Futurama!

Krookie

http://www.tvsquad.com/2006/01/05/more-rum...rn-of-futurama/

Not really "Official" but Fox refused to confirm if, so they didn't really say no.

Isn't a futurama movie coming out in 2007?

EDIT: http://tvsquad.com/2006/01/03/futurama-movie-in-2007/

Edited by Craigboy2

"Your total disregard for the law and human decency both disgusts me and touches my heart. Bless you, sir."

"Soilent Green is people. This guy's just a homeless heroin junkie who got in a internet caf

These rumours have been going around from day one since the show was axed.

yeah, but they've always denied them in the past. apparently the popularity on adult swim (and USA i think) in reruns as well as the comeback of family guy have struck a chord?!

oh, btw, AAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

*faints*

WOOOOOOHOOOOOOOOOOOOO! please oh please oh please oh please!!!!!!

taks

comrade taks... just because.

I haven't 'gotten into' most cartoons after the first couple seasons of The Simpsons. I've tried to watch some of them...I don't get South Park at all...I guess I'm getting too fuddy-duddy... :D

I did like that robot in the show or two I watched. He was kinda funny.

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

The show itself is very hit and miss

that's a point of view .. I for one find Futurama to have quite a more intelligent way of telling a story than Simpsons ever did, and one of the better cartoons I've watched!

but of course it depends on your kind of humor .. I think Invader Zim is hilarous, so that probably means I'm insane ... :-

Fortune favors the bald.

You may thing the show is hit and miss, that doesn't mean that it is. I, like Ros it appears, find the humor better than that of the Simpsons, which I sometimes find very lacking.

DENMARK!

It appears that I have not yet found a sig to replace the one about me not being banned... interesting.

:D Yay!

Captain Zapp Brannigan: Kif, I have made it with a woman. Inform the men.

I had thought that some of nature's journeymen had made men and not made them well, for they imitated humanity so abominably. - Book of Counted Sorrows

'Cause I won't know the man that kills me

and I don't know these men I kill

but we all wind up on the same side

'cause ain't none of us doin' god's will.

- Everlast

Simpsons is/was definitely too drawn out. King of the Hill was kinda amusing for six episodes too, but after that I ignored it.

The Flintsones ruled.

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

i still watch looney tunes from time to time. of course, they were MUCH more popular in the early 70s back when nobody cared if children saw coyotes bouncing off of the ground after dropping 1000 ft. from a cliff... or bugs blowing daffy's beak off with a shotgun. they're all edited now, and i'd bet anybody younger than about 20 has never seen an unedited version... :thumbsup:

anyway, yes, inform the men!

taks

they have been for almost 20 years. some stations still air them uncut, but not many. the duck hunting episode is the most notoriously cut. daffy gets shot a half dozen or more times in different ways:

bugs: "shoot him now, shoot him now!"

daffy: "no! shoot him now, shoot him now!"

bugs: "ok, shoot me now, shoot me now!"

daffy: "AHH! NO! shoot me now, shoot me now!"

elmer: "ok... bam!"

or bugs: "shoot him now, or shoot him later?"

daffy: "oh no, i see what you're doing... shoot me later!"

elmer: "ok."

they march off...

elmer: "bam!"

bugs: "well, at least they use blanks."

daffy comes marching back...

daffy, spitting out a handful of buckshot with holes in his bill: "blanks he says... here, have a handful of blanks!"

ahhh, the days.

taks

The US typically cuts them pretty badly...I watched them a lot growing up and at some point I was watching them w/some of hubby's nieces and such and I couldn't believe how truncated they were. I think it has more to do with commercials and profit than anything else - old cartoon shorts were a lot longer, and that cuts into how many they can play each hour etc....like why old ST episodes are missing large chunks sometimes.

I'm sure you can get them on DVD now or something...but on TV they're horribly chopped on most stations.