At what point did Revan turn to the DS?

I know this topic has been done a few times but do we know for sure when he turned or is it still down to speculation?

The cronicals on the KotOR2 website say he turned when he found Malachor V during the war but does not say anything about the Star Forge. :lol: Did he find Malachor or the SF first?

Kreia says that Revan was shaped by the War caused him to despise weakness. Which would suggest that he turned at some point towards the end of the War.

So what do you guys think? Is there an official version of events?

Another great idea by the people who brought you beer milkshakes!

"I don't see a problem...then again, SW isn't my life, so what do I know...." - some who makes 27.8 post per day on a SW forum!

This thread relates to this: Was Revan Evil?

Basically K1 says that he was evil before or after (there's evidence going both ways) the Mandalorian Wars, while K2 practically says he wasn't DS at all.

Edited by dufflover

sigpic0yb.jpg

Pure Pazaak - The Stand-alone Multiplayer Pazaak Game (link to Obsidian board thread)

Pure Pazaak website (big thank you to fingolfin)

This thread relates to this: Was Revan Evil?

Basically K1 says that he was evil before or after (there's evidence going both ways) the Mandalorian Wars, while K2 practically says he wasn't DS at all.

I think we have to be a bit sceptical about what was said in K2 about Revan might not been evil. Kreia was a bit partial in this having lead Sith taught Jedi herself. I dubt that all evil see themself as evil. More probably they just see themself as realists and the others as naive. :lol:"

So you think Kreia was not being entirely honest?

"I don't see a problem...then again, SW isn't my life, so what do I know...." - some who makes 27.8 post per day on a SW forum!

My point of view:

He started looking for the Star Maps (thus turning evil) before the Mandalorian Wars.

Then when the Mandalorian Wars came around he got there as an excuse to turn Jedi to his will and find the remaining Star Maps/Star Forge.

When he finnally found the SF (after the final battle at M5 that would be) he started mass producing a fleet to take over the Republic...

My point of view:

He started looking for the Star Maps (thus turning evil) before the Mandalorian Wars.

Then when the Mandalorian Wars came around he got there as an excuse to turn Jedi to his will and find the remaining Star Maps/Star Forge.

When he finnally found the SF (after the final battle at M5 that would be) he started mass producing a fleet to take over the Republic...

But at what point did he discover Malachor V?

And then he built the Academy there?

The cronicals suggest he found it towards the start of the War.

It's just my point of view, made out of the mess I had to work with ;)

EDIT;

As the battle rages on, Jedi Master REVAN moves surreptitiously between unknown sectors, scouting for potential strongholds to withstand the attacks. He soon discovers the shadowy Malachor V, a planet listed by Mandalorian scholars as "forbidden" to step foot on.

That doesn't look like start nor end. So let's keep it to 1/2 of the War...

Edited by Battlewookiee

But what about what Kreia says about the war shaping the Jedi? That suggests that it was battle that caused Revan to turn.

But what about what Kreia says about the war shaping the Jedi? That suggests that it was battle that caused Revan to turn.

According to my theory (which can be different from Bio/OE's POV) this does not apply to Revan (already being evil) and this would point to Revan turning other Jedi towards his own POV by having them slaughter mandalorians and having fun "tortures" on M5...

So the war shaped the Jedi because Jedi Knights became DS, and followed Revan.

According to my theory (which can be different from Bio/OE's POV) this does not apply to Revan (already being evil) and this would point to Revan turning other Jedi towards his own POV by having them slaughter mandalorians and having fun "tortures" on M5...

So the war shaped the Jedi because Jedi Knights became DS, and followed Revan.

IIRC Kreia was actually talking about Revan and Malak at this point. But I would have to check to be sure.

From a sertain point of view she was honest, but probably not from a Jedi point of view. She had an agenda and Revan doing what he was doing was good for her, so she did not consider him evil. She probably thought the Jedi masters of Corosant more evil since they was in opposition to her and what she taught.

But this is in a subjective view.

In an objective view she was probably as evil as you could get (how do you think Sion and company got the way they were?). She was after all willing to kill the life in the galaxy since she did not like the idea that something could influence her. :blink:

From a sertain point of view she was honest, but probably not from a Jedi point of view. She had an agenda and Revan doing what he was doing was good for her, so she did not consider him evil. She probably thought the Jedi masters of Corosant more evil since they was in opposition to her and what she taught.

But this is in a subjective view.

In an objective view she was probably as evil as you could get (how do you think Sion and company got the way they were?). She was after all willing to kill the life in the galaxy since she did not like the idea that something could influence her. :p

Maybe but i think she was right about the Mandelorian Wars shaping the Jedi.

Maybe but i think she was right about the Mandelorian Wars shaping the Jedi.

Lies are best when they have some truth in them...... :o"

Didn't Kreia say something similiar to that?

I don't remember her saying anything like that but it does sound like something she might say. :*

But this does not really address the topic of at what point did Revan fall. K1 suggest that it was after the Mandelorian War. Where as K2 makes out that it was during the war if not even before (if you believe the cronicals).

It must have been during the war. As he had to make more and more differcult choices to defeat the mandelorians he probably took one stepp to far and fell from brace.

Using DS artifacts and ruthless metodes was probably easy for him after that. By using the same ruthless methods as the enemy he became the enemy.

It must have been during the war. As he had to make more and more differcult choices to defeat the mandelorians he probably took one stepp to far and fell from brace.

Using DS artifacts and ruthless metodes was probably easy for him after that. By using the same ruthless methods as the enemy he became the enemy.

Is it late where you are? You got a few type o's in there. ;)

Oh and i agree with what you said. :huh:

No problem.

So do you think Revan found the Star Forge first or Malachor V?

Since the Madalorian was broken at Malachor 5 I think he found StarForge before that. He just did not have enough people to use it and its products at the time.

You can have a fleet of ships, but with none to drive them they are useless.

From Kotor 1, Revan and Malak disappear after the Final Battle of the Mandolarin Wars.

So I believe that Malachor 5 had a Star Map or a reference to the Star Forge pointing to Dantooine.

Darth Malak does say that they went to Dantooine Ruins first in their search of the StarForge.

That is a part of the Ds Ending for the Kotor 1.

Dorak said that Revan and Malak were rumor to have appear at planets but never confirmed.

Btw there is a few Month gap between the battle at Malachor 5 and Beginning of the Jedi Civil War.

Revan never "fell". He became the dark lord out of necessity. And that is something the council will never know. >_< <_<

I expect that Revan really turned to the dark side because Kreia talked him into it - or more likely, foretold what would have occured if he did not. Since manipulating people is what she does/did best, no doubt she manipulated Raven into proving her teachings - that one can never be complete with having studied only one view of teachings. Either that, or she was simply trying to justify the fact that Revan was "good" and sacrificed far more than the Jedi council - thus making them hypocrites. Yeah, she had a point to prove and used Revan to prove it for her :D

HK47: Commentary: It is not possible to destroy the master. It is suggested that you run while my blasters warm, meatbags.

Bastila to Revan: You are easily the vainest, most arrogant man I have ever met!

Canderous to Bastila: Insults? Maybe if your master had trained your lightsaber to be as quick as your tongue you could have escaped those Vulkars, you spoiled little Jedi princess!