Discussing your least favorite planet

Which planet is the hardest for you to play through in one sitting?  

36 members have voted

1. 1. Which planet is the hardest for you to play through in one sitting?

• Peragus
    • Telos
    • Dantoonie
    • Korriban
    • Dxun
    • Nar Shaddaa
    • Onderon
    • Return to Telos (Ravager)
    • Malachor V

I was just curious. I'm working on a new female exile, and as I struggled to keep my attention long enough to finish Peragus (my personal most boring planet) I wondered if others felt the same about it as me?

Note: This assumes you have the free time to sit and go through one planet in each sitting, as I do. I get enough time to do roughly one planet a day during the weekends (Save Nar Shaddaa), and about a half of a planet a day during the week.

Edited by SSgtSniper

And shepherds we shall be,

for Thee, my Lord, for Thee.

Power hath descended forth from Thy hand,

that our feet may swiftly carry out Thy command.

So we shall flow a river forth unto Thee,

and teeming with souls shall it ever be,

In Nomine Patris, et Fili, et Spiritus Sancti.

I'm sure a lot of people will agree with you about Peragus. I enjoy it (the experience more perhaps than the planet), because I enjoy playing a lower level character where the choices you make at levelup seem actually to impact on how you can play the game. I voted for Dxun: mile after mile of combat plus searching all the blasted cannoks. Malachor V is also dull, but you can switch your brain off and wake up inside the academy.

"An electric puddle is not what I need right now." (Nina Kalenkov)

I was just curious. I'm working on a new female exile, and as I struggled to keep my attention long enough to finish Peragus (my personal most boring planet) I wondered if others felt the same about it as me?

Note: This assumes you have the free time to sit and go through one planet in each sitting, as I do. I get enough time to do roughly one planet a day during the weekends (Save Nar Shaddaa), and about a half of a planet a day during the week.

I don't like Nar Shaddar. I'm not especially fond of Peragus, but it isn't as bad as that blasted Hutt planet. There's something about that moon that just pisses me off.

HK47: Commentary: It is not possible to destroy the master. It is suggested that you run while my blasters warm, meatbags.

Bastila to Revan: You are easily the vainest, most arrogant man I have ever met!

Canderous to Bastila: Insults? Maybe if your master had trained your lightsaber to be as quick as your tongue you could have escaped those Vulkars, you spoiled little Jedi princess!

Most hated planets of kotor (in this edited version II) (in totally random order)

Dantooine/Korriban of Kotor2- Prefer new planets, not butchered old planets

Peragus II- Way too long and not enough RPG-required interaction with the locals (too much fighting and such, and taking major long routes to end back at the start. Still don't get why I should go to the compound of the survivors to escape and activate an "critical elevator" if it only brought me back to the starting point...

Malachor V- Rushed, rushed, rushed...also too many fighting (like Deck II)

Probably Peragus. For reasons said by Battlewookie.

Just because you're a bit thinner than your even fatter mum it doesn't mean you're in excellent physical shape, if you could fit through the door and view the normal people you'd notice that cheeseburger boy. Squid suck.

Glad to see I am not alone.

Okay, let's add a question: Why do you hate the one you hate? I find Peragus repetitive and boring. It's run here, run there, kill droids everywhere, repeat.

Okay, let's add a question: Why do you hate the one you hate? I find Peragus repetitive and boring. It's run here, run there, kill droids everywhere, repeat.

As opposed to Malachor, where you run here, run there, kill Sith everywhere, repeat. :thumbsup:

Peragus had one saving grace--searching out what happened to the mining colony and finding a way off the rock. Okay, one more--you actually had a party member to talk to on occasion. Nothing to do on Malachor but kill; the environment is repetitive and ugly, and the goal is... to get nothing of any real value for your trouble except kill Kreia. Which I personally didn't want to do.

After the way the city on Telos in K1 was made (many npcs, bucketload ofsidequests, ppl actually walking around giving it a really lifelike feeling, diferent responses when wearing a sith armor....) I was reeeeealy dissapointed with the way Naar-shada came out... it just sucked on so many levels.... City moon my arse, there was more to do on dantooine <_<

Peragus was boring and uninteresting.

Manaan sucked for the same reasons as Peragus plus it had those smelly fish.

War is Peace, Freedom is Slavery, Ignorance is Strength

Baldur's Gate modding
TeamBG
Baldur's Gate modder/community leader
Baldur's Gate - Enhanced Edition beta tester
Baldur's Gate 2 - Enhanced Edition beta tester

Icewind Dale - Enhanced Edition beta tester

As opposed to Malachor, where you run here, run there, kill Sith everywhere, repeat. :p

Peragus had one saving grace--searching out what happened to the mining colony and finding a way off the rock. Okay, one more--you actually had a party member to talk to on occasion. Nothing to do on Malachor but kill; the environment is repetitive and ugly, and the goal is... to get nothing of any real value for your trouble except kill Kreia. Which I personally didn't want to do.

At least on Malachor I can run into a room and hit everyone with Stasis Field. Is it wrong I say Boo-yah every time I use that power? :-

Malachor hurts my eyes. It's the only planet where I used Master Speed all the time, because it's so dull, and all that blurring makes my eyes water. At least you can get it done pretty quickly, although then you have to do it again as the remote. Honestly, Obsidian, what were you thinking?

Still not as bad as Dxun, though. The only fun thing that ever happened there was when I hit a cannok with my lightsaber and it exploded. :-

Unlike many people, I don't share the mass haterid toward Peragus.

The worst planet (well not a planet exactly), in my opinion, is the return to Telos and the boarding onboard the Ravager. It was very short, very buggy, incredibly easy, and abover all, this it seems that it is the most cut and/or undeveloped part of the game.

Korriban sucked badly too, but the secret tomb there was good, at least.

Edited by Bulgarian Jedi

Нека Силата винаги бъде с теб!

I reject your reality, and substitute it with my own.

Time you enjoy wasting is not wasted.

John Lenon

This thread is a big "hey, f*** you!" to the humanity's intelligence.

571911[/snapback]

My personal dislike goes to Malachor 5...

I don't mind Peragus because you have interaction with the Hk droid, Kreia and Atton. Nar shadda was okay except I always end up getting forced itno having to do the jekk jekk tar thing before I want to, Koriban was ok with the secret cave and I liked Dxun, probably because I like the Mandalorians. Onderon seemed kind of lame the first visit there, but was good the second go.

Malachor 5 just takes the cake for me because 1. it makes no sense (ship falls into the deep, doesn't seem there was anyone on it yet it suddenly comes back to pick you up, Kreia wants to keep Mira from getting to you yet all she does is beat up hanharr and go nowhere anyway etc.) 2. I have to do the stupid Mira duels Hanharr thing AGAIN and personally I think Mira sucks 3. you're solo the whole time with 0 interactions except with sion and kreia at the very end and 4. it's pure hack and slash in an ugly environment. Oh yeah and then you get to float through it again with the Remote only to have GOTO hijack the remote and then, if you chose the LS ending anyway, suddenly have it seem like nothing ever happened... uhm...

For KOTOR I would have to pick Manaan also, it's way to huge for the few relativley uninteresting things you can do there and getting arrested every 5 seconds isn't my idea of fun. :blink:

Unlike many people, I don't share the mass haterid toward Peragus.

The worst planet (well not a planet exactly), in my opinion, is the return to Telos and the boarding onboard the Ravager. It was very short, very buggy, incredibly easy, and abover all, this it seems  that it is the most cut and/or undeveloped part of the game.

Korriban sucked badly too, but the secret tomb there was good, at least.

What he said

While the surface of Malachor V was pretty "empty" of anything interesting to do, at least it had a nice spooky athmosphere.

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

Peragus, simply because it's the beginning and all beginnings get really boring to me after a while. I like the fun of starting a new character, but something about Peragus sucks all of that away. Maybe it's because there's too much "Hi here's some newbie info" in all the convo's. Click click, skip. Click click skip.

I also found Nar Shadda extremely dull on re-plays, tho I'm not sure why - maybe because it's a dingy ugly city, and because the whole GoTo ship thing really annoyed me.

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

Nar Shaddaa feels like it takes forever, but it's still got a variety of things to fight/talk to/fix. Peragus is just kill droids, and kill more droids, and fiddle with some computers, but not too much, because you have virtually no spikes in your inventory. Malachor at least has monsters outside, assasins, troopers, and a few Sith inside. More variety in what you fight.

I voted Korriban, but thinking about it again I'd say Malachor V. The story pretty much ends before Malachor V and it's just a "rush to the end" planet.

Korriban was also boring, except for the DS cave thing.

"Console exclusive is such a harsh word." - Darque

"Console exclusive is two words Darque." - Nartwak (in response to Darque's observation)

Peragus is my least fave planet.

Too much mindlesss droid swatting, and not enough NPC conversation (which was really what was needed for the first area.)

It was basically, kill droids, kill some more droids, mess with computers *insert half-arsed NPC coversation here*, kill some more droids, find Ebon Hawk while killing more droids, get to Ebon hawk by killing more droids. Leave.

But doesn't anyone enjoy Peragus because the whole game lies before you? Peragus reminds me of the excited feeling I had when I first loaded up the game back in February last year. I get a buzz out of meeting Kreia and Atton for the first time, knowing how long the journey ahead will be. Plus you have some wonderful comic moments - naked Jedi, Coorta's death, T3! :blink: