About to start Blood Lines

Lyric Suite

Is this game actually worth playing by the way? I have seen very mixed reviews and opinions.

Ignoring the game glithes and preformance issue, is the core gameplay/quests/story/characters somthing even remotely worth looking into?

It depends on your priorities. The combat is somewhat lackluster and there are quite a few areas in the game that are only occupied by hostile creatures. Stealth is still an option though, so a lot of the combat can be avoided.

Personally I thought the combat was kinda fun (at least once my combat skills were decent enough) but it's definitely the weakest part of the game.

The rest, on the other hand, is amazing. The atmosphere is phantastic, the writing is very good and the game has the best set of quests I've seen in any RPG.

There are loads of interesting characters and the fact that they're all voice acted really adds to the previously mentioned atmosphere.

In my opinion it's the best RPG in a long, long time and definitely the best game Troika made.

Bloodlines is the best thing since sliced bread. A few problems here and there but what game doesn't have those?

War is Peace, Freedom is Slavery, Ignorance is Strength

Baldur's Gate modding
TeamBG
Baldur's Gate modder/community leader
Baldur's Gate - Enhanced Edition beta tester
Baldur's Gate 2 - Enhanced Edition beta tester

Icewind Dale - Enhanced Edition beta tester

Really, there's no reason you shouldn't get Bloodlines. That's just the truth. Go and get it.

kirottu said:
I was raised by polar bears. I had to fight against blood thirsty wolves and rabid penguins to get my food. Those who were too weak to survive were sent to Sweden.

It has made me the man I am today. A man who craves furry hentai.

So let us go and embrace the rustling smells of unseen worlds

Haha, actually, the issue at the moment is purely one of time, as the only games I have time to play at the moment are online.

Go go Maya coursework mode!

Having said that, I wonder if there are many 3D modelers in this community.

Hadescopy.jpg

(Approved by Fio, so feel free to use it)

It's good to see Bloodlines get's played. My play cd was scratched just before I reached Society of Leopold. <_<

Edited by Musopticon?
kirottu said:
I was raised by polar bears. I had to fight against blood thirsty wolves and rabid penguins to get my food. Those who were too weak to survive were sent to Sweden.

Everyone should have Bloodlines, excellent game. Wish they had more vampire games.

Baldur's Gate modding
TeamBG

Nah, just more games with great character interaction and immersion.

kirottu said:

Nah, just more games with great character interaction and immersion.

If the Kotor games had it at that level I would have ranked them at the top of my list of favorites. Instead they are in the middle.

Baldur's Gate modding
TeamBG

It's too bad that there is no Troika anymore. They were the only developer that capable of making Fallout 3.(Well except Obisidan)

Bethesda will ruin it.

True on that. I only trust the original people to make another game like Fallout 3. Those Noobs will ruin it.

Baldur's Gate modding
TeamBG

Ehm...noobs? Making rpgs for a decade is not enough?

kirottu said:

Pros: Good roleplaying from the start, great voice acting, fun dialogue(Malkavian) and nice urban environment set in southern California.

Cons: Horrid combat, overabundance of uninspired quests with said horrid combat, uneventful and predictable story, worst collision detection ever seen, bugs, and massive loading times(unless you're on a good PC).

I wont ever give it a second play through but I can see how it appeals to others.

Noobs as in they never worked on Fallout. They are new to that game and it's setting.

Baldur's Gate modding
TeamBG

Yes, they aren't noobs. But making Fallout 3 is completely different(or should be different) than making ES series. So, they have no experience with that kind of game. Bethesda will try to make F3 with their way, and they will ruin it.

Besides, Bethesa makes huge games but they never fill up that huge worlds.

centinexx.png

Pros: Good roleplaying from the start, great voice acting, fun dialogue(Malkavian) and nice urban environment set in southern California.

Cons: Horrid combat, overabundance of uninspired quests with said horrid combat, uneventful and predictable story, worst collision detection ever seen, bugs, and massive loading times(unless you're on a good PC).

I wont ever give it a second play through but I can see how it appeals to others.

Loading times is the only thing I would agree with you on. Plus theres that nasty memory leak issue.

Baldur's Gate modding
TeamBG

As Llyranor pointed out elsewhere, devs taking over another game IP usally ends in disapointment, and KotoR2 is one of the few examples (in my own opinion) where it actually went well. NWN2 is looking like it will almost cirtainly be another. All this means is that Obs kicks butt.

For a further example, I am a huge fan of both Total Annihilation and Operation Flashpoint, but does that mean I should be exited by Total Annihilation 2 and Operation Flashpoint 2 (both made by different devs than the originals) or Supreme Commander and Armed Assult (spiritual sequals to the above games made by the same devs with a new name). The answer is pretty obvious.

There are lots of people who appeasiate the work of Bethesa, but their games are VERY different from the fallout games.

Hadescopy.jpg

(Approved by Fio, so feel free to use it)

Loading times is the only thing I would agree with you on. Plus theres that nasty memory leak issue.

You don't agree that there are bugs? :blink: I had a game ender if it weren't for backup saves. And the collision detection is bad - if you have eyes I don't see how that can be disputed. I remember getting completely stuck between a door and a wall in the Peep Show and that was before I started using the 'noclip' command.