New NWN2 Interview

Llyranor

I bet it's a Warlock concept art.

kirottu said:
I was raised by polar bears. I had to fight against blood thirsty wolves and rabid penguins to get my food. Those who were too weak to survive were sent to Sweden.

It has made me the man I am today. A man who craves furry hentai.

So let us go and embrace the rustling smells of unseen worlds

Why should the main villain be scary?  Are you discriminating against people based on their looks, because if you are shame on you    :)

;) All villains are scary, yes, and it helps if they also look scary - kind of an early warning system. This guy looks like my uncle, which is ... unsettling, but will make for an interesting gaming experience. :)

"An electric puddle is not what I need right now." (Nina Kalenkov)

What's really sad is that we probably will get games that are progressivly more Monty Haul, making the inflation of magic stuff even worse. I recall complaining about the how fast you leveled and the ridicoulus amount of loot you got in KOTOR on Obsidians KOTOR 2 board. One of the developers explained how they were going to ensure that it wouldn't reach those proportions. Unfortunatly that stance must have changed since KOTOR 2 was even worse in that aspect.

I guess I should stop ranting but I guess I'm one of the old farts that prefer to have a lower magic setting than the Forgotten Realms. That makes finding enchanted equipment something monumental and fun.

Oh please. I wish people would stop whining about this stuff. ASs long as the power is balanced with the game's challanges (it wasn't in the KOTOR series; but was mostly for HOTU and TOB) is all that should matter.

And, oh, before someone accuses of me being apowergaming munchkin I DARE you to play with me as DM. You'd be whining of their not being enough ph@t lewt.

R00fles!

DWARVES IN PROJECT ETERNITY = VOLOURN HAS PLEDGED $250.

"Well, there is nothing wrong with magic items per se, but in HotU I managed to kill a Dracolich with Rogue/Shadowdancer character without a problem."

As it was balanced to allow for that. It was intentional that all character types could win any battle. So you being able to win that battle doesn't surprise me nor should it surprise you.

"HOTU balanced?"

Yes. :lol:

As it was balanced to allow for that. It was intentional that all character types could win any battle. So you being able to win that battle doesn't surprise me nor should it surprise you.

The keyword is "without a problem". That means easy. It is a friggin Dracolich for crying out loud! :lol:

A. Define 'without a problem'. Often times on the ent someone says that but they leave out the fact that they died several times or they drank half a dozen healing potions or they made great use of some sneaky tatic. Just ask Hades. He says JE was easy yet he also mentions he died quite a bit in the game. R00fles!

B. What was easy easy for you; was very likely hard for someone else. Just read the Spoilers section.

C. It took me twice to beat it because I wans't properly prepared when I walked into his lair the first time. Second time, he was releatively easy as I was prepared. The difference between the two situations is immense.

D. When did you fight him? Was his lair the first major quest in ch2 you did, or had you done other ones like the island or the beholders or the illithids first/ Thsi could play a major role as well sicne the differences than is a combination of levels and even more ph@t lewt.

E. I bet you died more than once in HOTU; but won't admit it out of fear.

Game over.

"I died once when entered 1st time (I didn't realize I must destroy that pillar first)."

I never understood this. You died onc eyet call it easy. As far as I'm concerned, if you died or even came close to it; the fight was *not* easy. I didn't know 'balance' meant 'dying 10 times' before finding the 'perfect tatic to win'.

Try that in pnp, and you'd be embarassed having to make new characters every battle.

"It was the first dungeon to complete in this chapter."

Cool. You did well.

"I used 2 heal potions and made Nathyrra to buff my character."

2 healing potions. Haha. And, you call that being easy? Heal potions = bonus life. I didn't even use heal potions... I used heal spell. :D

"I'm being honest."

Cool, and I know. You admitted to dying, and to using heal potions. That's how I know you are being honest. ;)

Sounds, to me, you should redefine what 'without a problem' means. :lol:

Edited by Volourn

I never understood this. You died onc eyet call it easy. As far as I'm concerned, if you died or even came close to it; the fight was *not* easy.

I died once because I didn't know what will be there and just entered the dungeon to give it a try (i.e. no buffs, no anything).

Second time it was easy, because of uber gear I had (that includes heal potions). It was much more difficult it was to defeat any dragon in BG2 and they were really fearful comparing to NWN.

I didn't know 'balance' meant 'dying 10 times' before finding the 'perfect tatic to win'.

For bosses, pretty much yeah. :)

Doesnt NWN have a hard difficulty setting?

DISCLAIMER: Do not take what I write seriously unless it is clearly and in no uncertain terms, declared by me to be meant in a serious and non-humoristic manner. If there is no clear indication, asume the post is written in jest. This notification is meant very seriously and its purpouse is to avoid misunderstandings and the consequences thereof. Furthermore; I can not be held accountable for anything I write on these forums since the idea of taking serious responsability for my unserious actions, is an oxymoron in itself.

Important: as the following sentence contains many naughty words I warn you not to read it under any circumstances; botty, knickers, wee, erogenous zone, psychiatrist, clitoris, stockings, bosom, poetry reading, dentist, fellatio and the department of agriculture.

"I suppose outright stupidity and complete lack of taste could also be considered points of view. "

I define "not a problem" or "without difficulty" in an encounter based on how much of my party resources I use; hit points, potions, magic items, spells memorized, and so forth and so on. If I didn't use all that much resources its an easy encounter. If it took everything I have then it was a difficult encounter.

It doesn't matter if you are 1st level of 20th level. In my last play I was doing the whole Paladin/Cleric/Champion of Torm thing and well, the Dracolich wasn't a problem. The demilich and its defenders were.

Edited by Judge Hades

Doesnt NWN have a hard difficulty setting?

I don't remember, but NWN2 should definitely have one, and one with extreme settings (from very easy all the way to very hard). It's important that Obsidian get this right, after getting it so wrong with Kotor 2. I mean, I liked it fine that combat was so easy, but then I'd rather have been playing an adventure game with pretty fighting movies anyway - I can see how someone who bought the game for the combat would be disappointed.

I agree with Diamond, though - the occasional challenge with the bosses would be nice. And with four characters in a party in NWN2, surely they don't need to make every monster killable by every class, only by every reasonably-balanced group.

"An electric puddle is not what I need right now." (Nina Kalenkov)