Killer7

Arkan

Like a movie you have to watch more than once to catch everything, so is it with Killer7.

It is an awesome game that strikes the Gamecube from the "kiddy console" stigma. This is probably the most violent game in existence that actually has a bizarre but awesome story and solid plot, the gameplay is awesome, the graphics are sweet with original presentation, the soundtrack is great, and it's just an all-around fun game. One of the few games I stayed up all night playing...

It's a very visceral and cinematic experience.

It's probably the most unique playing experience I've had.

"Of course the people don't want war. But after all, it's the leaders of the country who determine the policy, and it's always a simple matter to drag the people along whether it's a democracy, a fascist dictatorship, or a parliament, or a communist dictatorship. Voice or no voice, the people can always be brought to the bidding of the leaders. That is easy. All you have to do is tell them they are being attacked, and denounce the pacifists for lack of patriotism, and exposing the country to greater danger."

- Herman Goering at the Nuremberg trials

"I have also been slowly coming to the realisation that knowledge and happiness are not necessarily coincident, and quite often mutually exclusive" - meta

It was a pretty good game :p

Plus the "cameo" by Jennifer Hale was awesome :blink:

I remember you mentioning that before (it was you, right?), and I remember seeing her name in the credits, but I don't remember which character (in game) it was.

"Of course the people don't want war. But after all, it's the leaders of the country who determine the policy, and it's always a simple matter to drag the people along whether it's a democracy, a fascist dictatorship, or a parliament, or a communist dictatorship. Voice or no voice, the people can always be brought to the bidding of the leaders. That is easy. All you have to do is tell them they are being attacked, and denounce the pacifists for lack of patriotism, and exposing the country to greater danger."

"I have also been slowly coming to the realisation that knowledge and happiness are not necessarily coincident, and quite often mutually exclusive" - meta

>>

She was the assassin that killed Mills after Harmen disappeared

<<

I figured that was the role.

I figured Mills was going to get knocked off, but even when it happened it was a surprise. Also, the game went on a friggin' rollercoaster toward the end. I don't remember Garcian offing Kevin in the final Hotel scene. Was he supposed to be the front desk clerk or something?

Yes, yes he was :blink:

Ah, ok. Good. Well...not good if you were him...

I almost want to keep this game and replay it. Really pay attention to all those carrier pigeons and all the little details this time around.

Never really understood the Samantha angle, though... :p

Oh, and how could we forget Lt. Barkley playing the part of Harmen :p

Samantha was just another persona, probably an assassin at one point, but was subsumed.

There's a translation of the "Hand in Killer 7" book out there, this book really fills in a lot of details I think.

I'll see if I can find a link to it.

Ha! I was just perusing IMDB and came across the same thing :D

A couple more things.

Garcian Smith is now one of the baddest badasses in video game history.

Killer7 now holds two of the most memorable moments in my gaming history:

- When Garcian played Russian Roulette with the principal of the "school" (thus earnin his place in bad ass history)

- The Cutscene where Curtis Blackburn is introduced at the beginning of Encounter (it was here where the "Gay/Kidcube" was rendered null and void)

icon14.gif

I need to get this game.