How about VTM sequel too?

qaz156

That and a low generation vamp is much more likely to be a target for diablerie. 

I'll stick with high gens plzthx.

What's diablerie, and how do vampires maintain their numbers if they're all doomed to become thin bloods, assuming the low generations don't keep embracing?

Killed that damn werewolf. 

KILLED IT!  KILLED IT!  KILLED IT!  KILLED IT! 

Man, I should have mad a pic of it.

Thought you'd uninstalled :)

Spreading beauty with my katana.

Yeah, older vamp dies. No one wants to diablerize a high gen vamp because they're weak.

Blood bond is a little bit of one vamp's blood is either given to another vamp or a mortal. The once and it can be broken fairly easy, twice and it'll be harder, but it can still be broken, three times and you're looking at withdrawal symptoms that might kill you. This is all IIRC I don't have a rulebook sitting in front of me.

How does a fairly high gen (say 10th) vampire become an elder, and even one strong enough to start their own bloodline?  I read on wiki that vampires can start their own clans (outside the already established ones).

I believe that happens when the curse of Caine manifests itself differently, resulting in a vampire with different aspects. Not sure though.

Diablerie is feeding on a vampire older than you, you gain its powers.

Does that involve killing the older vampire? Plus how's that relate to the blood bond that makes you more loyal to that vampire?

When you diablerize another vampire you drain it of all blood and after that you keep on "sucking" until you even drain the older vamp of it's soul. Only then will you have lowered your generation and gotten hold of it's power.

How does a fairly high gen (say 10th) vampire become an elder, and even one strong enough to start their own bloodline?  I read on wiki that vampires can start their own clans (outside the already established ones).

I believe that happens when the curse of Caine manifests itself differently, resulting in a vampire with different aspects. Not sure though.

Yeah, it's like that.

Doesn't happen that often though.

kirottu said:
I was raised by polar bears. I had to fight against blood thirsty wolves and rabid penguins to get my food. Those who were too weak to survive were sent to Sweden.

It has made me the man I am today. A man who craves furry hentai.

So let us go and embrace the rustling smells of unseen worlds

Killed that damn werewolf. 

KILLED IT!  KILLED IT!  KILLED IT!  KILLED IT! 

Man, I should have mad a pic of it.

Someone is begging for a donut now, for his good efforts. :thumbsup:

War is Peace, Freedom is Slavery, Ignorance is Strength

Baldur's Gate modding
TeamBG
Baldur's Gate modder/community leader
Baldur's Gate - Enhanced Edition beta tester
Baldur's Gate 2 - Enhanced Edition beta tester

Icewind Dale - Enhanced Edition beta tester

Diablerie is feeding on a vampire older than you, you gain its powers.

Does that involve killing the older vampire? Plus how's that relate to the blood bond that makes you more loyal to that vampire?

When you diablerize another vampire you drain it of all blood and after that you keep on "sucking" until you even drain the older vamp of it's soul. Only then will you have lowered your generation and gotten hold of it's power.

Plus you gain an altered aura around you, I think it has black lines in it. Other vampires will know what you did.

Baldur's Gate modding
TeamBG

I never really used Celerity is it that good? Right now I'm playing a Toreador and I usually use Presence on my enemies.

Baldur's Gate modding
TeamBG

What clans have Celerity anyway? Toreador and Brujah only?

kirottu said:
I was raised by polar bears. I had to fight against blood thirsty wolves and rabid penguins to get my food. Those who were too weak to survive were sent to Sweden.

It has made me the man I am today. A man who craves furry hentai.

So let us go and embrace the rustling smells of unseen worlds

What clans have Celerity anyway? Toreador and Brujah only?

Yes those are the only two that have it.

Baldur's Gate modding
TeamBG

Plus you gain an altered aura around you, I think it has black lines in it. Other vampires will know what you did.

If the other vampire has high enough Auspex (I believe you get Aura Sight at 2, but I'm not sure) and if you don't have high enough Obfuscate (the aura masking ability of Obfuscate is a higher level though, 4-6 not sure which)

If the other vampire has high enough Auspex (I believe you get Aura Sight at 2, but I'm not sure) and if you don't have high enough Obfuscate (the aura masking ability of Obfuscate is a higher level though, 4-6 not sure which)

Yes Auspex level 2 you gain Aura Perception. Been a while since I've read the rule book. I guess you need Auspex level two in order to see the aura.

Baldur's Gate modding
TeamBG