Cultural suicide!

Lyric Suite

It's funny because it was written by a theatre critic.

He was joking about that whole thing right? i mean, you couldn't be serious and write this kind of thing:

Much of what we loosely call the Western world will not survive this century, and much of it will effectively disappear within our lifetimes, including many if not most Western European countries.

Edit: i bet he and battlecookie would get along real well :blink:

Edited by Blank

The author sees cultures as some discrete units and that's where "Doom and Gloom" feel of the article comes from ("Western World dies!"). Cultures influence each other and mix with each other. The culture cannot die, it can transform or assimilate with other cultures.

The author sees cultures as some discrete units and that's where "Doom and Gloom" feel of the article comes from ("Western World dies!"). Cultures influence each other and mix with each other. The culture cannot die, it can transform or assimilate with other cultures.

Generally yes. However recent events have highlighted some immigrant youths that are feeling alienated from their new countries' culture and people and are getting disillusioned with their lot in life.

Spreading beauty with my katana.

Although the guy bases the article on the valid concern that dropping birthrates in the west will cause problems in the future, the extrapolation he makes is mad.

That's how you get more clicks. Would anyone read the article titled "Low birth rates in European countries likely to lead to demographic problems".

I've read one article where some politician was concerned about countries expanding their nucllear programs and it was titled something like "The World Nuclear War is Coming".

I have no time to read of every one's predictions, they're usually wrong anyway. Who predicted in the 70s that by the end of the centuray we would have complety used up all of our natural resources? I can't remember the guy's name.

"Your total disregard for the law and human decency both disgusts me and touches my heart. Bless you, sir."

"Soilent Green is people. This guy's just a homeless heroin junkie who got in a internet caf

Whoa... I felt like I was truly losing brain cells from just reading that... and I didn't even bother reading it the whole way through since I was starting to get a headache from rolling my eyes the whole time :p:p

[color=gray][i]OO-TINI![/i][/color]