them. Hilarity.

I play tennis once a week. Also, I try to walk to a lot of places.

"My hovercraft is full of eels!" - Hungarian tourist
I am Dan Quayle of the Romans.
I want to tattoo a map of the Netherlands on my nether lands.
Heja Sverige!!
Everyone should cuffawkle more.
The wrench is your friend. :bat:

I used to lift heavy weights, got myself pretty bulked up. I haven't been to the gym in a while since my membership ran out. I can't afford it right now since I have tuition to pay off.

War is Peace, Freedom is Slavery, Ignorance is Strength

Baldur's Gate modding
TeamBG
Baldur's Gate modder/community leader
Baldur's Gate - Enhanced Edition beta tester
Baldur's Gate 2 - Enhanced Edition beta tester

Icewind Dale - Enhanced Edition beta tester

ummm for a long time I had to walk a mile or so to school. and my mom is all natural and healthy about our foods...

but now that I'm not in school I don't even move from my new computer chair on some days... but I've acutally lost weight over the past 2 months  :blink:

i got depressed and stopped playing soccer for 9 months. i lost 7-8 lbs. of muscle just sitting around doing nothing. so i guess that might be what happened to you?

I'm also in the category of eating a lot and not getting fat. At first I thought I might've been in trouble with my cholestoral, bloody sugar and all that other internal stuff but it turns out I wasn't.

In fact the doctor said my cholestoral was too low (~2.3 I think) - never heard of that before.

sigpic0yb.jpg

Pure Pazaak - The Stand-alone Multiplayer Pazaak Game (link to Obsidian board thread)

Pure Pazaak website (big thank you to fingolfin)

The "inner void"-kind or the fighting-kind?

kirottu said:
I was raised by polar bears. I had to fight against blood thirsty wolves and rabid penguins to get my food. Those who were too weak to survive were sent to Sweden.

A mix, as 'true' taichi probably should be, the basic philosophy being (for those of you happen not to know) that it's a spin-off from kung-fu (so a fighting style) but one focused more on concentration and sensetivity to the enviroment and opponent than strength and dexterity ('inner voise'). But in terms of what i'm being taught at this particular class it's more focused towards 'inner voise'.

In that sense it's not nearly as good of a work out as somthing like Karate or Kung-fu, it's easy to go through a two hour session without even breaking a sweat because everything is done so slowly. However, it has been great for my energy, coordination, and, most importantly in the context of this thread, my flexability (in terms of my muscles not all being stiff from too much working at a computer).

To supliment the lack of 'real' workout from this, I just run up and down the hill to campus.

So to answer your question,

Hadescopy.jpg

(Approved by Fio, so feel free to use it)

Ah, got it. It's just that I've seen a lot of fakes swish-swashing through the air and trying to look serene. Your answer is satisfactory, I guess. As for workouts, everyone does it the way they want. Not that it's always good for'em. Ehmm...

kirottu said: