Suggest a good RPG

Daaave

Okay i've decided I want to play a decent RPG could you make suggestions of some decent (preferbly cheap) ones for me to play.

The one I've own already are as follows:

KotOR 1

KotOR 2

Neverwinter Nights

aaaaaaaand thats about it.

Oh and no FF I hate them.

So fire away people.

Just because you're a bit thinner than your even fatter mum it doesn't mean you're in excellent physical shape, if you could fit through the door and view the normal people you'd notice that cheeseburger boy. Squid suck.

Torment

Anachronox

Ultima VII

"My hovercraft is full of eels!" - Hungarian tourist
I am Dan Quayle of the Romans.
I want to tattoo a map of the Netherlands on my nether lands.
Heja Sverige!!
Everyone should cuffawkle more.
The wrench is your friend. :bat:

- Final Fantasy VII, VIII and X. Deal with it, they're great.

- Planescape: Torment

- Fallout 1 & 2

- VMT: Bloodlines

"Some men see things as they are and say why?"
"I dream things that never were and say why not?"
- George Bernard Shaw

"Hope in reality is the worst of all evils because it prolongs the torments of man."
- Friedrich Nietzsche

"The amount of energy necessary to refute bull**** is an order of magnitude bigger than to produce it."

- Some guy 

I like a decent story and combat, graphics don't really bother me.

Just because you're a bit thinner than your even fatter mum it doesn't mean you're in excellent physical shape, if you could fit through the door and view the normal people you'd notice that cheeseburger boy. Squid suck.

I like a decent story and combat, graphics don't really bother me.

Vampire: The Masquerade - Bloodlines has great graphics and story, but the combat is very simple if you're used to action games.

Planescape: Torment has a fantastic story and fair (though now a little dated) graphics, but less combat than most RPGs, especially in the opening stages, and it usually rewards you for not taking the combat route to solve problems.

Fallout and Fallout 2 have dated graphics but good stories and good turn-based combat.

Arcanum has a great story but dated graphics and a rather annoying combat system.

Gothic 2 has a weaker story but great graphics and decent combat.

Ultima VII is now very old-looking (it runs in a dos simulator), but is another good story. Combat is simple, which is good for me, but not to everyone's taste.

All of the above are my opinions only, and others will no doubt disagree. I don't value combat in games, and my opinions about it are not therefore terribly reliable.

"An electric puddle is not what I need right now." (Nina Kalenkov)

yeah, pc only

Only one I can think of is Fallout 2. Graphics get the job done, combat is pretty nice too. The overall plot is spread pretty thin, but you will be doing so much you won't even notice... until the very end ofcourse.

Edited by Haitoku

Either, as long as it's decent and can keep me occupied.

Don't play Fallouts first. Because after Fallouts, no other CRPG will satisfy you. So play other games first, and than play the king.

- Arcanum. Very very good game. I'd die for a sequel but now it's impossible.

- Vampire TM: Bloodlines. Nice story, good role playing.

- Play all Infinity Engine games. I am not a fan of IE games(because of full party control :) ), but they're good indeed.

centinexx.png

I like themto be quite open ended but still keep a strong emphasis on the story, so i can mess about a bit but the story is always there and i can never get too far away from it and completely forget about it.

VtM: Bloodlines is not a bad game, except for that werewolf bit.  Combat is a bit off by if you cankeep it 3rd person view the entire time, including the gun battles its not to bad.  There are definitely worse games out there.

Nothing wrong with that particular bit, just keep on running.

- George Bernard Shaw

"Hope in reality is the worst of all evils because it prolongs the torments of man."
- Friedrich Nietzsche

"The amount of energy necessary to refute bull**** is an order of magnitude bigger than to produce it."

- Some guy 

VtM: Bloodlines is not a bad game, except for that werewolf bit.  Combat is a bit off by if you cankeep it 3rd person view the entire time, including the gun battles its not to bad.  There are definitely worse games out there.

Nothing wrong with that particular bit, just keep on running.

Hades still has nightmares about not getting past that werewolf. :D

Don't play Fallouts first. Because after Fallouts, no other CRPG will satisfy you. So play other games first, and than play the king.

Duly noted.

Werewolves are bad.  bad. Bad.  Bad.

I'll feel inspirated to do another run of VTM:BL, thanks to you. Maybe i'll do a Nosferatu this time :p

Did we already recommend VTM:BL? If not, i buy it.

- George Bernard Shaw

- Friedrich Nietzsche

- Some guy